Humor Me - Tech Help

nomdeplume

Hatchling
Hi.

I'm completely new to the whole world of internet gaming and honestly, I don't know where to begin. I have a laptop and vista which seem both to be a problem the more I read. My laptop is brand new and isn't half bad though perhaps not suited to gaming, I didn't have it in mind when I bought it. My main 'system requirement' problem at the moment seems to be the acquisition of the latest ATI driver, when I go to the website there seem to be endless driver options and as I said, totally new to this! When I log in to create an avatar and click a few options everything goes ... shaky?

So ... any help would be appreciated!

Asha.

Ok in the program Entropia.exe right click it and search the option in properties..

run in compatibility with windows xp

And right click your desktop search for your video card

Hope it helps

Notebooks are a pain for gaming... as you already figured out.

Vista is a pain for everything... as youre already figuring it out.

As I remember corectly.. ati wants to have .net framework installed, before you can install their drivers. Dunno how is with Vista regarding this. But as you already have some working ati drivers running, seems you can skip worries about .net framework.

Also, make sure you uninstall your current ati drivers before attempting to install new ones. Reboot will be reqired after you uninstall them. Dunno how is with Vista regarding this..lol

Good luck,
Robo:smoke:

Thankyou for your replies.

Athal, changed compat to XP

Robotek, by 'latest ATI driver' I was quoting the site on system requirements, as far as I know I don't have any driver. Apologies for unclear-ness.

Imortal, I am using 'Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family' though being gaming illiterate I have no idea what that means.

I'm running EU fine on a Toshiba with Vista, and have changed no options. You should be fine, just use windowed mode.

any pc working on an intel chipset is going to have issues ... not vista related, fyi ... game off your gfx card (ati / nvidia), not your motherboard (in this case, intel)

basically, hardware issue that may or may not be able to be solved via a software solution ... app called 3danalyze is all that comes to mind :)

It is now doing the whole 3 hr loading process again, though I have no red crosses in my Client Status, only a yellow one regarding my graphics card so fingers crossed. I will let you know how its going in 02:33:51 !

Hi, as you already figured out, you dont have Ati gfx at all... Its intel you got. Download the newest driver, pick up the right one for you Vista version: link. And here is some more info about your graphics: link

Also, pick up your notebook manual, and find "bios settings", in bios you can usually set the appropriate amount of RAM to be used by graphic chipset. For gaming Its good to set up as much ram as possible ofc.

Cheers,
Robo

Sigh. No change.

I have about 3GB of RAM but perhaps I'm not accessing it all as it was installed after purchase?

I tried downloading 3 different versions of the intel driver but all said something along the lines of 'not supported by tour system, cannot install'. I think I'll sleep on it and try again tomorrow. Thank you all so much for your help, I'm sure the answer is in here somewhere.

:laugh::laugh:Mwahahaha I humor you!:laugh::laugh:

On a more serious not, I shouldnt post here as I suck even more with tech stuff you do probably...

*just trying to make you feel better*

That means that you dont have a shader video card so..

You need an emulator

http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/tools/3d_analyze/archive/

I use v 2.26

with the following settings:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

This will fix your problem, as when I am at work and play on a laptop with the same graphic's chipset I have to use v 2.26 with those setting to get the game to work at all.

Once you download 2.26 use the open button to select the entropia.exe from the mindark folder. You will not be able to read what your typing when you go to put your user name or pw in, but you will be able to get in game (even though all avatars and mobs will be grey)

Hope this helps

SpikE

+rep to all of you helpfull tech help wannabees. Seriously its great that a player comes on here with any issue and gets good advice on how to fix it.

I don't respond to tech questions in open forum it can become tedious with all the posts. If you would like this issue resolved just pm me and we can get it done asap, it is really not as complicated as you think. Before anyone responds to this post make sure you have over 24yrs experience in Information Technology and have all current qualifications.

Before anyone responds to this post make sure you have over 24yrs experience in Information Technology and have all current qualifications.

yes, because somebody w/less experience and qualifications can never find a solution :rolleyes: toot your own horn much? :rolleyes::rolleyes: +rep for offering to help, at least ;P

Last edited:
yes, because somebody w/less experience and qualifications can never find a solution :rolleyes: toot your own horn much? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:funny.... i hope it gets sorted for you. i only have 18 yrs exp. so unfortuneatly i probably carnt help :laugh::laugh::laugh:

That means that you dont have a shader video card so..

You need an emulator

http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/tools/3d_analyze/archive/

I use v 2.26

with the following settings:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Holy crap, it works!!! I've been looking for something like this for months, only problem i have is i can't see the people now though, do you know which setting i could adjust to make that work, Thanks much!!!

Holy crap, it works!!!

Kid speaks The Truth!

I am creating my avatar as we speak, or as I type, though not quite, or some such situation. In any case I have a skin coloured, steady, rotating figure!

:woot: :bowdown: :thumbup:

Totally ready to rock this shit!

Back