How to deal with slander?

Starfire

Long story short I owe this guy 100 peds I dont have. I made it clear id return it when I can but im broke right now.

He told me each week im late hes going to add 20 peds to it, so he wants like 160 peds from me now, of course this wasn't agreed to by me but now hes threatening me

he said he will get me greiefed out of game by telling everyone im a scammer

im tired of his threats, non the less I will still pay him the initial 100 peds as agreed to when I can but not the intest he decided to add, im worried hes trying to extort me though and I don't know what to do.

PkX4csI.jpg

In a way I understand him. You keep telling him you will have it for him, and the next time he asks, you don't have it. I am having a hard time to take your side on this one.

My tip: buy some strong boxes and give him the peds back. EU is like RL, about money.

I see auction sale notifications and yet your PED card is below a PED.

What did you spend the sale money on?

The "20 PED a week" thing is silly, but either you wasted the auction sale ped, or you removed it from your ped card to show you have less than you do.

Either way, you should be paying him back.

Why did he trust you with a loan in the first place? All trades are final in this game, so it's just a really bad idea.

As far as i can tell you should accept it.

If you'f been telling me for over a month you'd give me my peds, i would get pretty annoyed too.

it's not like you couldn't have deposited 10 dollars in the last month to pay back a debt.

How to deal with loan you don't pay back :laugh:
Usualy you repay the loan and it's done.
But if you can't just sell your soul to the devil for 100 PED this usuay works in movies.

Simple answer to this problem: Don't borrow PED you can't pay back. I have never been loaned PED in this game, and I've been here a long time. If I was loaned PED, I would have a plan to pay it back prior to accepting the loan. You know, that's part of the responsibility of borrowing from someone.

How embarrassing for you, to not prioritize payment to this person that trusted you.
Integrity is in short supply these days... :broke:

Man up, pay your debt and pay it in haste.

use a bank/pawn shop next time :p

( note u can contact most bank owners if your going to me late about paying back )

Pay up, simple as that. You can't loan real money from someone, and expect that they'll just accept the "I'll pay back when I can motto".

Perhaps your financial situation is pretty rough. But try to atleast make small payments. Go collect sweat/fruit and sell it. Hopefully this shows that you intend to pay it back, and perhaps it will help to improve your relationship

If you are friends and the term was that you pay back when you can, and he accepted, then he should just shut the f...k up and wait until you can pay him. And then come afterwards and put an insane interest rate on top of that? I am on your side on this one if your story is true. Throw that friend as far away as you can and forget about paying his peds back.

p.s. Just wanted to flip the coin a bit :rolleyes:

I see auction sale notifications and yet your PED card is below a PED.

What did you spend the sale money on?

Got to agree with this - it looks strange that you have auction sales / or active bids in your messages but nothing on your pedcard - someone would have to assume that you dragged the peds of the card for the screenshot...

If you owe money to someone you got to pay it back on his terms and not on yours - if you cant match his terms try to be proactive - show him items you got / let him scan your skills / offer payback of smaller amounts over time with some interest, etc.

You simply stole that money. Lending and not giving back in agreed term is thievery.
Want mercy ? Take your ass to church !

Adding interest is BS but so is being a month late and then whining like a pussy about it. It's only 100ped, I could probably fruit walk that in a month, there's no excuse for you not paying up a month after the agreed date.

Maybe it could have been avoided if you just deposited the ~$10 needed for 100 PED? We're not talking about an amount that should make anyone broke here if they can afford to be on a computer. . .

Seriously it's $10... If you are comming here looking for support you are not going to find it. If your situation is as rough as you don't have $10 to repay him you never should have lended it in the first place. Now that you did go collect some empty bottles or something there is really no exuse for not repaying $10..

You cant borrow money without having a plan to pay it back... the "i dont have the money" is kind of ridiculous when talking about 10bucks, thats literally the price of a pizza where i live. Its obviously a matter of will rather then ability to pay so just own up to it and pay him back...

Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
This above all: to thine ownself be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.

Never borrow to consume.

Careful, some people don't have any patients for debtors. You might find yourself giving up progressively larger body parts as interest payments until you don't have anything left to give.

This whole situation struck me as an interesting thought experiment:

First, is "shouting" with an avatar in a game slander, when the method of "shouting" is actually written words on a screen? I think you mean libel.

Second, given that all sales are final according to the EULA, wouldn't it actually be libel to call someone a scammer for not giving you PED that the EULA says you don't owe him?

Either way, you remind me of my sister when she was younger. She'd spend hundreds of dollars that she didn't have on clothes and food using a credit card, then when she lost her job and couldn't make the minimum payments, she'd complain that the creditors were harassing her. I always thought she was a dumbass and never had sympathy for her irresponsible behavior.

<slander>I, for one totally understands the intrest bit. 20 peds is perhaps abit much for every week, but you SHOULD get a penalty for the time you are overdue.
People like you who cant even afford to repay 100 ped should NOT play a game like this.</slander>

If you aren't paying him back and you said that you would, how is it slander if you are not paying him back?

Sell stuff, sweat, or suck it up & deposit, and pay up.

...and don't come up in here with some crazy ass story about your furniture being repossessed and you shooting your cousin in the knee because of it. We've seen it already.

well this backfired....

also would like to add, I'm assuming your "Phoenix Eternity StarFire" by your usename and ingame name. in the last 7 days you've crafted 734peds worth of globals and mined 375Ped worth, this means you had the ped at numerous stages

It is 10$.... if you can't pay him back instantly. I'm my opinion you have no intention to pay him back

You should not borrow money you can't afford too.

Slander?

If you would be late 3 weeks with repayment to me and make excuses every time I ask for repayment, then I would think that you are a scammer.
Therefore there is no slander here...

Pay back quick and apologize...

also would like to add, I'm assuming your "Phoenix Eternity StarFire" by your usename and ingame name. in the last 7 days you've crafted 734peds worth of globals and mined 375Ped worth, this means you had the ped at numerous stages

Lol if this is the case you are added to my list of scammers for sure. To generate this amount demands more than 100ped for sure.

Back