How much will each hangar owner get paid?

Thantos

Grumpy Old Fart
Society
Pyrates of Calypso
Jamez Thantos Brios
MA said they are going to pay the hangar pilots this summer. How much do you think each one of them will get? I'm not sure how many there are, so I am going to guess 75k-100k each. Am I too high? Not high enough? What do you think?

subscribing :) this will get interesting

I think you might be a little high but its just too hard to guesstimate.

There are 68 Hangars.

I think you might be a little high but its just too hard to guesstimate.

There are 68 Hangars.

68? Yeah, I might be high then.

i m guessing the answer is "not the actual amount"

its hard to estimate this. Will they pay out the money people pay to visit ROCKTOPIA aswell? = 80 ped/player.

if not, then first thing we need is a gues for the amount of players jumping up and down every day. I have no clue..

its late and i can't think. lets get back on this tomorrow :yay:

Say you have 50 trips a day.
Half to CP and half to CND
so average is (32.5 x 50)/68 =23.897 per hangar per day.

It's been about 9 months now that these assets have been frozen, so

23.897 (ped) x 9 (months) x 30 (days) = 6452peds per hangar owner.

A successfully run hangar could make easily 1000 ped a week.

1000/7 (days) =142.85 ped per day

142.85 x 9 x 30 = 38571.42

So people who managed Hangars as a business probably are going to lose about 30k peds in revenue.

Oh.. well its not idea to even post here since we will get no def-answer.
But honestly, i got no clue.
I hope its fairly compensated.

unless MA shows the log of the amount of PED spend traveling, really, no one knows the exact figures. For all you know, MA can give all the owners 10PED :laugh:

my first reaction is 'not as much as they should' lol :laugh:

subscribing :deal:

Say you have 50 trips a day.
Half to CP and half to CND
so average is (32.5 x 50)/68 =23.897 per hangar per day.

It's been about 9 months now that these assets have been frozen, so

A successfully run hangar could make easily 1000 ped a week.

1000/7 (days) =142.85 ped per day

142.85 x 9 x 30 = 38571.42

So people who managed Hangars as a business probably are going to lose about 30k peds in revenue.

They may have earned 30k PED less, if your figures are correct, but they didn't have to do anything for it, instead of hanging round Twin for 16 hours a day.

You missed the thousands of 80 PED trips to Rocktropia and back too.

They may have earned 30k PED less, if your figures are correct, but they didn't have to do anything for it, instead of hanging round Twin for 16 hours a day.

That was maybe 1 day and now no one goes to Rocktropia so it shouldn't offset the average.

It's basic economics called opportunity cost. Your fellow participants have invested between 100k-180k peds in an income producing asset that has been reduced to almost nothing. They had the ability to produce income removed from them without notice for what will be over a year. That alone does not sit well for a real cash economy.

That money could have been used in many other areas of the economy instead of tied up in a fake deed (there's not even property attached to it). The opportunity cost of owning a hangar now is that their money has been tied up in a useless item and will get small payout, less than if they had the ability run it themselves or owned a land area. If people had known about this in advanced, perhaps they would've have purchased land areas instead.

.. they didn't have to do anything for it, instead of hanging round Twin for 16 hours a day.

Just to make a distinction here ... the HANGAR OWNERS are being compensated, not PILOTS.

Most hangar owners NEVER hung around Twins, let alone for 16 hrs a day.
(Thats not to say that some hangar owners werent pilots too ofc - but thats not what they're being compensated for)

Last edited:
Just to make a distinction here ... the HANGAR OWNERS are being compensated, not PILOTS.

Most hangar owners NEVER hung around Twins, let alone for 16 hrs a day.
(Thats not to say that some hangar owners werent pilots too ofc - but thats not what they're being compensated for)

Well that only makes sense.
Why should the person paid to do the flights get anything? its the owner that is getting screwed by MA, not the pilot, well the pilot loses hes/her job, but thats no big deal really.
MA has on the other hand has been intentionally bu**f**king those who put 20k dollar into buying a nice location hangar for soon over a year getting almost nothing.
I will assume Burnsey's caluclations are right until i get word of something els from someone with a diffrent math to back it up.

monthly fee?!?

Since the mall at Oxford came back with high monthly fees, I wonder if the hangers will too?!?... Actually makes more sense, to me, for a maintenance man to be needed for actual ships then it does to simply put a hinge on a front door. Maybe vehicle repair can become a new profession - two professions - one for land vehicles and one for ships.

Since the mall at Oxford came back with high monthly fees, I wonder if the hangers will too?!?... Actually makes more sense, to me, for a maintenance man to be needed for actual ships then it does to simply put a hinge on a front door. Maybe vehicle repair can become a new profession - two professions - one for land vehicles and one for ships.

And what does this have to do with the OP? :eyecrazy:

Lol i seem to remember another monster thread on this subject.......correct me if im wrong...!! :)

And what does this have to do with the OP?
everything... if there's monthly "rent" that will impact future earnings and the amount they get to keep out of what they do end up with...especially if the rent is retroactive to the months that the hangers went offline, making MA|FPC's cut of the profits a lot bigger.

Hangars, like land areas, never had 'rent' - which I presume you are equating to a shop/estate maintenance fee?

However, MA took their share from hangars/ships from the decay and oil consumed from each and every flight.

Oh, and just to make sure you understand - in the month before vu10, that came to about 7700ped from just my hangar alone.

Mmm.. I'm sure the hangar owners would be delighted if MA commuted that to say a 25ped/month fee and 2.5% of fares instead, like a shop :laugh:

Last edited:
... ..especially if the rent is retroactive to the months that the hangers went offline, making MA|FPC's cut of the profits a lot bigger.

WTH would MA charge rent on something that doesnt exist again yet -if that was the case they would have charged "rent" on appmnts -b4 they were reintroduced- which of course they didnt!!

I agree with this analysis, except I think MA deserves their share like they normally take with piloting, so 50/50 =3kpeds

Last edited:
I'm a bit outraged that MA has been holding our transport ped, interest free, instead of allocating it to the owners at least on a monthly basis. It seems that skrewing over a minority is okay in EU. ??

Am I being too harsh? Just surprised that they've been hanging (pun) on to the ped for this long. :eek:

I dont see the need to pay them anything to be flat out honest.

No one else in professions that are not availabale are getting compensated. Beauty professsionals got no compesation.

If any should get the compensation it should be split only among the few pilots that were actually active the year prior to hangers being taken out of play.

The others were not losing money if they only used it for private flights and as nothing but a deed to sit on in case prices rose later so they could flip them and turn a profit and have ZERO intention to work using them. By getting nothing they are compensated just as they have lost. No work no loss, this will be a more fair compensation then the working pilots will see I am sure.

This was never confirmed within the realm on hangar owners. For all we know it could be intended that travel to each planet will be via instant teleporter and the hangar owners of each world will only be used to travel to the moons/cnd/cp's of that world.

If hangar owners get paid out for those RT trips they're very lucky and should probably just shutup about getting a bad deal out of all this.

Split the accrued funds between all 68 hangar owners and phase them out...

Or MA can give back the hangars and let them work like allways so ppl can fly to CP and CND but ceep the TP:s to CP and CND.

In that way they will not lose a ped but fuxx a lot off ppl.

You can call it a "dynamic" "nerf" and no rules will be broken.

Last edited:
The short answer is for commercial pilots nowhere near what they could have earned and for private owners more than they ever did before.

Look at it this way...

Once the tp fees are divided it will work out to...
26pec for each trip to CP
36pec for each trip to CND
58pec for each trip to Rocktropia

This works out to roughly 1% of what a commercial pilot was earning in profit for the same fare.

Of course every pec adds up but for those that were putting in long hours and doing a few trips a day you can see just how much of a loss in earnings this will end up being considering there has to be 100 people taking the journey to pay for just one trip they did in the past.

For those that didn't fly of course its money for nothing and I'm sure they are loving it.

I did love flying xD only waiting when its comes back with some action..that u can actually use gunner seat xD killing Robot Spaceships...eanr loot from them..beacons..OOO I CANT WAIT I WANT IT NOW LOL
0:yay::yay::yay::wtg:

I have no idea what MA will decide to pay to the ship owners. however, I do know what a ship can generate in profit in a month. now, bear in mind that I'm the worst pilot ever and I flew at pretty much the lowest rates and didn't dedicate my life to standing around and measuring my hair as it grew.

I could easily make over 2K peds a month. the more driven and present pilots would generate twice that. again, bear in mind, this is after expenses.

so, after nine months, my lost revenue is probably around 20K ped. burnsey estimated the payout at 6.5K or so. in my opinion, this would be a huge loss, for me.

the major factor really is that there are some 68 hangars - but of that number, at best 30 were active commerically. so, over half will get a free ride. I don't see any way around this, as all should be treated equally. but the longer the current situation continues, the worse it is for any pilot who had any degree of activity.

since we're talking about all of this stuff and costs and whatnot, I personally find it hilarious that people are willing to pay 17.5 ped to go to CP and 25 ped to go to the asteriod. I always flew much lower but still had a hard time finding passengers. of course, most passengers had no qualms about paying someone else more because they were there at the time.

I'll laugh even harder if some sort of automatic shuttle system is introduced at the now "normal" rates - less stress and annoyance for me.

another real source of annoyance is the fact that, at this moment, I can't sell my ship even if I wanted.

Back