How to sell stuff in owned land

Gil

Young
Three questions. First, what is the average price of apartments? Second, where can I find them? Third, can I sell stuff in them?

Three questions. First, what is the average price of apartments? Second, where can I find them? Third, can I sell stuff in them?

check auction
in auction
yes

Three answers.

First, average price of apartments varies. It's usually somewhere between 250 ped -1.5k. Apartments with balconies sell for more. Apartments in good locations (such as Bilton Towers, which is near New Oxford, the first tp everyone gets go for more)

Where to find them - look in auction under estates section. Every deed has a map on it that gives the location. Apartments are on CND, and various locations around Calypso. Main places they are located - Treasure Island, New Oxford, Omegaton City, Sakura, Genesis.

Yes, you can sell stuff in them BUT ONLY if you get a shopkeeper to do so, or if you just do person to person sales and use the apartment as a display shelf to show off stuff to others when you are offline. Honestly, if you are after selling things, in my opinion, a booth or real shop might be better option. Shopkeepers decay .10 per sale so they actually end up costing you more and your customers more if you use them. Additionally, it's hard to get customers to go up to an apartment since most apartments are not on the main floor, but are up some floors, so customers have to take a televator to get to the place. Shops and booths in the basmements of apartments don't have that problem. Here's a neat little spreadsheet I made up a while ago. It may be a little off, but not far.

pricecheck1_211019.jpg

Also, check out this thread: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/estates/190924-pros-cons-various-estates.html#post2467589

Thanks
Thanks
Thanks

Next thing. Do I need a shopkeeper or can i just set a price like in second life?

In an apartment you need a shopkeeper and can set prices there.

If you purchase an actual shop instead of an apartment, you can display items for sale without a shopkeeper, and set prices.

another question for you, why a shop?

Because nobody bids on my stuff in the auctions, no matter how good the deal is. It's fine though. I'm still a newbie even if I've been playing two years.

As a shop owner, I just want to warn you that generally, items that you sell will get a lot more exposure at the auction, that at the shop.

If you have hard time selling something through auction, chances are, it will be even harder to sell it at the same price through shop or a shopkeeper at the apartment.

You really should only invest in any kind of retail property (like a shop or a shopkeeper) in order to

(i) Save on auction / listing fees. You pay 0.5 PED flat + 5% of markup to sell on auction, and only 2.5% or so of the mark-up through shops.

(ii) Pay the fee / sales tax when you sell the item, and not when you put it up for sale. When you sell through auction, you pay when you list, but when you sell through shop, you pay tax/fee only when you sell something. With a shop, you can avoid the loss in case the item doesn't sell at your original price.

(iii) Change prices at any time at no cost. You can't change the price of your auction item without re-listing (and paying the fee again). When you put something for sale at a shop, you can change the price as many times as you like at no cost.

But selling at a shop will NOT bring you more customers than selling at an auction!

But selling at a shop will NOT bring you more customers than selling at an auction!
really depends on the situation and what you are selling. Yes, re-listing stuff on auction over and over is a hassle, and so too is paying a monthly fee for a shop if you are not breaking even on that fee, but either option beats the heck out of standing at Twin for 10 hours a day trying to sell something, gaining zero skills for it other then the spam and annoyance skills.

(iii) Change prices at any time at no cost. You can't change the price of your auction item without re-listing (and paying the fee again). When you put something for sale at a shop, you can change the price as many times as you like at no cost.

There is also:

(iv) Have an item on sale for an unlimited time, without relisting and paying the fee again.

Thanks for all your help.

By the way, is poor better than Inept? Because I think I may have been neg repped for no reason other than asking a question.

Back