FYI: How to take better screenshots in Entropia

malasuerte

Stalker
Gustav Malasuerte Sagitta
Ok I have seen that everybody is posting their screenshots of this new VU but they leave all the icons, chat and radar in them. In some cases this is necesary to give coordinates and date and time but for the rest of you that only want to take cool pics follow this steps to remove those things.

1. Press Y, L and G (this will open the Action Library, The edit panel, and the Keyboard layout)

2. Select the System tab in the action library (marked in green on the image)

3. Drag the icons Dashboard and Desktop icons from the Action library to 2 of the keys in the Keyboard Layout that aren't assigned to any other action. (in this case I used the INS and HOME keys).

4. Press Y,L and G to close all the windows.

5. Now whenever you want to take a nice screenshot just tap INS and HOME to clear the screen, take the picture and tap INS and HOME again to bring back your radar and icons.

6. Also remember to hide the crosshair (Spacebar) and any PM, Map or any other windows you have opened.

That's It. I hope this was useful. Here is a picture to show the procedure in detail:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

And compare this 2 pics to see the diference

Last edited:
good information

Great tutorial, +REP!

:wtg:

I have made this guide sticky in the new dedicated Screenshots subforum of the EU Creative section.

Nice info, saves opening photoshop.

O'boy.. Glad I checked this thread..NOW I found the info I've been searching for since.. VU10?
Have been wondering and asking folks and searching for keys and icons for this task and not seen them.
God,I suck in searching..
HUGE thanks for this sticky. :bowdown:

Geez.. still can't belive I missed these... :duh:

Back