Help: How to start when bristlehog is bugged?

PanBartus

Mature
Bartek PanBartus Komendarczuk
Hey!
I want to catch some animals. I do not have skills, just bought ring for better % and Dominax Original Garter (L).
What a mob on the calypso will be ok to start with taming, when bristlehog is bugged? I think MA will not fix that too fast ;/
Any tips about taming will be useful and helpful!

Have a nice day!
PanBartus

i suppose you whip it until the 2 bars enter in the correct terrytory then activate taming attempt.
i used cornundacauda they allow the time to do the try
summoning a pet increase also animal tamer profession as it rewards skill point (too few compared to the nutrip bar it eats :))
being pet oversupplied these days also the Asclarias fell to 150..200 ped at level 19

i would start with taming some dozens of canins.....(coords 607/695 approx)they are north between the 2 islands of atlantis archipelago tp ....later dragons are also good..which are nearby the canin...

Check out the [Corinthian Kanin Pet] lvl.2 on Apophis Island. Not sure how well the Dominax Garter (L) is for them but the Dominax Moccasin (L) works perfect on them.

WP for the TP [Calypso, 61502, 68900, 106, Waypoint]
WP for the Bunnys ~ [Calypso, 60342, 69746, 106, Waypoint]

If you go more north from that WP you will find higher lvl. tamable creatures.

And yes, taming Bristlehog seems to be bugged.

You might consider heading to Monria and taming the leprechauns there. There is a mission for taming xx of them to get a plushie then a daily token taming mission. Might as well get something other than just the skills for your time.

You might consider heading to Monria and taming the leprechauns there. There is a mission for taming xx of them to get a plushie then a daily token taming mission. Might as well get something other than just the skills for your time.
Screw Monria. Head to Toulan if you are low level. TabTab now have a daily mission that give you daily skill gains. If I still had my viper whip and the goal to become a super high level tamer I'd be heading out there. Sadly sold it off not long ago (at a +600 ped gain vs initial price I paid. Probably should have gone for more but I'm not greedy ;) )

Hey!
I want to catch some animals. I do not have skills, just bought ring for better % and Dominax Original Garter (L).
What a mob on the calypso will be ok to start with taming, when bristlehog is bugged? I think MA will not fix that too fast ;/
Any tips about taming will be useful and helpful!

Have a nice day!
PanBartus

I think Cyrene's Arret is the best choice to start this profession. Mob is level 5 with 20 HP, which will quickly raise you to Boiga adjusted.

Maybe someone can confirm if the arret is working right again now? I believe there is a new area or something, maybe it is no longer in the wild but fenced in? It was a good choice for me years ago in the wild, with stats as deemer says.

Maybe someone can confirm if the arret is working right again now? I believe there is a new area or something, maybe it is no longer in the wild but fenced in? It was a good choice for me years ago in the wild, with stats as deemer says.
arret's on it's own little island near the depot. Easy to get to, but again - there is no daily mission for them like there are for tabtab so why chase arret when skill gains on tabtab will be higher, and when you are done with the tabtab you can go harvest the gigantic forest of trees for more skill gains that toulan put in at the beginning of the year...

Also, if you visit cyrene the puny tameables are now all together at a tp. Back in ancient days they were huddled in with the rest of the mob.

The little tameables on Ark are ok too if you just want something to tame... Demand for little pets isn't super high so you'll probably juice whatever you tame unless you are very patient and want to skill them up yourself.

Tabtab>Brown Papoo>Arret>Corin canin

Thats the best order right now for taming. And you CAN tame bristlehogs. you just don't get them and can attempt multiple times, getting lots of exp. It has been reported and I do not recommend getting your account banned because of bristlehogs though.

Bugged bristlehogs eh! In what way are they proving to be bugged?

Can't tame them, still get full exp. and can attempt multiple times without lowering their health again.

Ahh, that's a bugger ;)! Just to clarify, the taming weapon no longer does damage? Does it still decay - and what happens if you switch weap to kill one or if you turret a failed bristle? Do you also mean exp=skills? Normally there is also a skill cut-off if you don't damage a mob for a while... but yeah, bugged could mean anything can happen. Maybe they will be the mob dropping Halloween boxes outside Mayhem this year. That would be typical!!! :banghead:

Update: as I'm on Caly again I dropped by to chat with the bristles about how they feel in this universe. Turns out they indeed refuse to tame, so more attempts than usual can be made in a given time period. I guess that'd increase skilling speed a bit, so can be considered an exploit in that regard, but we also get no pets that we can juice for essences.
Please fix this MA, along with identifying how you can possibly break something like this in the first place!
My only small test has been today, 27.11.21. Ty

Update: as I'm on Caly again I dropped by to chat with the bristles about how they feel in this universe. Turns out they indeed refuse to tame, so more attempts than usual can be made in a given time period. I guess that'd increase skilling speed a bit, so can be considered an exploit in that regard, but we also get no pets that we can juice for essences.
Please fix this MA, along with identifying how you can possibly break something like this in the first place!
My only small test has been today, 27.11.21. Ty
Confirmed as of December 4th 2021 as well.

Yeah this was what I was explaining earlier, it is much more exp at the same time using less ped, but not getting back animal essense. So maybe you spent a little bit more, but for legit 3-4x faster xp. Might be worth putting in a new ticket.

Back