Question: how should i get my planks?

swampymonster

Old Alpha
Society
Gunslingers
Lil Swampy Monster
Hello Everyone!

I had a question:

I am interested in the planks to claim an S+, however I have a dilema!

I don't wanna spend the current markup on the planks.
Should I just attempt to harvest the trees myself?

Is it cheaper to just buy them from Baron Topper (which has made great effort to keep us all informed)

thoughts?

- if I should harverst....

should I buy L harverster or try to get a UL one?

Im afraid the UL will drop in price, and tbh the UL is worth 1/3 of all the planks....

Harvesting longboards are the hard part.... Easiest to just buy all then craft, or just buy the planks... Harvesting the boards to craft take alot of time, and per hour basis with a ph3 tool, you will only get about 1 ped of longboards... Thats like 15 attempts at crafting.... So it depends on what you want to do.

Probably wait for the price drop, at some point it will go down, problem is how long it takes. If you not are prepared to spend 100 of hours harvesting trees.

Thanks for the replies didn't realize it took that long to harvest trees.

I see they already dropped a bit , maybe I'll just sit tight and wait more.

Maybe I should start harvesting tho... hard to figure it out

If you are not in a hurry to get your plot, I'd suggest you buy your planks once all plots are claimed, and wait for the next settlement.

If you are not in a hurry to get your plot, I'd suggest you buy your planks once all plots are claimed, and wait for the next settlement.

This....After the plots have been bought, composite planks have no use, the mu will plummet.

Rgds

Ace

I'm hoping they didn't spend a load of dev time adding a system that will be obsolete at that point.

I'm hoping they didn't spend a load of dev time adding a system that will be obsolete at that point.

Well, composite planks will be probably be needed for housing upgrades. But still, there are a limited number of plots, and a limited number of upgrades....(presumably). This is a once off consumable. Hard to guess how long planks will have markup.

In the short term though, i doubt people will be able to do upgrades before teh next lot of plots come out. So mu will probably still plummet....maybe :cool:

Rgds

Ace

You have absoluetly no chance to get enough boards when harvesting them yourself: time is against you.

Details can be found here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...of-Ithaca-and-Livas-(and-list-of-plot-owners) :

Only few S+ plots left (I will go later and update the map). I also know of minimum 2 ppl who aim to get more plots right now.

This is the reason, why the MU on the boards raised in the past two days again.

About MU and price drop of boards/planks:
I hope, that MA introduces something additionally to comp. planks... as we know, it will take months before we get our houses and then it will take again very very long, until we gert the next cities.

Back to OP:
If you _really_ want an S+ plot, you need to pay for planks or take the risk, that you have planks/boards left over, that have no use for a very long time. As others stated: if you don't need it now, you will save a lot of PEDs!

I want to harvest the planks myself...Lots of them... Will it be better to buy L or UL tool? and if I buy planks, will the price be much higher than harvesting cost?

Back