Question: How much skill do i have to get, to break even on crafting runs?

Tataio

Provider
Tataio spitfire misho
Hi, i know its a question everyone ask.
But i have dropped all hunting in entropia to focus all on my crafting skills. i repair on a mothership 2-6 hours a day with rk-5 and sometime rk-20. And i take a break from repairing to fly to monria for the Daily crafting mission where i get 0.75 ped in enginnering, and then fly back to the mothership.

What i have in skills Points:

Vehicle Repairing: 4454
Enginnering: 4189
Vehicle Technology: 3064
Blueprint comp: 2803
Mechanics: 2432
Electronics: 2329
Manufacture mechanical Equipment: 1168

So my question is, how much skill Points do i have to get, to be a full time crafter? without lossing peds with mu? "my intresst is not to make peds and withdraw, its just to keep on the level i can break even or make a few peds to invest in next lvl crafting"

I am thinking about crafting componets that other crafters need, like basic filters, simple conductors and metal platting and so on.

And i know the thing about lowering the mu on the crafting items and max the mu on the things i try to sell.
but it would be nice to buy things at mu to help other players out "keeping the game alive".

I know i need to spend like 6 months to 2 years doing the rutine i am doing now with repairing and doing the Daily mission on monria. but it would be nice to know that someday, i can enjoy the Life of a crafter :)

p.s Go easy on me, its one of my first serius threads here in the forum, so have mercy :')

Regard Tataio

Last edited:
Skills DO matter !!!

But also :

High QR Bp's
Buy your resources as cheap as possible
Craft only things that sell with a nice MU and have high sales number
Count with averages, not a few single runs

Every BP you craft is an investment first but will payback later.
Do not craft if you do not have a minimum of 81% SR on that BP, the higher % the better

Last edited:
When you are fully maxed on the bp and have it at QR 100 you have 95% non-fails on (L) and SIB bps and 90% on non-sib ones, and about 40% of real successes. Can't get any better than that and obviously can't break even on tt return in the long run, only on markup.

20-25k clicks to get a BP from QR0 to QR100, if you dont invest in already high QR BPs, thats the part you need to go through.
What Savrog said about the success rate nails it down.

So go for MU, buy resources as cheap as possible and craft for highest MUs.
Break even or profits come only from MU!

Thanks for all the answears.

Yes i know a bit of crafting, put alot of ped in to it.

All the Blueprints that i will use will be on 100 qr, nothing under that.

Like i said, i know that i should buy the crafting componets/ore/and enmatters as Close i can to the tt value and sale the finished produkt for as much MU as possible.

The question is when can i be able to Craft "not blindly Crafting and thinking i can profit on tt value on everything" the standard componets without lossing when i sell the things with mu"ofcource i will sell at the optimal mu".
And here i mean like 20k clicks, not dreaming of 100click run and thinking that it will be happy moments everytime.

Break even for me is when i sell my things at mu, still having a pec over. i am not dreamer that Think i migical will get Everything delivered to me. that would make the game boring and not fair.

So, i know that skill maters, but where do the skills pay of in crafting? from the skill Points view of things. should i aim to get 6000 Points in enginering? or 20000 skillpoints in enginnering?
and what my other skills should be too.

From what i can look at, my mainly skill gains is in Mechanics and Electionics "get that from reparing" so the crafting later in Life "i dont know when" should be focused on Mechanics and Electronics crafting when i have high skills that can carry my Craft.

i mean, i know that, i will possible use repair kits for 10000ped to get to were i Think i may go, to do good in crafting, and were it will pay of.

But i dont really know where the goal is, and how high i need to climb.

So if a person that have reached that lvl of crafting, i really would houmble ask as to, when do i get to the Point i can relay on my skills to save me from losses? "i mean from losses that include the Mu calcualted in the mix."

I know that many factors play in to calculation, but i am looking for the skill Points of view.

Thank u all so far for investing time to answear me :)

How long will it take to find a list of buyers that you can support and a list of suppliers that can get you ingredients at a decent price? Crafting is all about supply and demand.

Crafting is not really my thing, so take this for what it's worth, but I don't really see the point of skilling up before you start. You don't go waste a bunch of time and money at a firing range before hunting, you start hunting small mobs and work your way up. There's BPs you can craft right from the start that have good MU. Skill up by doing the thing you want to do. You won't get BP drops and globals from repairing motherships.

How much skill do i have to get, to break even on crafting runs?

Answer: Enough to max out the BP on the skill side. QR needs to do the rest for 95 % ROI (i.e QR needs to be 100).

For UL BPs: Enough skills to max out 90 % ROI. QR not so important here (>40 should do it).

So, if you want to craft L13 Bps, you need a lot of skills. If you want to focus on L3 Bps, you are probably maxed on the skill side already and need to buy high QR bps.

Good luck :D

What i have in skills Points:

Vehicle Repairing: 4454
Enginnering: 4189
Vehicle Technology: 3064
Blueprint comp: 2803
Mechanics: 2432
Electronics: 2329
Manufacture mechanical Equipment: 1168

that is plenty of skill to have a lot of options already.

Thanks for all the answears.

But, skill must in some way, make an impact in the tt return or succses rate?

whats the Point in having skills, is it just to be able to use bigger Blueprints?

I really want to belive that skills, in the end, do matter, and make better returns and succses rate :/

Ty, but still want to get better result :eek:

If you are maxed on BP more skills doesn´t make any more difference in TT returns.
On the long run you will hit the average return rate with this maxed out BPs.

More skills is needed to craft higher level BPs, which need more skills to be maxed on it.

Looking at your skills you can craft all L1+2 BPs as you are already maxed on it (Skill), just need to have max QR, too.

Just enter the crafting terminal and sort the BPs by CoS, if it is 90% for UL non Sib and 95% for L and Sib you can´t get any better with more skills.

This 90% or 95% is not TT returns, it is the indicator how many FAILed you will have (10%/5%) on average (long run!).
The 90%/95% also include all Near Success beside the real success.
Real success on quantity is somewhere around 40%, and thats it.

If you know all that, you still will discover that there can be serious bad runs and serious good runs, same as with every other proffession, too.

On the long run it will average out, but you will never profit vs TT on the long run, except you are extremly lucky.

What you do now with this knowlede is completely up to you.

You can craft to offer goods for MU, and try break even after MU (there is option to profit the long run, too) or just gamble vs TT, but here you will fail sooner or later (more likely sooner).
I know there is lucky Explo IV crafters, who profit from it, but to be honest its damn pure LUCK nothing else!

If you play EU smart then you don´t need to rely on luck, its all there.
The needed informations are mostly shared and many give hints how to success in EU, although some of them sound fairly arrogant, fact is they have a point. So better listen to them and think about what this guys are saying and why they say it.
Bankroll and turnover is an important part, managing that propperly is the way to success.

GL with your venture, all said here!

Question here that while not a direct relation to the OP's thread will still be useful to him if answered correctly.

For non SIB/L blueprints. I know the max is 90% success on the blueprint. Is there a difference for a blueprint where your skills have it at 90% success with 1 qr and the same blueprint with 100 QR? Will the QR affect returns at all for a blueprint that you have already reached that max success chance via skills alone?

OP is stuck thinking that skills still matter. To be fair a lot of people have already answered this in this thread - they don't, unless it is to max a blueprint, once maxed they are irrelevant.

There you go another person has given the exact same advice. It's just like going back to the perception argument. Some will believe, most won't.

Either way, i wish you luck with your crafting - one piece of advice, LOG EVERYTHING.

Rgds

Ace

You can also look in the description of every BP and it will say what lvl you need to be for it..once you reach it skills about that are irrelevant for that BP,only the QR of the bp will increase your returns on it and once you reach QR 100 others already explained the situation..gl

Back