How would you feel ?

Then why start this thread at all? :) MA's just doing their job, following up about the problem and why it wasn't reported.

If you have nothing to hide, just be candid with them. This thread is really unnecessary.

What is done is done so chalk this up to a learning experience and move on, in my opinion.

Moving forward just report bugs and exploits when you encounter them.

I think they have a valid point to ask why you sat on the information for a month. I've had a very terse apathetic response from MA in a support case but if I couldn't move on from that I wouldn't have returned as an active player. Now knowing their reaction to my support case many years ago has made me realize there is no room for error on my part because there is no help on the other end of that support case chain. I had to take responsibility for my actions in regards to the issue and look at it from their point of view as well.

Ultimately, how do you feel about their response and can you move past it?

That is what matters no matter what support you try to drum up on the forums. You have to admit sitting on potential exploit information no matter what game it is really isn't the best idea. I've seen people go bonkers over exploits in games without RCE let alone one like EU with an RCE.

Then why start this thread at all? :) MA's just doing their job, following up about the problem and why it wasn't reported.

If you have nothing to hide, just be candid with them. This thread is really unnecessary.

Can you read?
I have already explained why I made this thread.

Mostly because I felt offended by this kind of reproach, which you repeat here with your suspicious allusions...

But let say MA is now very concerned about cheating ingame, and they take it seriously. (you need imagination)
Ok, sorry but this is very new to me, so give me some time to adapt..
And let see how many cheaters will really be punished..
Cause until now, I see cheat reporter being blamed but no cheaters being punished..
The only one being Danny, because it was made public here, so they had no other choice.

Anyway if you think that this thread is not necessary, why do you feed it ?..

You said:
"there's a lot of this story that's not clear from what the OP has said"

Tell me what parts exactly, we'll try to make it clear for everyone, even for you..

Just remember... As long as you did not "intend" to benefit from the exploit, you're all good! Just look a the Yog pet as an example. :ROFLMAO:

Yog Pet Buff Issue

...considering that it is not possible to definitively conclude that use of the pet was in every case intended to exploit the buff to gain an advantage, MindArk has decided it would be unfair and impractical to punish participants who directly or indirectly benefited from the unintended buff...

Originally Posted Here

On a more serious note, you did wait quite awhile to report the issue for what ever reason. It also could very well be a lost in translation conversation where the individual on the other end of the support ticket did not realise the way it came off. The fact they decided to bring out the ToU is quite interesting. That coupled with their response...hopefully this means that they are going to take these types of things more serious moving forward. (Although, we are STILL waiting on their Yog pet resolution what 2 months later?)

I feel like OP has probably blown this well out of proportion and the thread should be locked.

In answer to your question, I would be a bit defensive at first and then understand that it is a valid question to ask, you may be able to offer them insight as to why a player might sit on this information, and then I would feel pretty stupid for not reporting immediately unless there was a good reason for not getting in touch sooner.

I’ve just re read it and they were perfectly polite and the wording of “may we ask you” is a very gentile way of putting it.

Also how come you are choosing not to show us the copy & pastes of what you said. Are you choosing to re word them in an attempt to come off as a victim here?

I’ll Agree that MA are far from perfect but this whole thread reeks of over sensitivity.

Also how come you are choosing not to show us the copy & pastes of what you said. Are you choosing to re word them in an attempt to come off as a victim here?

Am I going to be suspected of everything here ?
I'll soon be accused of responsibility for global warming... ;)

At least this thread is very interesting concerning anthropology or behavior analysis...

I feel like OP has probably blown this well out of proportion and the thread should be locked.

In answer to your question, I would be a bit defensive at first and then understand that it is a valid question to ask, you may be able to offer them insight as to why a player might sit on this information, and then I would feel pretty stupid for not reporting immediately unless there was a good reason for not getting in touch sooner.

Thread should be locked ?
You mean like in a dictatorship ?

Blown it out of proportion ?
Where ?

I have described a fact, pure and simple, then I describe my feeling.

Again, you miss the context.

If MA was known to be fast and reactive themselves, and especially to actively fight against cheaters, I could understand their reproach.

As said above, we're still waiting for the result of the Yog "investigation", and moreover we already know that none of the cheaters will be punished... (y)

That's what makes it hard for me to accept their reproach that I was too slow.

I wanted to tell my feeling here, it's done.
Now, people say what they think about it.
That's what it's made for.
And I reply.

If you don't care, let this thread fade away.

Welcome to upside down world..
Hi Cirrus, you are bound to also get residents of upside down world amongst the players, as that is apparently what they identify with and agree with. I thank you for providing these examples of support answers by xxx. They do not surprise me. Sometimes there are cultural differences between what is an acceptable response and what isn't. Sometimes, though, it's the individuals, not the cultures, that are somewhat upside down. GL!

H Cirrus

Myself and friends have found and reported bugs in the past, one of whichj made possible to carry around storage as you mined... long story.

MA do act, give them time as in past they can be slow (black and white cough.... mining... cough).

As for asking about time before you reported, I wouldn't take it to much to heart.

It does seem an odd question but I guess they have to ask, and if as you said you not abused the bug/exploit will be fine in my personal experience. I think they also asked me how long had known about the storage thing, I told them truth 3 days, 1st day happened, following 2 days were replicating and finding how could be triggered. Bug was fixed within 5 days if i recall correctly.

Just take pride in that you reported it, many things went on for longer without reporting as greed won the day.

+rep my man (virtually as isn't here any more) :)

Thread should be locked ?
You mean like in a dictatorship ?

Blown it out of proportion ?
Where ?

As someone mentioned it seams that the question they asked was in a polite manner.

I’ve just re read it and they were perfectly polite and the wording of “may we ask you” is a very gentile way of putting it.

I wanted to tell my feeling here, it's done.
Now, people say what they think about it.
That's what it's made for.
And I reply.

If you don't care, let this thread fade away.

I care and, as I and others already mentioned, best way to have it fixed is to first report it and if MA does not react make it public knowledge so everyone knows it and MA is forced to fix it.

I bet the community will say thank you and many many support cases will be sent so your ultimate target is reached.

Maybe a explanation for the reaction of some is that at least in my country there is a saying which may triggered their responses which offended you obviously.

If you stand on a dogs tail he barks.

I hope it does not lose the meaning in the translation.

Quite honestly, I wish you posted what exploit was reported.

My concern is Halloween Mayhem coming soon and hope it can't muck it up if not fixed in time or if it can add unfair advantage in any way.

Simple thing to do with exploits/bugs, create a support case straight away with what it is and how you found out and whether you tested it or not to confirm.
In that support case, advise you are also opening a thread titled xxxxxx on PCF with the exact bug/exploit for all to know.

They will then get onto it pretty damn quickly.
The longer you wait to expose it to everyone, the longer people get away with using it.
If that had been done with the Yog bug, it wouldn't have been around for two years.

The initial bug that allowed all tools and weapons to benefit from the reduced delay buff (rather than just excavators, as intended) arose in September 2018, approximately 6 months after the Yog pet was introduced. Subsequently over the next few months, several support cases were submitted describing the issue with varying degrees of detail.

Unfortunately, these support cases were not escalated to the testing and development teams

Some cannot/will not read. MA have no excuse of saying ''why didnt you report it sooner''. OMFG........

Quite honestly, I wish you posted what exploit was reported.

My concern is Halloween Mayhem coming soon and hope it can't muck it up if not fixed in time or if it can add unfair advantage in any way.

To clarify, this is not an exploit that can really give a big advantage over other players, especially for events.
I would classify this well below the Yog exploit. (from a player point of view)

Anyway they said they'll investigate.. :coffee:

To clarify, this is not an exploit that can really give a big advantage over other players, especially for events.
I would classify this well below the Yog exploit. (from a player point of view)

Anyway they said they'll investigate.. :coffee:

Awesome..Thank you for reply.

(y)

At least we know since the various exploit debacles over the last few months that support aren't any longer giving the standard 'Thanks for reporting' reply, closing the case and doing nothing about it.

That is progress.

If you use the word exploit in a support case now, it will treated seriously and I suspect dealt with swiftly (as it always should have been)

You are under no obligation to report what one person has reported to you.

At the time you test , view or experience this exploit , you are then obligated to follow the rules as agreed.

When you agree to the TOU , you do agree to not publicly smear Mindark or its subsidiaries , which I am not suggesting you have done.

Technically you also agree to not use any content to threaten, harass, cause greif or distress to any of Mindark's employees. Every blasted support ticket could be considered something causing a Mindark grief. :)

ill tell you why he didnt.. because regardless of what we think NOONE likes a rat! plain n simple!

I didn't read all the replies and I'm sure they have lots of great points and can agree to a lot of different views on this.

My initial thought though is : why did I wait? I don't know... it's a dang game... maybe I have other real life stuff to do. Maybe I don't feel like taking the time to write a support case. I can TOTALLY understand their thinking behind asking that question, but I don't think it's appropriate to say so in the initial reply to the support case. How about "thank you."

I personally can say I created a support case to report something to MA that I can easily claim to be more than anyone has ever done for them. I would have been mad if they responded with questioning my timeline, etc.

Hi Cirrus,
I respect and like your honesty.
Just don't bother about how negative these guys replied you.
As you should know, this forum do not like negative discussion.
When they see one negative message, they will become negative.

It's common in all games, that gamers have the responsibility to report bugs.
And if you are part of the investigation (as you reported them), don't expect any special treatment.
It's an on-going investigation, serious with straight-forward. Q&A.

Please don't blame how MA replied you.
Hope you understand my short and simple reply.
Cheers!

They should not ask why someone did not report something sooner unless they suspect/know you exploited yourself (more than testing), it sounds accusatory. It puts burden on the person reporting the exploit to explain themselves.

Instead, maybe just say "We very much appreciate you reporting this. In the future, if you can, please report exploits as soon as you know about them."

It's not surprising to me that you're getting offended by a 100% legitimate question.

They should not ask why someone did not report something sooner unless they suspect/know you exploited yourself (more than testing), it sounds accusatory. It puts burden on the person reporting the exploit to explain themselves.

Instead, maybe just say "We very much appreciate you reporting this. In the future, if you can, please report exploits as soon as you know about them."

I think YOUR society should stay silent about exploits bots and alts thank you

Expressing a lack of surprise is likely to be a thinly veiled insult quite a lot of the time, unless it's a sentence such as: I'm not surprised she won, as she's the better player. It can still be 100% legit nevertheless - I often express lack of surprise myself just to note my position on something.
How someone feels about something depends quite a lot on how much they care in the first place. The OP got replies that to him worsened the relationship between himself and the 'product'. He wanted to know how others felt. I guess he now has answers that go both ways on that...

Next time just don't report it, let others exploit it, let others report it, mind your own business, play your game.
There are still a couple that are here from the start, we've seen A LOT of bugs/exploits that got reported and never got fixed, some players who used them without even knowing it was a bug/exploit were locked while others intentionnally using them were as free as chickens outside KFC, and is still the case.

I don't understand people saying "they are learning", Mindark is more than 20 years old, and even if we all learn our whole life, Mindark should have already learnt that 15 years ago and be capable of handing such events, these are basics in the gaming industry.
Worst enemies for a game company are lags and bugs.
in every decent MMOs, servers stability, lags are fixed in a very short time as it is killing the game. (sometimes I lag so much, rolling back so hard that I end up back to march, days of future past)
Bugs/exploits not handled/fixed are giving a negative view of the game and the devs.

Now that you reported it, YOU SHOULD be rewarded, just like the people who publicly named someone for "exploiting" a heal chip, the case got insta fixed, the "exploiters" got banned and the reporters got rewarded. Now, go get your 2K universal ammo compensation, congratulations.

From Paris with love,

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-not-to-punish-exploiters.272782/post-3710684

Your post about a Yog thread.

Your comment:

It seems to me that what is said in this ToU, is that possible exploits must be immediately reported when they are discovered, and in no case exploited.

So the problem is that MA does not enforce its own rules.

You know what should you do and when should you do it, still decided to not report it. You acted against ToU, so by your comment, the problem is MA not punished you, yet you are here and crying loud only because a simple question was asked.

Stop this crying and playing the victim role, we dont buy it as You can see.

Somebody told you a possible exploit, and instead of reporting it immediately, you let it being used for 1 more month, You are not far from the Yog exploiters.

The problem with this bug/exploits reports is that everyone wants or expects something in return for doing that, not just to be solved.

Back