How often do people think of leaving for pasters new

MagicZelda

Mature
Society
The Tar-Aiym Krang
silver Zelda Jones
As i am leaving full time EU. I was wondering how often people really think about leaving and playing something else or just getting back to real life. I thought that this thread might help MA/FPC make Entropia the game that it could/should be. So perhaps replies might follow this:

Reasons for thinking of leaving:
1. General lack of stability
2. Gameplay (no proper quests so why introduce missions)
3. Takes for ever to log in now
4. Game Direction. Vehicles are not in line with original reason i liked the game, more SiFi ones using ME would have been much better.
5. Still after 1 year since VU10 and vital parts missing while we get new bugged ones. Mentoring (we need to keep newbies), Taming ( I still have 4 pet deeds they must be starving poor things), The whole sweat ratio thing (2 long to go into)
6. I dont have a Facebook and Twitter account and dont want one :)

Ideas for staying
1. If newbies cant make it, then make EU more socialable networking type place, ie introduce internal mail delivery ie a post man/woman
2. Make Quests proper quest
3. Investigate other online games like this and see what keeps people comming back and playing, perhaps GFX and Vehicles isnt the answer in the economy EU has.

I fully understand MA is a business, running a profitable business I know the challenges but our company's no 1 mission is to listen and respond to our customers and hence we are in very good profit each year.I want this thread to be bullet points if possible so MA/FPC can review for feedback from their customers.

Many thanks for all your time over the Years Entropians it has been a most enjoyable place for many many years. Good luck with the new gaming as im sure it will appeal to many still.

Zelda
xxx

Lost too much and too addicted to quit.

how often do people think about Hamburgers? And what the hack does "pasters new" mean? Sorry i am foreign :)

1. Game is extremely stable compared to how it was a while ago. We had a buggy VU, I admit but MA is working on fixing this. You can't get thing perfect from first try, at least not with such a complex SW like EU is now

2. This isn't a quest based game. You get an avatar, some professions that you can practice and you make your own path trough the universe. Same as in RL where you can become anything you want and you don't have to fallow a predetermined path.

3. I have no issues with logging in. Of course it's not instant but it takes less then a minute to log in. If you compare with other PC games the loading time is about the same maybe even lower.

4. Vehicles allow you to travel at a very reduced costs compared to teleporting. I'd say they offer great functionality. Making them use ME would be a bad idea. It will make traveling with them so much more expensive.

5. Mentoring - They have made important steps toward making it easy for newcomers to accommodate with EU. They added an island just for them. Mentoring system, as it was before was not working properly. PPl used the disciples to farm ME items and not to help the newcomers. Very few actually took disciples and helped them until they graduate.
Taming was a useless system. Besides gaining a few extra skills, pets had no real uses in EU. In fact it was really annoying to see them used as advertising tools and most of the crowded towns to have them lying all over. We have the ad system for that. I prefer to wait a bit longer until they figure out a useful function for pets rather then just have now a feature that few ppl actually used it and doesn't offer any real functionality.
Sweating system is not ment to offer a way to play EU for free. Remember that the high price of sweat is supported by other colonists not by MA. What you want to ask is to make the medium players, the depositors, pay more for ME just to offer newcomers a way to play EU for free by making money from sweating. Not ty :laugh:

No offence but maybe EU is not for you :)

how often do people think about Hamburgers? And what the hack does "pasters new" mean? Sorry i am foreign :)

Means move on to another game or even back to Real Life :)

Please peeps some constructive comments for MA/FPC and Entropians

Z

As i am leaving full time EU.

I read your "quitting" post about leaving, where you said:

I completly agree. My suggestion now would be after all the VU10 Cry2 stuff it is a completly new game. Please setup a new game MA with pre VU10 and I will stay

I understand you don't like the bugs and neither do I, but whining about threatening to quit over the current bugs and starting a new thread when you already posted that you were quitting in another, is really redundant. Threatening to quit isn't going to change anything.

I hardly ever think of leaving to new pastures, does that answer your question? Don't think I ever will but only time will tell.

1. Game is extremely stable compared to how it was a while ago. We had a buggy VU, I admit but MA is working on fixing this. You can't get thing perfect from first try, at least not with such a complex SW like EU is now

2. This isn't a quest based game. You get an avatar, some professions that you can practice and you make your own path trough the universe. Same as in RL where you can become anything you want and you don't have to fallow a predetermined path.

3. I have no issues with logging in. Of course it's not instant but it takes less then a minute to log in. If you compare with other PC games the loading time is about the same maybe even lower.

4. Vehicles allow you to travel at a very reduced costs compared to teleporting. I'd say they offer great functionality. Making them use ME would be a bad idea. It will make traveling with them so much more expensive.

5. Mentoring - They have made important steps toward making it easy for newcomers to accommodate with EU. They added an island just for them. Mentoring system, as it was before was not working properly. PPl used the disciples to farm ME items and not to help the newcomers. Very few actually took disciples and helped them until they graduate.
Taming was a useless system. Besides gaining a few extra skills, pets had no real uses in EU. In fact it was really annoying to see them used as advertising tools and most of the crowded towns to have them lying all over. We have the ad system for that. I prefer to wait a bit longer until they figure out a useful function for pets rather then just have now a feature that few ppl actually used it and doesn't offer any real functionality.
Sweating system is not ment to offer a way to play EU for free. Remember that the high price of sweat is supported by other colonists not by MA. What you want to ask is to make the medium players, the depositors, pay more for ME just to offer newcomers a way to play EU for free by making money from sweating. Not ty :laugh:

No offence but maybe EU is not for you :)
1. Game isn’t all that stable, maybe for you and me, but for loads of people it isn’t.
And no it’s in most cases not the system players have, but the bugs in the system.

2. Comparing this to real life is a load of BS. Here your success entirely depends on the return you are given by Mindark. Yes you can trade your *** off, but thats not really skilling. It’s not like you get an regular income like in rl, paid by the hour. Same as people compare trading with real life trading, BS. In real life trading is regulated by governments via laws and trade agreements. Something that is missing here in EU, so any jerk can drive up the prices if they want. Try selling overpriced fuel in real life and see how long you get away with that before the law steps in. And in real life you cannot become anything you want. You must be capable of doing it, or do you want the toilet lady to do your bypass operation ?

3. Often I have to try two or three times before I can login, connection lost and such.
And I know many other have the same problem.

4. Just toys for decay, there are enough ways to travel, teleport, walk and running.
Granted they are fun, but would not have been missed by many.

5. About mentoring and taming your right.
Sweating: With that attitude you bound to loose in this game. New players need a way to test this game before they fork out dollars. Stop dreaming and thinking that every new player pulls their wallets on first login, it won’t happen. Sweat skill cap would help a lot here.

No offence but step back, look at the ‘entire’ picture, and think again.

The OP has a point, MA and FPC are some of the most invisible companies I ever seen.
Both have still a lot to learn or they won’t make it, seen it happen too often.
And maybe you old timers should start to be a bit more concerned.
When this fails and the curtain falls, you will not see one ped back, guaranteed.
Same goes for the Planet Partners, not one ped, guaranteed.

Are you prepared like me to loose it all ?
If not ? Then maybe this game isn't for you either.

Last edited:
how often do people think about Hamburgers?

I was thinking about them last night. So I made some for dinner:cool:

I haven't left completely yet, but I am in greener pastures ATM.

As i am leaving full time EU. I was wondering how often people really think about leaving and playing something else or just getting back to real life. I thought that this thread might help MA/FPC make Entropia the game that it could/should be. So perhaps replies might follow this:

Reasons for thinking of leaving:
1. General lack of stability
2. Gameplay (no proper quests so why introduce missions)
3. Takes for ever to log in now
4. Game Direction. Vehicles are not in line with original reason i liked the game, more SiFi ones using ME would have been much better.
5. Still after 1 year since VU10 and vital parts missing while we get new bugged ones. Mentoring (we need to keep newbies), Taming ( I still have 4 pet deeds they must be starving poor things), The whole sweat ratio thing (2 long to go into)
6. I dont have a Facebook and Twitter account and dont want one :)

Ideas for staying
1. If newbies cant make it, then make EU more socialable networking type place, ie introduce internal mail delivery ie a post man/woman
2. Make Quests proper quest
3. Investigate other online games like this and see what keeps people comming back and playing, perhaps GFX and Vehicles isnt the answer in the economy EU has.

I fully understand MA is a business, running a profitable business I know the challenges but our company's no 1 mission is to listen and respond to our customers and hence we are in very good profit each year.I want this thread to be bullet points if possible so MA/FPC can review for feedback from their customers.

Many thanks for all your time over the Years Entropians it has been a most enjoyable place for many many years. Good luck with the new gaming as im sure it will appeal to many still.

Zelda
xxx

bye bye you gonna stop whining post also now??

lol needed to read that one right myself.

Ignore this post. :D

ahh greener pastures... "grünere Gefielde" in german ic

uhm no, i am not thinking of leaving , whenever this feeling rises, i simply log off and have some RL fun instead. I also have a nice list of oldschool games like Ultima Underworld and something like BF2 too, in case EU sucks and RL sucks too. I find the developement of EU better than expected, the new VU is a good example. Some of whats called bug is actually very healthy for the economy. A crafting rush like we have on vehicles right now combined with the disfunction of refiners are good for ressource MUs

I was thinking about it for a long time.
Then I just stopped.
Now I play a multitude of games for less than it cost me to play Entropia, including PKR which I have only put $20 into (which gave me $40 with 200% deposit bonus).

I came back here today to browse around see if anything has changed while my PKR update downloads and all that seems to have changed (besides the new flying/hovering vehicles and already-been-done-for-free-in-other-games-but-ofcourse-costs-in-EU voice chat system), is that many of those who used to bash others for moaning, are now moaning. Ironic.

Entropia saaaawwwwwwwks and lol @ me for playing it for so long.

/slaps self for even visiting this forum

Last edited:
A crafting rush like we have on vehicles right now combined with the disfunction of refiners are good for ressource MUs

uhm no offense Par but there are other professions than mining in this game and the VU sucks for all of them. Crafters can`t craft properly because they don`t have ressources and Hunters can`t hunt because they have no creature respawns or just very tiny ones. I know that this is very nice for miners... but hey there are other ppls too.

However I feel that the respawn rate went up again now or was that just a personal feeling when i was trying to get to a landmarker without meeting a mob?

How about synthetic mind essence?

that'd be cheaper then oil, it does not need refining and it comes from the tt.

How about synthetic mind essence?

that'd be cheaper then oil, it does not need refining and it comes from the tt.

The point of the oil usage in vehicles is to generate markup in the system, which helps everyone, especially the new players. Oil and Lyst are two of the most often found minerals by a new player and the usage for them was very limited up to now.

What MA did was to created a connection between the new vehicle system and an already existing system, which is mining.

I don't see why you need to complain about the vehicles using oil, because you are not forced to use them.

But at least now you have an option different then walking and teleporting, which is 3-4 times more expensive then vehicles, to move around the planet.

Creating demand for nearly every raw material in EU is what will keep this game alive because this will generate markup. This is the direction MA is heading to ever since they decided to introduce L items and I believe it's a good direction.

Thanks

Thanks to all posters. Its good to get different views on things, it gives people like me the oportunity to reflect and try and think diferently about the game and perhaps a break and approach the game as if i was a newbie all over again :)

GL 2 all

xx

Every time I leave this game I have a wonderful yet brief a affair with a buxom temptress that promises me love but only siphons my money.

Only on Calypso can I fulfill my dreams and also stuff my wallet.

It's good to be serious about your gaming.

Back