How to be effective at picking up oil drums

Aeris_is_back

Stalker
Society
My FL
Darcy Aeris Wood : was Darcy Aeris is Back Wood
to save my self from repeating my self over and over ill do this!

a short guide to being the fastest at picking up drums of oil

(1)
in a area not around other avatars if you have it drop a single can of unrefined oil on the ground, this will load the graphic of the oil drum in to your video memory so you will see the first spawn faster. now start to zoom out with the mouse wheel until you cannot see the drum anymore. this will give you an idea of how far you can zoom out and still see the oil spawn. you can skip this if you do not have any unrefined oil.

(2)
from the action library find and bind the function "pick up" to a key you wish.

(3)
move up to the big red pump and stand as close as you can. zoom out your camera some so you can see a greater area but not to far or you will not see drums spawn.

(4)
free up your mouse use "mouse mode" not "aim mode" so you can move your mouse freely around the screen.

(5)
when you see a oil drum spawn as fast as you can move your mouse over top of the drum as you spam the "pick up" button you bound to the keyboard

(6)
if you are good at this keep silent, telling others "I GOT IT" when they ask will tend to end with you getting attacked.

(7) my bad this was not in the game when I started so I still have it off but

Turn off the "move to target" option

Edit:
a little update to better understand the context of this post, its not meant to provide information on how to steal oil when you are in a group defending the rig. its intent is to reflect the free for all environment of the newbie rig when nobody is around for force others to stand in line. how it was a very long time ago with the main rig. the fastest wins.

Last edited:
that guide is almost good to publish, shame you missed the most important part, i let you read it again and provide the info :wise:

an old oil baron..

that guide is almost good to publish, shame you missed the most important part, i let you read it again and provide the info :wise:

an old oil baron..

not getting shot!

(6)
if you are good at this keep silent, telling others "I GOT IT" when they ask will tend to end with you getting attacked.

I give you exactly 1h tops b4 you get a kos at ashi rig :D
ps: you still missed the most important part

I give you exactly 1h tops b4 you get a kos at ashi rig :D
ps: you still missed the most important part

though this thread is in the pvp area of the forums I would hope you keep it free of this kind of behavior.

Turn off the "move to target" option

I have it off, so yeah good point ill update that for the little guys.

Is more easy using the aim mouse and seet de pick option on one the mouse so aim and click pick :tongue2:

O I heard when server goes down the oil still drop so if servers going down go fast to rig and when servers come up again you can pick up more them one drop

Back