How much did you spend to run VU10 smooth on your machine.

How much did you spend to upgrade your system for VU10/Cy2.

• Zero

Votes: 94 49.0%
  • 50-100

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • 100-150

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • 150-200

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • 200-300

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • 300-400

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • 400-500

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • More then 500

Votes: 60 31.3%

• Total voters
I've a machine capable of running it for quite a while after my last nforce2 based machine self destructed for the nth time and I bought an intel dual core to replace it.

Built a new one from scratch using new components and some salvaged parts from my previous one, cost about 1000GBP total to do.

Bought a Velociraptor HDD, Core i7, 12Gb DDR3 RAM, CPU cooler, motherboard, second graphics card, new computer case, and Vista 64 with upgrade to Win7. Salvaged my old single graphics card, sound card and HDDs.

...and for all of that, got 5-10FPS improvement in EU. :rofl:

(Although it's not just for playing EU)

GTX260 gfx card: $200
2 meg memory : $ 60

result awesome :wtg:

Quite shocking the amount of money people have had to spend! :rolleyes:

It's good to see Ma has a hmm loyal customer base :D

Nice reads keep them comming :thumbup:

new PSU and graphics card - $130

well worth the investment :)

I spent £90 on extra RAM (DDR, 184 pin is expensive here), but now my graphics card has gone pooffffffff! Realistically, I think I'm looking at a re-build to be most cost effective and future proof - minimal cost of that will be £400 and a huge pain in the arse. So, approximately £500 (about $800 US?) to keep up.

Meanwhile, I'm out of the game. :(

In September 2007 ... I had a computer built to prepare for CE2, so I didn't have to really do anything at all. The only thing I added was a new kick-ass sound card so I could experience the full benefit. Oh, and was having issue with the radio broadcasting software, so I needed to up my game anyway. :D

I spend just time. I tuned the gfx fan so I could OC it (original 500/800 OC 620/850), made my time to understand memory timings and tweaked it heavily too. Finally I finetuned whole system, some cfg and im ready to go.

Athlon XP 2.8
2.5gb ram
X1600 oc
-------------
1024*768 high/ultra high settings without shadows ;)

had to buy a new system, my old one still runs it, but it was 4 or 5 years old and due to be replaced anyway. Spent just over 1000 euro, $2000AU

I spent about $1500 back in 2007 on this current computer. It was time for an upgrade anyways but my main motivation for doing it was to run Crysis, so I guess you could say I spent that much for VU10 since it's running the same engine...

Nil, nada, zilch, zero. But I upgrade every year or two anyways.

Nowt

so far I have spent nothing

my computer is well above the minimum reccomended but its laggy and graphics are poor (was great pre crygen) .

nor will I be upgrading or getting a new computer although I clearly need to to do so for crygen 2 !

the game is in effect BETA with poor avatar movement , too many unclimbable hills and bugs all over the place .

once I see a possible playable game then I may upgrade . untill then I will wait to see how it develops .

With the constant tendency to keep up with the progress it's a common sense to upgrade every 2-3 years. luckily for my i did so last year, as a result i have spent absolutely nothing extra to play EU after the major update. It be kind of sad if a person had to upgrade just so they could play an MMORPG.

Back