how to get out of prison on Rocktropia?

humanwoman

Old Alpha
A friend of mine accidentally teleported into no-way-out prison, is there a way out of it?

Or does he have now do some missions to get out?

He says that all NPCs kill him when he tries to talk and the televator to the roof also kills him.

you can tp out of it if you got a tp II chip at least.

This is going purely from memory since I cant log in till this evening, but hopefully it will help.

1. When in prison hit T or die to get to the revival.
2. From the Revival jump down to the main floor of the Main Room.
3. Go through the doorway into another room which has two more doors. (one to the showers and one to the stairwell)
4. Go up the stairs to the 3rd floor. (you will die if you try to go into the shower room)
5. On the 3rd floor enter into the room and double back behind the wall and go up the next set of stairs.
6. At teh top of those stairs is a one way Teleporter which you can leave the prison from.

6152d1319589314-help-im-stuck-prison-prison.jpg

hope that helps,

narfi

Last edited:
Get the Soap (L) and make sure it has at least three drops (charges) left.

I keed, I keed! No idea how to help your friend, sorry. Good luck, tho!

If he follow narfi instructions it should help him. The tp is on forth floor if i remember right. he dont need to any missions, but he will have to communty sevice if he wants to do any missions later on.

erm... actually not solved... now he says Lt Funk kills him instead of giving a mission :scratch2:

erm... actually not solved... now he says Lt Funk kills him instead of giving a mission :scratch2:

Like i said earliar once his out he has to do communty service. Youg get the mission from the communty service officer in BAMF HQ he will tell you to kill 100 zombies, but only decomposing zombies will count. They will get a war bond blueprint once compleated mission.

He is on the run from the prison, so what do you expect?

There are consequences to taking this mission chain and bailing out instead of completing.

There are consequences to taking this mission chain and bailing out instead of completing.

The prison mission chain doesn't begin with teleporting into prison, to begin prison mission chain you start looking for some lockpick device if I remember right.

He is on the run from the prison, so what do you expect?

No one was taking any mission chains.

When you accidentally get killed in the huge area surrounding the prison - you get revived inside the prison, which wasn't your intention at all, and I do NOT expect you to have to kill 100 zombies to be allowed to continue game play from where you've dropped it.

I expect PP to have brains to understand that.. but considering who the PP is it's ofc too much to expect...

No one was taking any mission chains.

When you accidentally get killed in the huge area surrounding the prison - you get revived inside the prison, which wasn't your intention at all, and I do NOT expect you to have to kill 100 zombies to be allowed to continue game play from where you've dropped it.

I expect PP to have brains to understand that.. but considering who the PP is it's ofc too much to expect...

The nearist revival point is in the prision so if you die you will end up in the prision. The communty service mission is for everyone who enters the prision Gun runners, escape convicts or people just visiting the prision. Just stay clear of the prision and you wil be fine.

Like i said earliar once his out he has to do communty service. Youg get the mission from the communty service officer in BAMF HQ he will tell you to kill 100 zombies, but only decomposing zombies will count. They will get a war bond blueprint once compleated mission.

Having done the Prison Missions up to the start of Level 4, I was myself under the impression that Community Service was only for escaping Inmates. There is no mention otherwise in any of the RT mission threads, and I can't find any reports in the Rocktropia bugs that visitors need to do this in order to resume missions.

However, there was this cryptic announcement in a release note from October.
"-Kill Box removed from prison perimeter. Penalty for trespassing on prison grounds remains."

On the RT Forum, this has been interpreted as you now don't need a TP chip to run out, but anybody who trespasses (i.e. visitors), still have to do Community Service.

But I was in Prison in September, before the release note, and I'm pretty sure a Soc mate who visited me was able to do missions outside afterwards, so I think it is possible that the word 'remains' in the notes is misleading, and in fact the penalty was only first introduced in October.

Whatever, I do agree with Humanwoman that it is pretty stupid, and particularly stupid that it applies to the entire server area (if you hit T or die), and not just the Prison itself.

Btw, there is a thread from June 2011 saying that the bug where only decomposing zombies counted would be fixed in August.
http://www.neverdie.com/mission-bugs/7361-community-service.html

Correction:- I've now read the thread in April 2011 about this, so it was a problem then.

Last edited:
As I understand it, you can actually come to the prison on foot, enter the door and become a visitor, willingly.

When you are close enough to the prison on your way to it, you get a proper warning message.

But if you just cross the server border, for example swimming from the south and hit T, you get revived inside the prison w/o any warnings, forced to become a visitor and have to do a comm service.

Not a nice experience for a newcomer. What new player would know about it?

Last edited:
But if you just cross the server border, for example swimming from the south and hit T, you get revived inside the prison w/o any warnings, forced to become a visitor and have to do a comm service.

Not a nice experience for a newcomer.

The main problem, as I see it, is that unless you know of the community service mission, it's frustrating about getting killed when trying to get next step in police mission chain, just getting a message "You get hit by 174.9" doesn't really say anything.

When I arrived at prison, I also got a mission error box (the kind of box that says something in line with "Error -9 has occurred") before arriving in prison. It was first when I had found my way around and have walked to front desk I got the popup box with the "high level pvp" warning and information about visiting.

Having done the Prison Missions up to the start of Level 4, I was myself under the impression that Community Service was only for escaping Inmates. There is no mention otherwise in any of the RT mission threads, and I can't find any reports in the Rocktropia bugs that visitors need to do this in order to resume missions.

However, there was this cryptic announcement in a release note from October.
"-Kill Box removed from prison perimeter. Penalty for trespassing on prison grounds remains."

On the RT Forum, this has been interpreted as you now don't need a TP chip to run out, but anybody who trespasses (i.e. visitors), still have to do Community Service.

But I was in Prison in September, before the release note, and I'm pretty sure a Soc mate who visited me was able to do missions outside afterwards, so I think it is possible that the word 'remains' in the notes is misleading, and in fact the penalty was only first introduced in October.

This was the first thread about it. (Took me while to look in my past posts) 4-22-11

http://www.neverdie.com/bugs-bugs-bugs/6027-community-service-glitched.html

It was a while before we could complete the mission as the petty crime officer was bugged. I was the first to complete the mission after VU. My first discovery 'war bond bp'

Btw, there is a thread from June 2011 saying that the bug where only decomposing zombies counted was fixed.

What threadf did you find this in?

Community Service - Blueprint War Bond (L) with 5 tries

Kill 100 Zombies (note only Decomposing Zombies count) - Talk to Petty Crimes Officer - (136186, 93180, 102)

Taken from missions and Rewards by amber Knightly thats he keeps updated.

http://www.neverdie.com/missions/4923-rocktropia-missions-their-rewards.html

updated previous comment

get out of prison

check my post the solution is detailed there

If you get killed and regen in the prison, or ignore the warnings and continue on and go there, you are not considered an inmate. That happens with the lockpick mission chain. The teleport out for non-inmates is on the 4th floor technically, but you actually access it on the 3rd floor.
Once you reach the top of the stairs on third floor, go through the hallway straight into the exercise room (do not try to enter the "cell block" hallway to the right, those are apartments). It's the big empty room straight across from the stairs. After entering go around the left corner and there are some more steps up, that takes you to the "civilian" teleport.

Back