FYI: How To Survive 2

psyche

Old
Maiko pSyCHe Jin-Jay
Hey Mark! Good to see that you are continuing on this project and helping noobs survive. I just got back from a very long break. I think I will be able to play more regularly now. I'll see. If so, I might start up on my hunting log again. Been thinking about giving mining a try. Still undecided. Sad to see the iron missions are gone now. I was almost done with the Berycled 10k mission too :(
I'm continuing to grind on the Bery atm since I don't really know which mob I want to move on to haha. Also, my bankroll isn't too high. Since Berycled is a low level mob I'll just stick to it until I figure out which mob i want to move on to or switch to mining. Been on such a long break, i feel like it's a completely whole different game. So much to learn and catch up on.

M Rufen Power

Marauder
Society
How To Survive
Mark Rufen Power
My post is totally theoretical.
And I do believe you cannot compare loot between 2 players there will always be too many variables. Even you will find it hard to compare your own run next day :)

Well it's hard to explain what I was trying to say and my English is not good which even makes it harder :D
Why can you not compare the loot results from two people using the same setup (minus attachments) on the same mob with a similar turnover and number of kills, especially over several mobs? Remember loot is simple regardless of the many variables. I find that I am able to compare my hunting results overtime on the same mob without switching, results are usually very similar though I am unsure if that stands true now. When you hunt 16k mobs as I have over many quests using the old quest system without switching you really do discover looting patterns you ordinarily wouldn't notice. You should try it lol.

M Rufen Power

Marauder
Society
How To Survive
Mark Rufen Power
Hey Mark! Good to see that you are continuing on this project and helping noobs survive. I just got back from a very long break. I think I will be able to play more regularly now. I'll see. If so, I might start up on my hunting log again. Been thinking about giving mining a try. Still undecided. Sad to see the iron missions are gone now. I was almost done with the Berycled 10k mission too :(
I'm continuing to grind on the Bery atm since I don't really know which mob I want to move on too haha. Also, my bankroll isn't too high. Since Berycled is a low-level mob I'll just stick to it until I figure out which mob I want to move on too or switch to mining. Been on such a long break, I feel like it's a completely whole different game. So much to learn and catch up on.
OMG the original psyche is back!? Glad to see you returning lol. Yeah, iron quests are now gone, but I learnt a lot about loot patterns thanks to them from start to end without switching, the madness lol. Tbh the codex system isn't a bad replacement either. Quite decent. Try mining out, skills and finder now matter as well as location, mining is rotation based rather than time-based. Mining is now more of a thinking game than plain dropping, so beware it might take you by surprise. Not sure if current iron quest rewards are still valid but might be worth a look.

The advise I would give you now, would be hunt Exarosaurs non stop, as they always drop blazar frags which will be going up in price even from their current values, buy at low (stockpile it) and sell it when the price jumps up again. A Z12 with A101 is advisable though, as many players camp the only available spawn at North Swamp Camp. Using attachments can be beneficial, the dmg doesn't count but the cost to kill it means you loot it over high damage. Get your ped card to at least 1k peds or even 2k peds just from hunting Exarosaurs before moving to another mob as loot volatility, in my opinion, has increased from Loot 2.1.

psyche

Old
Maiko pSyCHe Jin-Jay
OMG the original psyche is back!? Glad to see you returning lol. Yeah, iron quests are now gone, but I learnt a lot about loot patterns thanks to them from start to end without switching, the madness lol. Tbh the codex system isn't a bad replacement either. Quite decent. Try mining out, skills and finder now matter as well as location, mining is rotation based rather than time-based. Mining is now more of a thinking game than plain dropping, so beware it might take you by surprise. Not sure if current iron quest rewards are still valid but might be worth a look.

The advise I would give you now, would be hunt Exarosaurs non stop, as they always drop blazar frags which will be going up in price even from their current values, buy at low (stockpile it) and sell it when the price jumps up again. A Z12 with A101 is advisable though, as many players camp the only available spawn at North Swamp Camp. Using attachments can be beneficial, the dmg doesn't count but the cost to kill it means you loot it over high damage. Get your ped card to at least 1k peds or even 2k peds just from hunting Exarosaurs before moving to another mob as loot volatility, in my opinion, has increased from Loot 2.1.
Sounds like a good advise. When you say z12 and a101 is that for the range and dps since there are a lot of people hunting there. That is for faster tagging and killing? has it got to a point of people fighting over exarosaurs? and a lot of kill stealing? If so, that sounds like a awful place to hunt haha.

M Rufen Power

Marauder
Society
How To Survive
Mark Rufen Power
Sounds like good advice. When you say z12 and a101 are that for the range and DPS since there are a lot of people hunting there. That is for faster tagging and killing? has it got to a point of people fighting over Exarosaurs? and a lot of kill stealing? If so, that sounds like an awful place to hunt haha.
You've grasped the situation quite adeptly, high is your perception skill! Lol. Yes, highest DPS at the furthest range possible. However, there are people who hunt them with weapons that can kill them in 2 hits, just try and be vigilant and avoid too many green dots. A small area but not impossible to find targets.

MikeH

Dominant
Society
AoC 2.0
Mike KingMike007 Hussey
I was reading the thread again to learn something new which can help me in surviving but i see some problem here.
No. 2 Use heal only when the mob has been hit for that decay to be recorded.
Are you sure ?
have you tested ?

M Rufen Power

Marauder
Society
How To Survive
Mark Rufen Power
I was reading the thread again to learn something new which can help me in surviving but i see some problem here.
Are you sure, have you tested?
Oh, I am glad my guide was helpful! :LOL:
What new thing did you learn, I am curious? Am I sure, yes, have I tested it recently, no?
You can test it out, aggro a mob, wait till it hits you, heal 10 times, then let the turret kill it.
If you receive loot with a value, it means that it records the decay once you are hit or it is hit.

MikeH

Dominant
Society
AoC 2.0
Mike KingMike007 Hussey
You can test it out, aggro a mob, wait till it hits you, heal 10 times, then let the turret kill it.
If you receive loot with a value, it means that it records the decay once you are hit or it is hit.
Seems it doesnt matter when you heal, decay is transferred to next mob you kill.

No. 2 Use heal only when the mob has been hit for that decay to be recorded.
So this point is not valid.

M Rufen Power

Marauder
Society
How To Survive
Mark Rufen Power
Seems it doesn't matter when you heal, decay is transferred to next mob you kill.
So this point is not valid.
Thanks for the video, I did have a look at it, however.
I didn't even see you heal yourself, was it already active?
Plus you didn't heal for ten heals but once? I'll test it out.
Was your heal item an adjusted regeneration chip?
Also what was it you learn from the guide?

MikeH

Dominant
Society
AoC 2.0
Mike KingMike007 Hussey
Thanks for the video, I did have a look at it, however.
I didn't even see you heal yourself, was it already active?
Plus you didn't heal for ten heals but once? I'll test it out.
Was your heal item an adjusted regeneration chip?
Also what was it you learn from the guide?
I healed just before equipping sweat tool . I used adjusted resto . Healing 10 times not really necessary as i was testing if healing before interacting with the mob get added to loot.

M Rufen Power

Marauder
Society
How To Survive
Mark Rufen Power
I healed just before equipping sweat tool . I used adjusted resto . Healing 10 times not really necessary as i was testing if healing before interacting with the mob get added to loot.
Yeah, I have just tested this and healing decay doesn't get returned like armor decay does, so this point will be corrected.

M Rufen Power

Marauder
Society
How To Survive
Mark Rufen Power
All post 2:1 hunting tips have been amended slightly due to healing not being returned back to the player.
I also noticed on my hunting log that the amount of defence decay even though less than 1% isn't returned.

Last edited:

Dai

Hatchling
Thanks for the write up, helping new players like me and my friends immensely! Following the weapon progression now and Exo tip!

M Rufen Power

Marauder
Society
How To Survive
Mark Rufen Power
Thanks for the write-up, helping new players like me and my friends immensely! Following the weapon progression now and Exo tip!
I love helping out new players, the Exa tip ain't going nowhere soon, so you can grind them nonstop.

Reactions: Dai

M Rufen Power

Marauder
Society
How To Survive
Mark Rufen Power
FYI Update:
I've noticed the drop rates for blazar have been decreased from Exa's.
It used to drop 3 frags per drop on a regular basis a few months ago.
Now the drop rate varies from 1-3 per drop, most times around 2 avg?
It is very disheartening to see this happening from the balancing team.
With the price fluctuating and drop rate reduced, not sure its worth it.

San

Elite
Society
OldTimers
Sandal San Tolk
FYI Update:
I've noticed the drop rates for blazar have been decreased from Exa's.
It used to drop 3 frags per drop on a regular basis a few months ago.
Now the drop rate varies from 1-3 per drop, most times around 2 avg?
It is very disheartening to see this happening from the balancing team.
With the price fluctuating and drop rate reduced, not sure its worth it.
Maybe the intense promotion and education here has something to do with it. Auction listings abound and lately it has been more difficult again to sell them for a good price. If the balancing team reacts to that, it is not to our detriment. It is not them, but the market and the self-defeating exposure of a niche which works against you. You want to help players, but damned if you do and damned if you don't ;)

Evey

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Eve Everglades
Maybe the intense promotion and education here has something to do with it. Auction listings abound and lately it has been more difficult again to sell them for a good price. If the balancing team reacts to that, it is not to our detriment. It is not them, but the market and the self-defeating exposure of a niche which works against you. You want to help players, but damned if you do and damned if you don't ;)
It's hard to balance this resource.
Before the last update it was only available to the low level hunting on small mobs but the required quantities are very large so there was a huge margin of profit for resellers since newbies couldn't hold on to them until they gathred a decent enough pile to auction it so prices were getting over 25 ped per k which means a high end weapon needed over 1500 PED worth of this resource which is nuts if u ask me. Every time I needed to tier something up, I ended up buying from resellers because I had no other option. In the last update they put Blazaar in more places that aren't easy accessible, but people that need a ton of it (my next pistol tier need ~50k Blazars) can farm it themselves.

Last edited:

M Rufen Power

Marauder
Society
How To Survive
Mark Rufen Power
Maybe the intense promotion and education here have something to do with it. Auction listings abound and lately, it has been more difficult again to sell them for a good price. If the balancing team reacts to that, it is not to our detriment. It is not them, but the market and the self-defeating exposure of a niche which works against you. You want to help players, but damned if you do and damned if you don't ;)
I highly doubt that my sharing profitable mob info would have such an effect on the drop rate when the item was already so scarce.

It's hard to balance this resource before the last update it was only available to the low-level hunting on small mobs but the required quantities are very large so there was a huge margin of profit for resellers since newbies couldn't hold on to them until they gathered a decent enough pile to auction it so prices were getting over 25 ped per/k which means a high-end weapon needed over 1500 PED worth of this resource which is nuts if u ask me. Every time I needed to tier something up, I ended up buying from resellers because I had no other option. In the last update, they put Blazar in more places that aren't easily accessible, but people that need a ton of it (my next pistol tier need ~50k Blazars) can farm it themselves.
So the dev team has added other avenues of blaz into the last update? What did they do to address this shortage? If you wouldn't mind sharing. Thx. I heard about a new daily quest at Ft Medusa that gives you a random reward which can be a daily token or blaz.

eyeshark

Old
Crimson Eyeshark Tide
So the dev team has added other avenues of blaz into the last update? What did they do to address this shortage? If you wouldn't mind sharing. Thx. I heard about a new daily quest at Ft Medusa that gives you a random reward which can be a daily token or blaz.
I heard the space wave mobs that were added drop a metric ton of blazers.

M Rufen Power

Marauder
Society
How To Survive
Mark Rufen Power
I heard the space wave mobs that were added drop a metric ton of blazers.
I was more referring to changes on the planet, but thanks for the tip on space. (y)

Evey

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Eve Everglades
You get from RDI Labs as documented here (link)

M Rufen Power

Marauder
Society
How To Survive
Mark Rufen Power
CreatureMaturityHealthDamageDangerDeficit
BerycledYoung7017Lv 3-300 PED
DaikibaYoung - Provider50-13021-28Lv 3-5-15 PED
ExarosaurYoung5015Lv 30.00 PED
ShinkibaYoung3014Lv 20.00 PED
What does mob deficit mean? It means there is an amount that you will lose on that mob before it pays out again. It is what determines the sine wave lows and the highs. Every mob has a deficit, so once you start losing peds and decide to stop, you've just decided to leave your peds behind for the next person. The best thing to do isn't to stop but to carry on until the reversal happens.

Let's say we pick Berycled, I hunt and grind it out, capture loot, sell for markup etc. Here are the stages...
Scenario
-050 Loss / +10 MU
-100 Loss / +10 MU
-100 Loss / +40 MU
-050 Loss / +20 MU
Total
-300 Loss (Cycled 3K) / + 80 MU

At this point, the mob cannot take any more peds from you and now reverses the sine wave once the deficit has been met.

+050 Gain / +05 MU
+150 Gain / +50 MU
+050 Gain / +30 MU
+050 Gain / +05 MU
Total
Break Even (Cycled 5-6K) / +90 MU

Total break down
Break-even / +170 PED MU.

So after cycling a lot of peds, got to a deficit of -300 peds, stayed there a while, then loot reversed.
I was able to break even whilst taking out a profit of 170 PED from the loots gained through markup.
There's a small chance to profit past the 100% TT threshold, but it won't last long before descending.
This is how I have been hunting profitably for the last couple of years, once you know the mob deficit.
In most cases, the mob deficit is related to the mob level (non-regen), so LV3 would be -300 threshold.

Last edited:

M Rufen Power

Marauder
Society
How To Survive
Mark Rufen Power
So after cycling a lot of peds, got to a deficit of -300 peds, stayed there a while, then loot reversed.
I was able to break even whilst taking out a profit of 170 PED from the loots gained through markup.
There's a small chance to profit past the 100% TT threshold, but it won't last long before descending.
This is how I have been hunting profitably for the last couple of years, once you know the mob deficit.
In most cases, the mob deficit is related to the mob level (non-regen), so LV3 would be -300 threshold.
So this is the main reason why I only hunt low-level mobs. Because to hunt an LV3 as efficiently as F'ing possible, you gotta have 3000 PED. It is not a MUST but it is ADVISEABLE. There are times you can get away with having 1K peds and repeatedly cycling this, which I have done a few times. But it sure is nerve-wracking when the PED card is showing you that you are nearly broke. It makes the game exciting as well as daunting. Hunting with less stress is always better for the peace of mind. If I had known about this deficit I would have realised how I lost so much peds hunting low-level mobs in the past whilst levelling up. I was always told it's part of the process and you will lose peds no matter what as you are skilling up. I knew this was just wrong, especially when you have already maxed out the weapon you are using lol. It's a lot easier to accept losses if you know the cause and how to turn it around.

Last edited:

eyeshark

Old
Crimson Eyeshark Tide
What does mob deficit mean? It means there is an amount that you will lose on that mob before it pays out again. It is what determines the sine wave lows and the highs. Every mob has a deficit, so once you start losing peds and decide to stop, you've just decided to leave your peds behind for the next person. The best thing to do isn't to stop but to carry on until the reversal happens.

Let's say we pick Berycled, I hunt and grind it out, capture loot, sell for markup etc. Here are the stages...
Scenario
-050 Loss / +10 MU
-100 Loss / +10 MU
-100 Loss / +40 MU
-050 Loss / +20 MU
Total
-300 Loss (Cycled 3K) / + 80 MU

At this point, the mob cannot take any more peds from you and now reverses the sine wave once the deficit has been met.

+050 Gain / +05 MU
+150 Gain / +50 MU
+050 Gain / +30 MU
+050 Gain / +05 MU
Total
Break Even (Cycled 5-6K) / +90 MU

Total break down
Break-even / +170 PED MU.

I presume these deficit numbers are what you have recorded during your time hunting? I can’t imagine this is super reliable as far as the numbers go. Essentially it boils down to “keep shooting and don’t stop until the global come?”

martinstids

Alpha
Latvieshu Krutaakais Purns
mob deficit strategy looks similar to casinos where you beleave that if slot taken 100 buy ins, hes filled and u have to keep pushing it to get most of it back. While in theory its impossible becouse slots are not programmed that way. The more u push mob, the higher chances to realize your normal tt return (~95% ish i guess ). I really dont beleave that strategy, it has no practical and theoretical proves, but maybe im wrong

M Rufen Power

Marauder
Society
How To Survive
Mark Rufen Power
I wanted to share something here from another post on the forum.
A Bad Run Doesn't Last Forever! He hunted Berycled, and at the start, the result was below 90%.
He cycled 11000 peds on a level 3 mob, and the TT returns eventually evened out to about 95%.
Eventually, Berycled stopped taking peds, and it started to spit it back out, this is a form of deficit.
In any case, hunting 1 mob repeatedly will eventually reveal whether or not it is sustainable, do it!
You gotta be willing to cycle a crap ton, so the more ped balance, the better it will be to find profit.

psyche

Old
Maiko pSyCHe Jin-Jay
Thanks for the shout out! This is a very different and unique game. Since it is RCE, we don't "level up" in this game like any other game. When you level up in your laser sniper/laser pistoleer, it doesn't mean you start hunting higher level mob to level up faster like in other MMO. Well unless you are rich in RL, then you can play this game like any other MMO. Like Mark said we hunt according to our ped card. If you have a 1000 to 3000 pedcard (I guess this means to play this game we all need to pay about $150 USD, which is about the cost of 1 year subscription for most major MMO out there) then hunt level 3 mobs. This way you can cycle your ped and build loot stack to sell on auction to reduce the auction fee. There is a base 0.5 ped fee so the bigger the stack the better. The annoying part is that some loot you have to sell in small stacks because of the low demands. I stacked up all my Bery loots and it took a while to sell all the short firn board and the basic stone extractors. People just don't buy those loots in large stacks. Sometimes you can't mitigate that base fee.

Personally to me combat in this game need improvement. It's the same with every mob. Every mob runs very fast so there's no kiting them. There's no player engagement in combat. You can only select the mob and hit the interact key and watch the mob die loot and repeat. I typically watch youtube vid or read pcf forums while hunting. There's really no incentive for me to change up mobs. I played some old school MMO that has this type of repetitive combat so I'm used to it. It's just a way for me to relax and blank out my mind after work. It would be nice if they made combat more engaging in this game. I can also imagine that even if I start hunting higher level mobs combat will still be the same. I would be selecting the high level mob hit interact watch it die and loot and repeat. Unless I build up my ped card via more deposit (which I plan to do whenever my baby start to go to school in a few years and I'll have more free time) or from getting a few freak hof on lvl 3 mob, I don't have any reason to hunt the big mobs.

Number of loot instances is the most important! Focus on how to kill more mobs for as cheap as possible for you. Hunting big mobs only decreases your number of loot instances. This is why I still focus on DPP as my top priority.

M Rufen Power

Marauder
Society
How To Survive
Mark Rufen Power
Thanks for the shout out! This is a very different and unique game. Since it is RCE, we don't "level up" in this game like any other game. When you level up in your laser sniper/laser pistoleer, it doesn't mean you start hunting higher level mob to level up faster like in other MMO. Well unless you are rich in RL, then you can play this game like any other MMO. As Mark said, we hunt according to our ped card. If you have 1000 to 3000 per card (I guess this means to play this game we all need to pay about USD 150, which is about the cost of a 1-year subscription for most major MMO out there), then hunt level 3 mobs. This way, you can cycle your ped and build loot stack to sell on auction to reduce the auction fee. There is a base 0.5 ped fee so the bigger the stack, the better. The annoying part is that some loot you have to sell in small stacks because of the low demands. I stacked up all my Bery loots, and it took a while to sell all the short firn board and the basic stone extractors. People don't buy those loots in large stacks. Sometimes you can't mitigate that base fee.

Personally, to me, combat in this game need improvement. It's the same with every mob. Every mob runs very fast, so there's no kiting them. There's no player engagement in combat. You can only select the mob and hit the interact key and watch the mob die loot and repeat. I typically watch youtube vid or read PCF forums while hunting. There's really no incentive for me to change up mobs. I played some old school MMO that has this type of repetitive combat, so I'm used to it. It's just a way for me to relax and blank out my mind after work. It would be nice if they made combat more engaging in this game. I can also imagine that even if I start hunting higher level, mobs combat will still be the same. I would be selecting the high-level mob hit interact watch it die and loot and repeat. Unless I build up my ped card via more deposit (which I plan to do whenever my baby start to go to school in a few years and I'll have more free time) or from getting a few freak hof on LVL 3 mob, I don't have any reason to hunt the big mobs.

The number of loot instances is the most important! Focus on how to kill more mobs for as cheap as possible for you. Hunting big mobs only decrease your number of loot instances. This is why I still focus on DPP as my top priority.
Yeah, no problem! Yeah, I totally agree with you there pal, Lv3 mobs you need a comfortable 3000 PED balance. Once I sell something once or twice on auction, I usually take note of the buyer's name, search them out on User Registry and add them and ask them if they would buy again outside of AH for the same price, it gives me that little bit extra ped to play around. Most times people say yes, but it's not always guaranteed, i.e. they won't keep buying 6 months down the line because they've moved unto other things. Now usually if something doesn't sell I don't bother listing it again on AH, sometimes I'll show it on-trade channel and see if there is any interest before TTing the stuff :(.

I think the combat system is lacking but isn't half bad; I try to make it engaging for myself. I like switching armours during my hunts, start with Adj Harrier then when health starts bleeping, switch to Musca Adj to allow for regen to heal me up. I like to walk backwards to the next mob, so the hunting is as seamless as possible, I try not to get ganged on, but if it happens, I try not to heal and see who wins lol. If I don't move backwards, then I will literally go in circles around the mob to try and avoid being hit or jumping left to right and rotating around. I find that hilarious because I know it does not work half the time lol. I may at times kill 10 mobs and leave them on the ground to later pick them up and hopefully wish for a HOF lol.

But yes the number of loot instances has to be large enough, I go with DPP first, then follow up with high EFF even if the EFF is counterproductive to the DPP of the setup. I have used high DPP; high eff and it has not let me down but can't share any results at this point, but hopefully, soon I can share something.

Last edited: