How to get 90%+ TT?

Rocket192

Elite
Society
Classified
Sean Rocket Connors
Serious question. Been having some serious issues with this game since returning as it pertains to observed resource caps and lack of multipliers.

I arguably cycle more than 98% of the miners here per day at less than 1% markup input and I can't for the life of me seem to get to 90% tt

haha, i'm trying to get that & crafting (same happened there) fixed since december 2017.. unfortunately MA seems to rather listen to hunters, who claim crafting & mining would be fine, when it comes to crafting and mining...

I'm at less than 86% TT-return on mining after over 80k drops...

Last edited:
Have more then 350k+ tracked tt with lvl 7 ul at 85% constant tt return. No multi's no nothing. Also i reason i sold the lvl 7 and semi downgraded mining.

However, two things

1. You are focusing on markup, which is what i did as well and that affects the tt because doing high avg mu areas gives a drop in tt returns from what i have noticed. If you want ur tt back up, you might want to change that.

2. For me i was break even or close despite the low tt returns which am guessing is true for you as well, you might want to disclose that.

Bottomline, you cannot just keep focussing on markup and expect tt to come back someday. In my personal experience, it does not work that way. Need to balance the tt and markup at some point. In my case downgrading to a lower amp+doing more mu balanced zones also helped quite a bit.

It also makes sense overall because unlike hunting, in mining you can very specifically target the markup and go for those based on depth/timing etc. The system is built so you cannot blindly just focus only markup and keep profiting without any regards to anything else.

Personally, I think it is a very balanced system.

Divinity

PS: The only place where i have seen markup and tt consistent is lootable pvp :-D

Have more then 350k+ tracked tt with lvl 7 ul at 85% constant tt return. No multi's no nothing. Also i reason i sold the lvl 7 and semi downgraded mining.

However, two things

1. You are focusing on markup, which is what i did as well and that affects the tt because doing high avg mu areas gives a drop in tt returns from what i have noticed. If you want ur tt back up, you might want to change that.

2. For me i was break even or close despite the low tt returns which am guessing is true for you as well, you might want to disclose that.

Bottomline, you cannot just keep focussing on markup and expect tt to come back someday. In my personal experience, it does not work that way. Need to balance the tt and markup at some point. In my case downgrading to a lower amp+doing more mu balanced zones also helped quite a bit.

It also makes sense overall because unlike hunting, in mining you can very specifically target the markup and go for those based on depth/timing etc. The system is built so you cannot blindly just focus only markup and keep profiting without any regards to anything else.

Personally, I think it is a very balanced system.

Divinity

PS: The only place where i have seen markup and tt consistent is lootable pvp :-D

yeah i never seem to get multis outside of mining lyst/oil hotspots. hanging it up until a new mining VU - this system is not sustainable for me. Being punished for using good knowledge is completely assinine.

on second thought you're the 3rd person to report similar returns to me and the 2nd of 3 to end up selling their UL7 after the fact.

Last edited:
where was it said that mining (and hunting) also gives back 90~95% return same as hunting?

I thought this only applied to hunting, but I could easily be wrong about this.

* Just for the folks to know. It's a pure PED printing setup .
Potential Earnings are 7-12k/month at a 100-150kped/monthly cycle.

You must be using it wrong?
Or advertising like this should not be allowed.

He didn't stated if MA or the user earning those ped's every month, so i dont see any issue with the advertise.

yeah i never seem to get multis outside of mining lyst/oil hotspots. hanging it up until a new mining VU - this system is not sustainable for me. Being punished for using good knowledge is completely assinine.

on second thought you're the 3rd person to report similar returns to me and the 2nd of 3 to end up selling their UL7 after the fact.

For me from what i have seen , it was more of the "follow markup" and grind it that caused the tt block. I have since used UL7 and actually the last 3500+ force nexus i got was with the UL7 i had borrowed for a day.

There are a few things I have changed in my mining since last time

1. Do not focus too much on mu when amping, mu grinds work better when unamped or smaller amps.

Rest is *top secret* :laugh:

where was it said that mining (and hunting) also gives back 90~95% return same as hunting?

I thought this only applied to hunting, but I could easily be wrong about this.

Never seen it written anywhere but i do remember when i was getting those 85% tt returns like day in day out , there were others boasting of 98% tt returns and how there was a secret to mining and skilling which i was not knowing.

The same person now complains of the same 85% tt return lmao , where my tt returns have been near 100% in mining of late. ( Very small sample size but my multis have been much better but turnover very small in comparison)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-(Imp-Exca-t1-Mod-Refiner-UL-lv-7-amp-Tm3-T9)

* Just for the folks to know. It's a pure PED printing setup .
Potential Earnings are 7-12k/month at a 100-150kped/monthly cycle.

You must be using it wrong?
Or advertising like this should not be allowed.

I quit mining a few months ago when it became clear it was simply trying to drain my ped card.
I agree as said previously here, markup and tt are linked, despite mindark stating the system does not care about MU.

I actually was wrong in a few assumptions the biggest of which was tt returns get returned eventually ( I am due a few ATH's by now) and while there is a lot I have taught him, some neat stuff in mining I have actually learned from him. His returns for example have been way way better then mine. I don't really know whether it is just my cycle ( I can't imagine most of EU being ok with 500k+ peds at 85% tt return using L amp) or whether it is the difference in the way i mine that my tt returns have improved of late. I did get some good returns with using the ul lvl 5 and ul lvl 7 of late.

PS: I rate UL amps very highly and almost bought longtime's amp, that is the last lvl 7 that sold. For me, currently however it is impossible to mine as much as i could earlier as now the la's/bank/fund etc take a lot more of my time. I still rent/borrow the ul amps and buy L on other occasion and when things get less hectic I would definitely be willing to give it another go, just not as much turnover as before.

Serious question. Been having some serious issues with this game since returning as it pertains to observed resource caps and lack of multipliers.

I arguably cycle more than 98% of the miners here per day at less than 1% markup input and I can't for the life of me seem to get to 90% tt

Hi,

Here's some data from my sheet, think it's around 50-50 unamped vs level 5's and "regular" finder:
Total probes (including amp decay) TT dropped: 243909 PED
Total resources out: 249538.23 PED
TT return rate: 102.30%

Numbers above do not include extraction decay (old TT extractor) and finder decay, think this adds around 1% to costs.
This also does not include my latest tower which I got on planet with regular finder and level 5 amp (6700PED or so)

Think I will be on a down swing soon.

Who I have blown I will keep it a secret :))

Maybe the markup areas are overmined thus the lower tt return %.

this awesome feeling when you get 3 SOOTOs (1 PED TT , 2.3k% MU per) in a row of 3 50 PED runs , but the TT-return is just 50% or lower :rolleyes:

Inappropriate thread title changed.

Please refrain from profanity and sexual references in thread titles.

Forum Rules said:
2.7 - Profanity
Profanity in thread titles or user titles is NOT permitted. Profanity in posts should be kept to a minimum, and not be used in a comment directed at other members, Forum Staff members, Entropia Universe planet partner representatives or MindArk representatives. While generalizations using profanity and/or foul language may be common in everyday conversation, when used in a direct communication to another person, they can be interpreted as rude or insulting. Excessively profane content may be edited or deleted without notice, and may result in a temporary or permanent ban from the forum without notice, depending on severity.

:wise:

You mentioned resource caps.....

you must be mining on Caly.

Leave Caly and mining will be better overall. I assume you are running standard markup areas as well (belk, redulite ect) Which will only be normal return a fraction of the time due to lyst/oil coming out after cap is reached.

Caly is currently resource capped and it definitely affects returns as there will be a point in most areas in which you get only lyst/oil, destroying any averaged positive runs or targeted loot runs.

I never run into this issue on Ark or RT., once you have those planets mapped its very easy to target markup and get exactly what you came for without lyst/oil messing it all up.

In my >1million PED mining experience, heavily mined areas generally have lower tt.

I have been advertising Ashi as a good mu spot for sometime now... and I can see the gradual increase in overall players there, as well as my own tt / other's tt decrease proportionally. However, if you mine only waved Ashi, you can still do well at 75%tt.

There are certain resources not as available to bigger amps, yes. But the mining world has changed and quite a lot in the last 8 months.

Small amps = best overall mu/ped spent
Big amps = deplete waved resources faster, best ped/time spent

I've read through the responses here.

I mine a lot of RT and ark planetside, i also do some indoors unamped (ignis and gazz bruhhhh) and I'm still just not hitting multis, that's the issue. The system refuses to pay out multipliers in anything that isn't complete TT food.

I don't mine treasure, lyst, oil, force nexus, narc, cald, etc.... Markup is king and if the system in it's current state refuses to pay out ~90% TT returns for practicing good efficiency and applying good knowledge then there's a a flaw in there. I'm not going to meme drop on foma for the 1-2 towers/day we get there because i know there's no positive expectancy for that.

Ashi is fine and all, and i've dropped almost 50% of my TT there, looted a fuck ton of pyrite, still have most of it in storage (probably why it's up from 195 to 215% now) but honestly it's boring as fuck and grinding that every month for maybe a 1-2% profit margin can seriously fuck off because my time isn't worth that.

Also if the mods are gonna change the title they should have changed it to: "how do get 90% TT without mining useless garbage"

that being said, I am still at 86.61% TT return. I'm breaking even after markup (barely) but i spend 8-10h/day dropping probes and MA obviously nerfed some basic dynamics to prevent situations in the past where I was able to squeeze out 92-93% TT and 118-121% markup output and profit five figures on almost a monthly basis. MA has said before they do nothing to tamper with markup as it's set by the players, adjusting the TT returns by never permitting a multiplier on 95% of the resources in game is a good way around that wording.

Regardless I don't see an edge here. Should have seen that coming when everyoen and their mother wanted to sell their UL amps, which as i've said several times since 2017, are completely worthless relative to their price. Remember pre-2016? Remember Eve basically bankrupting MA with that UL7 cycling 300k+/month and ripping out 125% markup output? lmfao. UL amps were great then, now they're mostly just a meme for reselling as you can use L amps for 1% input or less thanks to shrapnel and modified finders.

The system refuses to pay out multipliers in anything that isn't complete TT food.

It works the other way around - anything that the system is willing to let you have big multipliers in becomes TT food soon.

Regardless I don't see an edge here. Should have seen that coming when everyoen and their mother wanted to sell their UL amps, which as i've said several times since 2017, are completely worthless relative to their price. Remember pre-2016? Remember Eve basically bankrupting MA with that UL7 cycling 300k+/month and ripping out 125% markup output? lmfao. UL amps were great then, now they're mostly just a meme for reselling as you can use L amps for 1% input or less thanks to shrapnel and modified finders.

Guess MA's motive? One way to bring MU up is decrease the tt. L players won't be able the survive well in the transition.

Back then MU was higher across the board for all 3 major professions.

Guess MA's motive? One way to bring MU up is decrease the tt. L players won't be able the survive well in the transition.

Back then MU was higher across the board for all 3 major professions.

ROI on a UL7 amp is effectively nullified if you base it on ability to profit. Even at the rate i cycle you'd be looking at 12+ years of 10h/day mining to get your money back on that pile of shit.

I've said this before, UL amps lost their value the day ep4 was released. Granted it took some time, but MA went nail in the coffin with recycle bps. There's no edge to earn back the ped spent on those. You can cycle 10 million ped with a L lvl 5 amp and still not have spent enough markup to cover current UL7 prices.

It works the other way around - anything that the system is willing to let you have big multipliers in becomes TT food soon.

that's not true, the lower the MU gets the higher demand for it will be. I'm pretty sure rare ressources will never become tt-food even if you ath on it, simply because there's just too much demand for it.

I agree with Rocket, what's the point in going for high MU, when the gains from high MU get nullified/punished by bad tt-returns?

ROI on a UL7 amp is effectively nullified if you base it on ability to profit. Even at the rate i cycle you'd be looking at 12+ years of 10h/day mining to get your money back on that pile of shit.

I've said this before, UL amps lost their value the day ep4 was released. Granted it took some time, but MA went nail in the coffin with recycle bps. There's no edge to earn back the ped spent on those. You can cycle 10 million ped with a L lvl 5 amp and still not have spent enough markup to cover current UL7 prices.

I saved a lot of markup in the last few months. My ROI on the amp was close to 1.5 years. It adds up quickly since decay is higher on the amp vs. With a 5, your input is higher proportion probes.

Alt on rock is shit tt, one of the heavy mined spots. fyi.

10 mil peds of lv 5 at a cheap 103% is 300k peds.

Alt on rock is shit tt, one of the heavy mined spots. fyi.

10 mil peds of lv 5 at a cheap 103% is 300k peds.

no it's not...

L30 w/ lvl 5

shrapnel @ 100.5% and lvl 5 (L) gives you and effective cost of 405 ped per amp after markup input. 10m ped cycled at 405 ped per amp gives you 25,000 amps. 25,000 amps at 5 markup input per amp run = 125,000 ped. You would literally have to cycle 10 million ped to get anywhere near the SB of a UL7 amp back. they're completely dogshit and at least 50% overvalued. better off buying EIF deeds with spare ped and mining with (L)

in any event i've only managed to cycle 3.1m ped in the last 9 years and I mine a fuck ton. You're buying a UL amp just to lose ped not mining markup ores when mining markup ores was the edge of having a UL amp.

Why even amp? Use Dsec 30 and shrap only.

As i said. Smaller amp/cycle is best mu.
Larger amp/cycle is best ped/time

Why even amp? Use Dsec 30 and shrap only.

As i said. Smaller amp/cycle is best mu.
Larger amp/cycle is best ped/time

Also free shrapnel for all miners for all messi's customers.Free 1% ads long term.

Caly is currently resource capped and it definitely affects returns as there will be a point in most areas in which you get only lyst/oil, destroying any averaged positive runs or targeted loot runs.

I never run into this issue on Ark or RT., once you have those planets mapped its very easy to target markup and get exactly what you came for without lyst/oil messing it all up.

Can anyone confirm that this is how it works?

Back