Question: How many skills we lose every time we log out?

BlackHawk

Elite
Society
ROUA
Black Hawk Hawk
It is known that most of the times when we log out, we lose part of the skills we got in that session, because of a bug that does not save the amount you have gained.

Anyone knows what is the maximum amount you can lose in one go or what can one do to avoid losing skills at log out?

WOW didn't even know about this!! Subscribing to find out as well!

Ty for the post. :ahh:

Hopefully it isn't much if at all that we lose some skills during log out.

It is known that most of the times when we log out, we lose part of the skills we got in that session, because of a bug that does not save the amount you have gained.

Anyone knows what is the maximum amount you can lose in one go or what can one do to avoid losing skills at log out?

I haven't seen any research done and posted on ef.com about this issue and I browse the forum quite often during the day.

Have you done any tests that revealed you this or from where did you deduced that this issue it is known? :scratch2:

In case you already done some tests could you please share your results? :)

I haven't seen any research done and posted on ef.com about this issue and I browse the forum quite often during the day.

Have you done any tests that revealed you this or from where did you deduced that this issue it is known? :scratch2:

In case you already done some tests could you please share your results? :)

I've documented this a couple times during my vrex2KSGA skilling log.

And it's shown up a couple times where people get the same skill rank/HP after relogging.

I'd say it IS KNOWN by those that play the game, and has been admitted by support that it happens.

WOW. It was childish, made by MA is not enough that they have made huge nerf. On The skills do they have to to like this and think that nobody will notice it.

This does not surprise me.:lam:

I think one thing can show that this is a possibility. You log on put on your armor and you crash shortly after your hunt begins(after skills were gained). When you return your armor is off because the server never saved your changes, does this include the skills you gained also, I have always wondered?

Not known to me, I've seen it happen with a server crash but never on a normal relog.

I have seen a couple of posts about it but never had happened to me :dunno:

I have seen a couple of posts about it but never had happened to me :dunno:

That you KNOW of :p

It happens quite often, much more than we'd like to believe :/

I think one thing can show that this is a possibility. You log on put on your armor and you crash shortly after your hunt begins(after skills were gained). When you return your armor is off because the server never saved your changes, does this include the skills you gained also, I have always wondered?
Does the armor decay for being put on/taken off?

It definately happens.

I tested id a few years ago with a mann mph a nd a new avatar. 0 zero skills, then skill to 10 hg quickly log out. Log back, skill reset to zero. about 4 times in a row. Then I skilled to 73 and it do reset to 41. Made support cases about it and they admitted that it can take some time for them to proccess the gains and save them .

WTF?! I'll never log off during a run again, ever! Is that the reason i take so much time to skill up when comparing to other avatars?

So the solution is, don't log off :D

Is what support would say I suppose... To bored to get copy paste back so I won't send support on this one too...
However, it would be interesting to know if anyone figured a way to avoid losing those skills and what type of effort involved.

Teleporting around? Changing servers/continents/CP/CND or anything else? Starting some activity in different professions? Go inside buildings? Stay outside? Put on the orange suit? Take it off? Face West? Type "Marco" in chat before log out? Add more words before and after "Marco"?

You can see that I am bored....

So the solution is, don't log off :D

If i dont log off MA will do it for me because they have corrected to the log off so they still can ceep the nerf. :D

Does anyone that experience this issue remember if they pressed Exit right away or they waited for the 20 seconds timer to expire? :scratch2:

Maybe MA put that log out timer in game to avoid such issues? :confused:

How about someone actually test this if it's true, seems to me a pretty big deal for NO ONE to have actively tested it. It can't be all that hard to take screnshots or use the skill scanner and find out for a FACT how much we lose or details on how we lose it. Otherwise seems to me either ppl don't care so much or know it's likely something that happened as an error a couple of times and not a rule.

As for armor, it doesn't necessarily mean much, armor used to come off and on at random all the time before, doesn't necessarily mean u lost skill with it, hell, MA used to repair some of ur gear to 100% when u'd get crashed sometimes, even gear u had decayed days prior. So it's a lot of assumption, not saying it's impossible, but it's not something impossible to test ffs, just no one seems to care enough to even do a basic screenie test.

Is what support would say I suppose... To bored to get copy paste back so I won't send support on this one too...
However, it would be interesting to know if anyone figured a way to avoid losing those skills and what type of effort involved.

Teleporting around? Changing servers/continents/CP/CND or anything else? Starting some activity in different professions? Go inside buildings? Stay outside? Put on the orange suit? Take it off? Face West? Type "Marco" in chat before log out? Add more words before and after "Marco"?

or we just need to know how often the skills are saved on the server. For example if it's every 30 mins then it would be wise to stay logged on for 31 mins before u log out.

Not sure what we do in the game can "force" a save but changing continets may actually work...dunno :dunno:

Does anyone that experience this issue remember if they pressed Exit right away or they waited for the 20 seconds timer to expire? :scratch2:

Maybe MA put that log out timer in game to avoid such issues? :confused:

This should not matter, there was a warning before that when you press "Exit" button you should be aware that you stay logged in for these 20 seconds..

Anyway this was happening when server crashed, i hope its not happening now with just relog.. These 20 seconds logout is the time where this shoudl be stored.. And that was problem with server crash .. No 20 seconds to save these data..

How about someone actually test this if it's true, seems to me a pretty big deal for NO ONE to have actively tested it. It can't be all that hard to take screnshots or use the skill scanner and find out for a FACT how much we lose or details on how we lose it. Otherwise seems to me either ppl don't care so much or know it's likely something that happened as an error a couple of times and not a rule.

As for armor, it doesn't necessarily mean much, armor used to come off and on at random all the time before, doesn't necessarily mean u lost skill with it, hell, MA used to repair some of ur gear to 100% when u'd get crashed sometimes, even gear u had decayed days prior. So it's a lot of assumption, not saying it's impossible, but it's not something impossible to test ffs, just no one seems to care enough to even do a basic screenie test.

It definately happens.

I tested id a few years ago with a mann mph a nd a new avatar. 0 zero skills, then skill to 10 hg quickly log out. Log back, skill reset to zero. about 4 times in a row. Then I skilled to 73 and it do reset to 41. Made support cases about it and they admitted that it can take some time for them to proccess the gains and save them .

Seems like it has been tested Sloe. More testing could be done though... I'm interested since I am one of those players that logs quick... and has lots of crashes with EU... I've probably lost a lot of skill that way :laugh:

Subscribing.

I 've seen a lot of answers here, and the reason is actually (probably) very simple...

It just takes time to synchronize all data to the server.
I never thought about the fact before, until I got an issue with getting DC after mapping a key. What happens is that when I map it, 5 minutes later I get kicked. Relog: key mapping is gone. (known by MA (xDSL problem) but nothing to do with this issue I think)
This issue gives you an idea of the reason why skills are not saved when you log off immediately after getting them. What I think causes it, is that all game data is buffered before being send to the server.
Solution: Stop hunting 5-10 minutes before you log off. (that's easy)

NOTE: This is a personal opinion acquired by logical deduction. I do not say this is indeed a fact. You can always ask MA support and get a meaningless answer. ;)

Larkin, i read that, and i don't count a test done YEARS ago lol. VU 10.0 didn't exist bk then and it coulda happened at a time when there was a problem. We've had many times when a VU turned it to hell, and it coulda been one of those for all we know. I don't like assuming things generally. I didn't say it isnt happening, but so far most seem to just assume it is and not even know how much or any details, and i hadn't noticed a skill loss personally and people act like it's fact and no one has actively tested it afaik.

I've experienced gaining new level in a professions, logging out, logging in and gaining it again. I've experienced logging out, and when i logged in again i've had new health. This has happened 2 times lately, but it's possible i missed the messages..
I haven't seen any skills lost for sure, but the new level in a profession message multiple times is implying that it's like that.

Think it only happens when the server can´t recorde us. The max session time we got in this situation is about 15min max., so the skills we lost should not be alote.

Didn't know about it, kinda lame

I have gained the same god damn rank in teleporter countless times now and done everything I can think of to keep that rank.
using world teleporters,
waiting for the 60 afk timmer,
death,
buying shit from the TT,
remapping keys,
support case,

The only think I found to help "kinda" is to buffer your skill gains with less valued skill gains like scan human. I started doing this after I used a chip to go from port a to the noob farm "gained a rank", then landed in the center of a few mobs killed them ran in the service center and logged out. when I logged back in I still had the rank in teleporter I gained and lost the gains I had from the mobs I killed. with that in mind I feel we only take a hit in the last skill category we gained in, or I gained enough skill to have the gain in teleporter saved to the servers. have not done any testing outside of that but I tend to give maybe 20~30 clicks with a scanner before logging out now.

I'd love someone with patience (which atm is not me) to actually test this out, because i recently received a profession, got ctd then logged bk in with it still there. This was within maybe 1 min of getting the prof and had no problem. If anyone is willing to undertake it, maybe take a few screenies so there's something to work on. I'm wondering if there's factors to this, if it was a thing that happened for a short period of time, or what?

lol that bug is still here... i though it was fixed...i guess it came back some VU after MA fixed it like 4 or 5 years ago , and no one noticed it until now...

Back