How to fix Aim Botting

KullXP

Prowler
Society
~ZEN~
Kull KullXP Holland
deactivated

Last edited:
haha if they wanna bot sweating? GO AHEAD! They will spend more money on electricity vs what they will actually get out of it. The skills they will gain are useless except for evade... Half the time they don't even get hit. Waste of time when resources can be placed else where. This isn't runescape.

Aim botting? Maybe you should go take a look at this game for a few more weeks.

Not really sure why anyone would use an "aim bot" when there's a "next target" button already in the game? :scratch2:

deactivated

Last edited:
Aim botting in pvp? All you gotta do is lock onto the target and shoot? First time iv heard even heard of this...

deactivated

Last edited:
deactivated

Last edited:
Bots or not, I think "select next target" should be specifically disabled in all pvp zones. Elsewhere the function is well appreciated, a general removal will draw much bigger protest. But in pvp areas it tends to cause more trouble than it's worth since you can accidentally tag team mates, and to the addicted grinder it does happen more often than they like due to conditioning. So it would not only benefit the fairness of genuine pvp game, but all hunting. To those who hurt a bit about the passing of the "old game", it would also be nice to know there are some places left where not all modern dumbing-down features are available.

• Client side scan for macro programs

Problems in game play should be solved server side or in the game play design itself.

I will absolutely not tolerate any scanning of my computer's memory or processes. Blizzard introduced the Warden long time ago. When I realized what filthy privacy violating spyware it was, I sold all my in-game assets (which were very substantial, to say the least), uninstalled all Blizzard programs and never even looked back.

I'm totally prepared to do the same with Entropia Universe when MA introduces client side scanning. Yes, even after 11 years in game.

My money will go to companies that respect my privacy.

/Slupor

deactivated

Last edited:
Let me start by saying that I do not like PVP much but since I have no choice but to work in a PVP environment while in space I feel I need to comment.

Making permanent changes to every PVP zone for a once or twice a year event on one planet is a bit over the top. I'm all for punishing botters and all but there has to be sanity to it.

If MA really wanted to solve this for LandGrab, they would setup a side instance (like what was done for Gold Rush) so that you all could go in there, have your battle and your fun without disabling our abilities further in other PVP zones. But, alas, I doubt they will accommodate your requests in the first place.

There is no "aim bot". I wish people would stop using that term. A bot is a more than simple macro/program to carry out a set of actions, for example it could hunt automatically for hours without your supervision (a robot).

What people think is the "aim bot" is just spamming "select target" (NOT "select next target", don't mess with that). This can be done manually or faster with a simple keyboard macro to press the key faster.

And it's funny how this is all of a sudden an issue after LG lands have been lost, when previous society had some members using this for years.

My money will go to companies that respect my privacy.

/Slupor

Start reading the ToU. Her is a small section of the privacy policy.

4. Privacy Protection
MindArk keeps records of Your Self-Registered Personal Information as well as certain automatically collected information, such as IP address and some information about Your hardware and related drivers ("Automatically-Registered Personal Information"). “Self Registered Personal Information” and “Automatically-Registered Personal Information” are hereafter collectively referred to as “Personal Information”.

deactivated

Last edited:
You cant beat a person who all they have to do is drag there mouse over your ava and it auto fires hitting 100% of the time.

Its because MA bad coding, better scripts allow also afk and chat in PM and in local channel in same time your ava is auto killing 5 or more opponents.

* we are lucky in EU, in other games usualy better script win PVP battle because actions run beyond human possibilityes (ofc illegal and expensive but or you use it risking ban or you remain looser for ever)

Last edited:
TBH I dont care much about Land Grab's other then how fun they were to PK @. Aim botting became a problem when most people who PVP learned of it and started doing it. Just so happens it was a hidden from most up untill recentally.

If there was a way to show you PVP before aim bot and after you would know exactly what we are tring to relay to MA / PP and all the people reading this...

The difference is night and day, over night people who were easy to kill became uber PK'ers.

Its simple, unless all of us cheat, then the non cheaters have no chance...

You cant beat a person who all they have to do is drag there mouse over your ava and it auto fires hitting 100% of the time.

You have a very specific skill of not listening what others are telling you and just repeating your own imaginary truth. It's identical to your complaining thread about returns.

There is no aim bot in entropia. Just live with that! :D

Only thing is you can shoot with select target action instead of use action. The benefit is you don't waste ammo as it won't shoot when you don't have your target aimed on.

And for thousand times already, MA remove this please, I am so tired of all those crying people.

deactivated

Last edited:
Just remove select target. Does anyone use it? (Not select next target)

Get rid of that safe zone right next to the claim while you are at it.

Hello again everybody,

Wanted to reach out and get some idea's on what Mind Ark and Planet Partners can do to fix cheating / aim botting in PVP Entropia Universe.

Please list your idea's such as,

Applies to PVP Zones only if possible
  • Server side scan for macro programs
  • Auto Banned for 24 hours when macro activity is detected
  • Auto Banned for 3 days for repeated offenses
  • Auto Banned for 1 week for excessice offenses
  • Player Flagged due to exceeding all auto bans for MA review
  • Cheating / Abuse Aim Bot, tab in support for video proof
  • Removal of the most common methods used
  • Disable auto use in PVP zone's
  • Player Health and Status Bar appears in random location every time mouse over player
  • Player Health and Status Bar appears in over 30 random size's every time mouse over player

All your suggestions will be listed here

Since MA probably wont go for anything that requires them to take action daily, or even weekly. An auto solution for most cases needs to be implemented! Lets find some really easy simple fixes and pass them along.

A thread with PVP videos of how fun it can be,
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?282204-PVP-Videos!&p=3456339#post3456339

Official Thread coming soon...

Best way to fix it is to change the combat system to include bodyzones. Headshots do more damage then leg/arm / etc. - suddendly realworld aimskills would become important in hunting as well.
Switch targetboxes off in pvp and calculate line-of-sight hits on bodyzones only - make the scale of damage difference between head/chest/arm/legs wider more meaningfull in pvp.

Kull, there is no point even talking about that, as most "pvp gods" who cant hit shit will say that select target is MUST for pvp. Ofc it do not work while clicking wiht finger, so must use some macro. While MA is saying that any aditional software and hardware is not allowed. But who care :)

MA do not care about fair pvp where avatar skills and player ability to aim wins. They care about pvp where everyone got same chance to win, so more people spends.

P.S. Last few years they where doing everything to destroy pvp as it was before... And they made it!

Kull, there is no point even talking about that, as most "pvp gods" who cant hit shit will say that select target is MUST for pvp. Ofc it do not work while clicking wiht finger, so must use some macro. While MA is saying that any aditional software and hardware is not allowed. But who care :)

MA do not care about fair pvp where avatar skills and player ability to aim wins. They care about pvp where everyone got same chance to win, so more people spends.

P.S. Last few years they where doing everything to destroy pvp as it was before... And they made it!

Master des-informer strikes again!

I personally have not heard even a single person saying that select target is something they want.

We all know about the multiple threads where everyone states the same no matter the society. We all know about all those support cases no matter the society. Everyone wants MA to change this and you know it. You just keep trying to change public opinion I'm your favor, like you do since forever :D

Only thing I agree with you about is note about MA killing PVP :p

When a certain society was the only group that knew about select target, nothing was EVER said about fixing it. Now that everyone knows, all of a sudden this must be stopped. This is only so that group can go on to use the next exploit like they always do. Same thing for server refresh loot. Some of their more illustrious members have been using that system to their benefit for three years, but since everyone knows about it, now all of a sudden MA needs to do something.

Keep select target. Don't keep select target. What they really dislike is not having an unfair advantage.

deactivated

Last edited:
Now that EVERYONE is using it not just illustrious members, then yes all of a sudden MA needs to do something.

Yes because we wouldn't want people to be playing on fair and even footing, would we?

Start reading the ToU. Her is a small section of the privacy policy.

I read the ToU, quite a few times actually. I'm OK with it. MA received my bank account details to send me the peds I withdraw. If they are happy with logging the IP adresses I use, go ahead. That changes multiple times per day.

Just edit, I must stop feeding the trolls :D

Last edited:
deactivated

Last edited:
We've all sent many support cases. MA has done nothing. I don't think anyone even uses the 'select target' function to hunt(not to be confused with 'select next target') So they should just remove it from the action library. Which is what I suggested over a year ago. My guess is they'd have to hire outside programmers to change it, since maybe that function comes with cry engine. Stupid to allow a trigger bot available in EU's own action library.

deactivated

Last edited:
deactivated

Last edited:
Back