How the planet Calypso "fucked" the planets of partners and players. Report on the Christmas box.

XaoSLanister
Hello everyone I want to enlighten everyone a little about the fallout of Christmas boxes on partner planets.

And so, in contrast to the popular opinion that boxes no longer fall on the planets of partners, i have confirmed in practice that this is not the case.

But there is a very big nuance. if you want them not on Calypso, that you will suffer....

I explain. The thing is that the loss of Christmas boxes after the events on the siren was cut so much that their payback on the partner planets is now equal to about 100 pedam per box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the first day after the patch, i shot almost 1k ped on arcadia and did not get any 1 box. I wrote a support question to which I received an answer the next day, literally " From what we can see, the Christmas Strongboxes are dropping as they should. "

After receiving the answer, I was inspired, shot another 1 k ped ..... and received 3 Christmas boxes....

With bewilderment, I wrote that their answer : - "Christmas boxes fall as they should" does not undergo any criticism, because even in the FFA and Mayhem, boxes with such a turnover fall much more often!!!!!!!!!!!!! Practice 2 kk ped 24-29 boxes !!!!!!!!!! but that's not all, after spending another 1kk today, i didn't get a single box!!

The result of all this misunderstanding.... 3 k turnover, 3 box, -300 ped by TT. 300\3 = 100 ped for 1 box....

every time the partner planets start at least some activity, good quests, loot.... immediately jump out representatives of calypso, and take all the events, seasonal events, and so on... It's a shame that the representatives of the partner planets, whenever they are robbed, are quietly silent, and do nothing.

I’m not sure I understand. On Calypso, I don’t remember getting any Christmas boxes outside of the annihilation instances. You should be able to enter the instances from any planet. So what is the problem?

I’m not sure I understand. On Calypso, I don’t remember getting any Christmas boxes outside of the annihilation instances. You should be able to enter the instances from any planet. So what is the problem?
On Calypso, there are always mobs from which boxes fall, This is FIFA or other events. There was always just one seasonal event when boxes fell on the partner planets.... but a couple of days ago, calypso took that away from them, too. And left the players on these planets, in their underpants.

So which mob, not Instance mobs which can be accesses from any planet, on Calypso drops Strongboxes or Christmas boxes?

Could you please post the name of the mobs outside of Mayhem Instances that to your knowledge drop boxes?

I know they used to drop from "normal" mobs on calypso, but not in great numbers. I don't remember which ones, but they did drop. On cyrene, I think it was necessary to remove them from paneleons because the weak ones are not puny mobs, so their loot table is the same as the higher levels, they dropped way too many boxes for their healthpoints (80 hp).

Mindark failed bigtime to not communicate about any of this. Just a "maintenance" without any announcements. Same with the armors on cyrene, no communication towards players. A lot of normal items no longer loot in mobs on Cyrene, without telling us.
This is the info that was told to the planet partner: " MindArk needed to check out the armor NPCs and loot drops and instances (along with server stability) to make sure everything is at the level that it needs to be for everyone involved. So I believe that while they are doing this check for us, the missions for these NPCs has been switched off until they are finished. ". Even this statement is a guess for the planet partner, He says "I believe" so he doesn't know. BIG FAIL there. MY o MY what a big fail in communication.

Yeah missions have been switched off, and also all loot drops that contribute to these missions, however that was never communicated, and neither was the absence of x-mas boxes from normal mobs.

every time the partner planets start at least some activity, good quests, loot.... immediately jump out representatives of calypso, and take all the events, seasonal events, and so on...

You sure the reason of Christmas event and Christmas boxes is a planet partner did something, and not just, for example, it is christmas?
Or Christmas event was held in february last year?

OPs annoyance, how I interpret it, is that mobs on Ark and Cyrene had fairly high drop rate on Xmas boxes until MA tuned it down quite a bit. I for one was surprised about the high drop rate after 1st Dec, because it gave me no incentive whatsoever to kill mayhem mobs. Many other players must have felt the same way, MAs revenue went down, MA pulled the plug of the jolly fun. End of story I guess.

See Mindark wont let players do what they want because they want it all to funnel into mayhem where the instances are owned by mindark or onto caly where they own it.

They have a SERIOUS conflict of interest when it comes to making Entropia UNIVERSE a better game. Every single time a PP does something/ Mindark releases a mini event. Any time a planet partner starts drawing more people from caly, MA shuts it down or turns down the nozzles. Yes planet partners should be creating their own customers. And if MA was not invested in Caly the way they are then PP could focus on creating content and plaer growth. But right now MA will just steal any newly minted players to caly through their power to spawn random events and put an end to updatese planet partners make. I am sure they were fine with the new Imperial armor as armor and was fine with its stats. What they were not fine with was how many players flocked to cyrene to start farming it taking money away from mindark. MA is cutting off their nose to spite their face because they cant see the longterm goals of letting the planet partners develop content and grow so that they are able to create new players... This scares me because I think it is less about greed and more about mindark trying to stay afloat. Cp shares. Ancient greece shares... Compet Deeds.. They have spent too much money on foolhardy things like a castle or another game and not on the universe as a whole. This game could be up there with WoW. Its been around just about as long. but MA doesnt have the foresight, or they are just getting by paycheck to paycheck.. Tgats my 2cents

no mobs out side mayhem mobs should loot the boxes simple as that really , there is nothing to stop anyone on any planet accessing mayhem mobs via the event list , also nothing to stop anyone coming to caly and taking part in the event if they desire boxes in there loot ,,, im pretty sure other planets wouldnt like it if u started getting arkcions on caly , king kong fragments on tulon ect ect ect

im pretty sure other planets wouldnt like it if u started getting arkcions on caly , king kong fragments on tulon ect ect ect

Arkoin are Arkadia specific loot.
King kong fragments are Rocktropia specific loot.
Strongboxes are NOT Calypso specific loot.

Didn’t a forum mod change the title of this thread last month? Was that undone and his comment removed as well?
Curious....

Arkoin are Arkadia specific loot.
King kong fragments are Rocktropia specific loot.
Strongboxes are NOT Calypso specific loot.
mayhem is a caly specific event isnt it ? there for id tend to think seasonal boxes are specific to caly as its a caly event ? ,, but to be clear i did say from the start no mobs outside mayhem should loot them ,,, its pretty simple

mayhem is a caly specific event isnt it ? there for id tend to think seasonal boxes are specific to caly as its a caly event ? ,, but to be clear i did say from the start no mobs outside mayhem should loot them ,,, its pretty simple

As far as I know Mayhems are universe wide and not planet specific. The fact that for many years only Calypso had access to them is just one of the reasons for threads like this one. And also one of the reasons why strongbox loot outside of the event is totally fair.

Why I know mayhems are universe wide events? Well:
Why did the planet partners get strongbox loot outside of mayhem?
Because for many years nobody could get into mayhem from other planets, only from Calypso; even though they were supposed to be universe wide events.

Is this a new thing?
No, strongbox loot on "regular" mobs on other planets was introduced many years ago. In fact, at some point you could loot strongboxes from regular mobs on Calypso too (fungoid I think, not sure since it was removed too quickly).

But PPs have access to Mayhem instances now, remove the strongbox loot !!
No. Because only Calypso has acces to FFA instances still. Fair is fair, PPs do not have access to FFA when they should (universe wide event, remember?) so strongbox drop on PP mobs should remain for the time being.

What about Cyrene, what happened there?
MA put strongbox drop on a ver easy mob (Paneleon), and (in my opinion) their droprate was a bit too high when compared to their droprate inside Merry Mayhem. So I think what they did (reduce the droprate) was a good move in fairness. This is something MA did themselves, PPs have zero control over item drop and their droprate (as stated by Kris@Cyrene multiple times). MA messed up, MA fixed it.

People are mad that droprate was fixed on Cyrene, undestandable but the fix was needed and fair.

The fact that MA blatantly and constantly favors Calypso over every other PP only exacerbates the situation.

This is all just my opinion, I don't work for MA. And I may be wrong.

Didn’t a forum mod change the title of this thread last month? Was that undone and his comment removed as well?
Curious....

711 edited the title of:

but didnt merge the two threads together.

As far as i know, all mayhem instance are not global but a calyspo event. Just having a look at the CLD payouts proves it.

Back