How newbie friendly is CND?

Magyar Republic

Guardian
Banned
Society
Laudanum
Edward Magyar Republic
As anyone who's probably read my thread on the n00bs forum can say, I'm not a player looking for a free game. I'll take my chances with my chips.

However, in an effort to be more informed and less, well.... reckless... before I spend my 50 PED to get up to CND and check it out, how noob friendly is the place?

This is how I hunt:

Shogun Armor, Castorian Combat Blade EN-A as a primary DD, Killian Broadsword as an emergency weapon, FAP, and a light handgun.

Current skills, 11 Swordsman (Hit), 8 Swordsman (Dmg), 7 Evade, 2 Laser Pistoleer or whatever its called...

My gf hunts with me, she sports an Opalo and is wearing Goblin. Shes a noob. ;)

Mining equipment used: Orefinder 103, the rest of the equipment is TT.

Im looking for a good fun experience that doesnt leave my PED card in a vacuous state. If CND can offer this, awesome. If not, I'll save my journey until I can make it count!

Cheers,

There's some big Exa's and Snables in dome ... eh ... I forget which dome ... but they're there. It's fun =o)

Stay on the planet for now, there are far more options for a noob on planet calypso, unless you are looking to mine and trade ores...

CND will be back on the Map for noobs eventually but for now it is geared more toward miners.

unless you are a miner looking for a high risk/high reward experience, i'd hold off for now...

while there are snable/daikiba/exa there, you can find similar spawns on calypso

big pluma and prancer are alot of fun to hunt too... but i'd hold off till you either have a better ranged attack or more evade

Stay on the planet for now, there are far more options for a noob on planet calypso, unless you are looking to mine and trade ores...

CND will be back on the Map for noobs eventually but for now it is geared more toward miners.

beat me to the punch

major + rep:)

So let it be written, so let it be done.

Didnt expect an officiated reply. Thanks! :)

yeah the high taxes make it better to be on planet most of the time... but cnd can ofc be very good for a big HOF or two. ;)

Dome 5 is great for the high snables etc, My brother only started the game 3 weeks ago and with a little help he is having a blast there.

You can do it just make sure you have a good FAP and the spawn is quite small so get a nice long range weapon and you will do fine.

I would not recommend mining there though until you are more skilled as it is very hit and miss,miss,miss,miss,miss,miss,miss,miss but when you do hit,,,, oh biy can you hit a good claim.

Should it be noob friendly?
and is it really noob miner friendly?
as far as most people concerns, CND = mining + dasp

You could remove "newbie" from the question and the answer would still be no LOL
CND is a hostile land, full of both jackpots and bankruptcy disputes :laugh:

I give ND alot of credit for coming right out and saying this. This is a period that alot of diffrent things are happening. I used to spend almost all my time on CNd mining but now it is like 40% it will change once FPC changes but let me say that ND has always fought for the player as it helps him. Support CND when it changes.

All my game playing years this game i found nothing biggest what 300 ped. :cussing:

So just deposit realcash, relax ( :computer: or :shots: ) and just enjoy game :sweat: :D

Wanna get money from game? - Buy u own CND or create u own game-world

As anyone who's probably read my thread on the n00bs forum can say, I'm not a player looking for a free game. I'll take my chances with my chips.

However, in an effort to be more informed and less, well.... reckless... before I spend my 50 PED to get up to CND and check it out, how noob friendly is the place?

This is how I hunt:

Shogun Armor, Castorian Combat Blade EN-A as a primary DD, Killian Broadsword as an emergency weapon, FAP, and a light handgun.

Current skills, 11 Swordsman (Hit), 8 Swordsman (Dmg), 7 Evade, 2 Laser Pistoleer or whatever its called...

My gf hunts with me, she sports an Opalo and is wearing Goblin. Shes a noob. ;)

Mining equipment used: Orefinder 103, the rest of the equipment is TT.

Im looking for a good fun experience that doesnt leave my PED card in a vacuous state. If CND can offer this, awesome. If not, I'll save my journey until I can make it count!

Cheers,

I was going to type the same thing ND said... Neverdie you earned a +rep for not bsing this guy and being honest.

Skill up some more opening poster and do some research. Good luck.

Kosmos

You must not to go to CND. With your level is better Calypso (Eudoria).

Good Luck! ;)

CND is a black hole of Techno music that will absorb you like a cult and you will never go back to the planet... :) other then that it is a ton of fun.

Was that a positive or negative reply?

:yay:

Big +rep to ND for his advise, but...

With those skills you max the 211(L) orefinder (I think, and if you have maxed it do change)

My first trip to CND was with a maxed 211(L) and did very well going unamped or with 101 amps. Second trip wasnt to bad either with the same setup. Do some research on what ores are found in what domes and you should be able to keep a nice enough average markup.

The thing is you need to have bombs/amps for at least 500-1000 drops, because it can take a while to get "rebalanced".

As for gear I have seen lots of people going unarmoured and if you get a find under a big fat mob you just drag it away (getting killed is part of the business). That said I dont know what the spawn looks like today, havent been up for at least 6 months.

Good luck.

ummmm i got pissed of with hunting on the planet and went to your place for mining.. 50 probes and no claims.. it was the straw that broke the back and i hit withdraw first time ever lol, maybe i should have used bombs.. oh well.

I took a trip up to CND just for a curiosity. I was already having a horrible run of mining (almost 200 drops unamped with no results over level II!) so I figured I'd head up to CND and check it out. Cant really lose any worse.

As it turns out the first bomb I dropped pulled me enough PED to pay for my ticket there, so I got a free trip to see the place!

Unfortunately I do like the busier atmosphere of the planet. So I went back down. But I'll visit again.

Thanks everyone for your replies on this thread.

Hopefully the Live Stream will be returned to the control room in the not too distant future, which will help create a Vibe in what is essentialy the community center at CND.. Also i purchased a Shopping booth for the control Room, so at last we can get some Event Ads and Signage in there, which will help, create some warmth and personalize the place...

Until Space Travel returns however The Vibe brought by the Pilots and Ore traders will be Sorely Missed...

Theres tons of mining going on however and plenty of Dasp hunts..
As soon as the event system is back online up there, We'll get some competitions going on too...

Ah... the silent mining of CND, only disturbed by the odd glow in the dark.

Hopefully the Live Stream will be returned to the control room in the not too distant future, which will help create a Vibe in what is essentialy the community center at CND.. Also i purchased a Shopping booth for the control Room, so at last we can get some Event Ads and Signage in there, which will help, create some warmth and personalize the place...

Until Space Travel returns however The Vibe brought by the Pilots and Ore traders will be Sorely Missed...

Theres tons of mining going on however and plenty of Dasp hunts..
As soon as the event system is back online up there, We'll get some competitions going on too...

Nice. One thing I did not get to see at CND was the club itself. This idea fascinates me, and makes me wonder if at some point small time musicians like myself can take our acts into virtual reality at the local dive or crusty warehouse --- I did manage to find a really cool dive spot in Zychion Citadel, however it didnt seem to have any use other than eye candy and speculation.

The logistics of pulling such an endeavor off intrigue me.

Nice. One thing I did not get to see at CND was the club itself. This idea fascinates me, and makes me wonder if at some point small time musicians like myself can take our acts into virtual reality at the local dive or crusty warehouse --- I did manage to find a really cool dive spot in Zychion Citadel, however it didnt seem to have any use other than eye candy and speculation.

The logistics of pulling such an endeavor off intrigue me.

By the sounds of things to come that may be an integral part of Rocktropia ;) You may be pleasently surprised.

For mining, once you unlock CGA, most people do OK, especially their first trip.

For hunting, it used to be a well-balanced place. But now, it's geared towards very low or very high hunters.

I struggle a bit with ghost+5b's in most domes, but can go naked with hl11 in the rest.

Back