How to make a clickable thumbnail.

Lorkciee

Stalker
Society
Damage Inc.
Bo Lork Lorkciee
I'm sure there's one a few of there around already but hey, thought i'd make a fresh new one.

I want my screens on this forum as clickable thumbnails, or if not to big, just a pic i guess ^^.. but seeing as alot of people don't get how to make them i thought, wth, I'll just show you. So here it goes :D

First off you want to upload the pic. to entropiaforum.com's gallery, simple enough, but here it goes.

1. Click the link to gallery
2. Click upload

you will now reach the upload image section

1. Click to browse you computer for the pics you want to upload
2. Choose which category to upload your picture to
3. Submit the picture

(all other fields are optional at this points)

image upload part 2, here you can make any final changes to your pics and change the name

1. Process the upload (unless you want to change the name first)

your pics are now uploaded! :)

Now for the part that seems to be the biggest problem for people, posting your pics as clickable thumbnails.

The first thing you want to do (after you've uploaded the pic to the gallery) is to start a thread or post, which ever you are making. and then follow these simple steps.

1. Click "open" over at my pics to browse the pictures you have uploaded.

2. Click on the picture you want to show in you post. (it will appear at the bottom of what's in you post so far.)

3. Go back to writing you post, finish up and submit you post/thread (you might want to preview it to see that everything is in order)

And that's about it, now let's not upload any more links to wierd pages or pics that mess up the whole forum, Clickable thumbnails FTW!!

:yay:

//Lork

Last edited:
You really do learn something new everyday....
I can't believe I didn't know this, but I never noticed the existence of that open link to the right of the message box! Now I don't have to go search the gallery again just to find the clickable thumbnail link to my uploaded pictures :duh:

You really do learn something new everyday....
I can't believe I didn't know this, but I never noticed the existence of that open link to the right of the message box! Now I don't have to go search the gallery again just to find the clickable thumbnail link to my uploaded pictures :duh:

yay :) wasn't sure anyone was gonna find this useful, guess i actually helped someone with something on EF, horray for me :)

Thanks Lork - I never realised the My Pics button existed. I'm gonna try it with an old pic and see how I go...

This is a pic I took of myself deliberately trying to be as much of a n00b as possible, ages ago, and recently turned into a demotivational poster...

Thanks Lork - I never realised the My Pics button existed. I'm gonna try it with an old pic and see how I go...

This is a pic I took of myself deliberately trying to be as much of a n00b as possible, ages ago, and recently turned into a demotivational poster...

yay :)

i think it's safe to say that this How To thread was a succes
:cool:

thanks

this post helped me out very much - i hate it when i don't know how to do the easy things but i love it when ppl post threads to find out how!

+rep

Last edited:
thanks. helped my post my first hof. :) plus rep

lol haha wtf...

Yea I can do thumb pics, but I did it by copy/past the code you get when you look at the pic in album,, I had no clue about this easy to use feauture lol.

+rep for opening my eyes :laugh:

oh nice to have helped a few more ppl :)

keep learning ^^

and keep on posting screens

Good post mate. I had never seen the Open my pics link before either, but i now do have an addition for your tutorial ;)

When you click the Open link, you can select the target for the clickable thumbnail. By default it is (second dropdown): 'Clickable thumb (to gallery)' however, this messes up the viewing in the browser (or so i think ;)). Select: 'Clickable thumb (new window)' if you want to make my life a little better :silly2:

the one that says (to gallery) will open a new tab with the image in gallery

I uploaded two pictures in the gallery and there's still nothing in "my pics" how do I fix this?

Raynoldo, open up the pic that you uploaded and then you will see the links you need to copy.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Edit:

I always see the pics right after the upload, but if you look in my stuff then in myi mages you should see them alsol.

I uploaded two pictures in the gallery and there's still nothing in "my pics" how do I fix this?

when you open "my pics" it automaticly shows the "entropia universe related" section, you might have uploaded the pics into another section of the forum.

:) gl

I'm sure there's one a few of there around already but hey, thought i'd amek a fresh new one.

I want my screens on this forum as clickable thumbnails, or if not to big, just a pic i guess ^^.. but seeing as alot of people don't get how to make them i thought, wth, I'll just show you. So here it goes :D

First off you want to upload the pic. to entropiaforum.com's gallery, simple enough, but here it goes.

1. Click the link to gallery
2. Click upload

you will now reach the upload image section

1. Click to browse you computer for the pics you want to upload
2. Choose which category to upload your picture to
3. Submit the picture

(all other fields are optional at this points)

image upload part 2, here you can make any final changes to your pics and change the name

1. Process the upload (unless you want to change the name first)

your pics are now uploaded! :)

Now for the part that seems to be the biggest problem for people, posting your pics as clickable thumbnails.

The first thing you want to do (after you've uploaded the pic to the gallery) is to start a thread or post, which ever you are making. and then follow these simple steps.

1. Click "open" over at my pics to browse the pictures you have uploaded.

2. Click on the picture you want to show in you post. (it will appear at the bottom of what's in you post so far.)

3. Go back to writing you post, finish up and submit you post/thread (you might want to preview it to see that everything is in order)

And that's about it, now let's not upload any more links to wierd pages or pics that mess up the whole forum, Clickable thumbnails FTW!!

:yay:

//Lork

BUMP for a VERY nice tutorial that is always useful ..

How about making it Sticky , Mr.711? :wise:

Subscribing to post so that when I want to find this info, I can :laugh:

seen a few threads around in hof and other parts of the forums with LINKS to images ?!:eek:

i thought i told you how to do this ppl, so lets bring it up on top again

I asked to 711 to make this a sticky but nothing yet :D .. is a thread, i more more use as a link , cause many ppl put huge sized Pics in the forum :(

I think is time to PM this busy guy ;)

nice post ;) I have figured out how to do on my own but still :) I think it's helpful for many

oops I'm an idiot

Bump it up ,cause only today had to post the link for this thread 3 times :hammer:

I think whoever runs the forum.. 711 i think..

Should implement the height/width option for bbcode.

This would allow people to only need to upload 1 image, no need for thumbnails.

You merely set how big you want the image to display, and then people can click it for the full image.

Would be something like this.
Code:
[url = https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/3/5/2/5/1/myimage.jpg]
[img = width=443 height=235]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/3/5/2/5/1/myimage.jpg[/ img][/ url]
[i][size=1][br]Click to enlarge[/br][/size][/i]

That way we can define how big we want our thumbnail to be, plus it's less storage space used, since no more individual thumbnails.

BBCODE Image size forum hack
http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/4626

mabye it's time to throw this up again ^^

Very helpfull thread

Back