Question: HUNTERS attention! Which group are you in?

Which group do you fall into?

• Grinder

Votes: 175 64.1%
  • Place switcher

Votes: 59 21.6%
  • Mob switcher

Votes: 72 26.4%
  • Profession switcher

Votes: 53 19.4%
  • Quitter

Votes: 33 12.1%
  • Undecisive

Votes: 68 24.9%
  • Just plain simple

Votes: 46 16.8%

• Total voters

Rednexi

Stalker
Society
NBK Elite Squadron
Redneksi Rednexi Babek
Not sure, could be asked before, but lets ask again to be sure...

Simple enough question, when hunting, and loot gets sticky,which of the next groups do you see your self in:

Grinder = You bite the bullet, and hope for the best, and hof / globals to even it out, and accept the risk of a potetial kick to teh nuts...

Place switcher = You wait a few minutes, and if a mini or decent loot doesnt come, you switch place to a diffrent server maybe, but you will try to catch the same mob in a different spawn location...

Mob switcher= You wait a few minutes, and if a mini or decent loot doesnt come, you switch to a different mob, even it should happen to be near the mob you was hunting originally...so you dont think that loot is affected by location...

Profession switcher= You wait a few minutes, and if a mini or decent loot doesnt come, you switch to a different profession, maybe mining or crafting...

Quitter= You wait a few minutes, and if a mini or decent loot doesnt come, you log off, to get back at it later...

Undecisive= You wait a few minutes, and if a mini or decent loot doesnt come, you do whatever the hell you feel like at that moment, but you do not follow any set code...

Just plain simple= You dont understand this poll, or what made the OP to post it anyways, but you feel comfortable taking 1 EFD from voting in this poll anyways...:laugh:

Me myself i fall in to the category = Grinder, and i sometimes suffer from it, but i feel like that if i change place or mob, it would not get better anyways, so i am just naturally pessimistic, and maybe even a bit lazy-ass...

And i suck at mining so thats not an option too, and i lack the funds to craft properly, so i am doomed to be a grinder. :silly2:

So lets see how EU hunters are divided in this matter!

Vote now! :tiphat:

I voted for the first 3 options. Depends on what I am hunting and what my objective is at the moment. Also depends if i am solo or teamed.

Actually now that I have switched to hunting full time, I fall into all 3. Typically make a run on troxies south of Ithica with 30k ammo, if I lose on that run then will switch locations and try another 30k ammo. If that is a losing run, then 1 more try with different mob. If I havent at least broken even after 90k, I craft some beer, drink it and cry :)

I'm a grinder but i wish i was a quitter instead ^^ should tell you kinda accurate how well i grind lol.

I voted for Undecisive, EU is dynamic, i choose to be too!

1,3,4,5 all dynamically decided :p
i dont understand why option 2 has never occurred to me...

If I havent at least broken even after 90k, I craft some beer, drink it and cry :)

Hehehe i should added this option, "quitter, who slips into a alcoholic coma afterwards", i too have falled into this category a few times so i know how you feel...:laugh:

And afterwards, horrible realisation, i have bought clothes, again... noooo!
hopefully for the right gender...:silly2:

I suppose I'm a grinder. Once I take a decision, I stick to it and I'm ready to face every possible consequence. My PED Card doesn't always agree with me but if I decide to keep hunting... well, the die is cast.

Im some sort of Grinder.

I decide when I buy ammo what MOB would be fun to hunt today, then I go for a full run on it, no mather what the returns are, then when the run is over, I buy more ammo and make another decition on what to kill.

Oh, and sometimes I get a PM that says "you gotta try to kill dasp" and I get myslef a healer and go for it :D

Well, I don't know any way of determining how loot is after a few minutes. I average about a global an hour or so, so I need to hunt for a few hours to know how loot is.

If I get a sustained period of bad loot somewhere I'll stop hunting there for a while. Although every now and then, I just carry on and try to plough on through the bad spell :D

Hi,

I really love "just plain simple" methods, so I voted accordingly ;-)))

Usually this means using good old style, heavy metallic, sharp edged items on top of a wooden handle, aimed at the top most extremities of a given adversary, accelerated with all power available, attended by as ferocious roaring as possible. Works, believe me. If you can read this you haven't been treated in such a way before ;-)))

And I do what whatever suits me in a situation like the mentioned, no clear plan.

Have fun!

I was a place/mob switcher in the past, but this tactic doesn't work anymore for me for the last months. If it's a "good cycle" - it's good everywhere and on any mob. If not - it's pointless to jump around Calypso for the same shitty loot.

So I'm definitely a Grinder now.

I was a place/mob switcher in the past, but this tactic doesn't work anymore for me for the last months. If it's a "good cycle" - it's good everywhere and on any mob. If not - it's pointless to jump around Calypso for the same shitty loot.

So I'm definitely a Grinder now.

yeah, altough i have never been a "switcher", thats how i always have imagined it to work...

Grinder seems to make a majority group at the moment...lets see how this evolves... :dunno:

I'm going with Just Plain Simple, because none of the other options are an indicator of my methodology.

All of the above, depending on day and mood.

Usually a combination of place/mob-switcher though.

Meaning, I usually make sure to switch both, both go for another mob, _and_ at a completely different location.

My reaction to bad loot is dynamic :

Grinder = You bite the bullet, and hope for the best, and hof / globals to even it out, and accept the risk of a potetial kick to teh nuts...
Sometimes.

Place switcher = You wait a few minutes, and if a mini or decent loot doesnt come, you switch place to a diffrent server maybe, but you will try to catch the same mob in a different spawn location...
Sometimes.

Mob switcher= You wait a few minutes, and if a mini or decent loot doesnt come, you switch to a different mob, even it should happen to be near the mob you was hunting originally...so you dont think that loot is affected by location...
Sometimes.

Also Palce & Mob switcher :D

Profession switcher= You wait a few minutes, and if a mini or decent loot doesnt come, you switch to a different profession, maybe mining or crafting...
No, me only hunter. :ahh:

Quitter= You wait a few minutes, and if a mini or decent loot doesnt come, you log off, to get back at it later...
Sometimes.

Undecisive= You wait a few minutes, and if a mini or decent loot doesnt come, you do whatever the hell you feel like at that moment, but you do not follow any set code...
Sometimes I hesitate, sometime I swith to next place/mob combo if I have a list i mind.

Just plain simple= You dont understand this poll, or what made the OP to post it anyways, but you feel comfortable taking 1 EFD from voting in this poll anyways...:laugh:
No comment.

Last edited:
I swunt low level mobs with Opalo and M2100 and M1A and use the tt knife too occasionally.

I swunt in the same area day after day and have never even globaled but I usually make a small profit (majority of the time) and gain some skills.

So I guess I am a grinder...?

Dex :cool:

Thats me :D

Obviously without the kick in the nuts bit ;)

Actually now that I have switched to hunting full time, I fall into all 3. Typically make a run on troxies south of Ithica with 30k ammo, if I lose on that run then will switch locations and try another 30k ammo. If that is a losing run, then 1 more try with different mob. If I havent at least broken even after 90k, I craft some beer, drink it and cry :)

Good job you're a crafter and not a sweater...

I'm a firm believer in avatar based loot, like bio-rythums, but instead of a sine-wave, it's a tangent function, where ultimate loot is never achieved and crap loot is almost always the order of the day :xwink: Changing profession switches up alot of ped input/out factors, and is I feel, the most likely to actually have any effect.

I have fallen in to a pattern of buying 150 peds of ammo, picking a mob and place, and staying until the ammo is gone.
Sometimes it works well, sometimes not. On the 16th I got 5 trox globals during my hunt, last night same gun, same mob, different location, no globals, but I used all the ammo trying.

When I go hunting I decide how much ammo I will take with me and which mob I will go for and stick to it until the ammo runs out (or I have to leave). I have noticed that sometimes I get really bad loot in the beginning but something comes along to even it out later. Changing location does not seem to make any difference.

EU is dynamic and I approach EU in a dynamic way.

Depending on what I see happening with my avatar and gut instinct usually depend on what I do. So I can't say I stick to doing the same thing over and over again and expect different results.

To me EU is about testing the waters and finding the right spot to dive in, sometimes its good, sometimes bad, and sometimes right in the middle. I do try to adjust my playing style to be in the middle or good as much as possible though.

EU is dynamic and I approach EU in a dynamic way.

Depending on what I see happening with my avatar and gut instinct usually depend on what I do. So I can't say I stick to doing the same thing over and over again and expect different results.

To me EU is about testing the waters and finding the right spot to dive in, sometimes its good, sometimes bad, and sometimes right in the middle. I do try to adjust my playing style to be in the middle or good as much as possible though.

Yes. But you obviously have more patience & perseverance than me, I personally find it too much of an hassle to change the armor set and plates and such adjustments necessary to different playing...Which again comes to my original point of being a bit of an lazy-ass...:laugh:

But nice to see all different styles of hunting according to yielded results...

Still grinders seem to have the majority... keep on voting :tiphat:

Another Indecisive Grinder

I seem to fall into the majority category of indecisive grinders.

I stick with my planned hunts until they are done, no matter how bad. If loot has been good I'll include 'overtime' (looted ammo) to extend the hunt.

I rotate my basic hunts on an irregular basis, but if one is really going well I'll just repeat it until I need a change or the streak ends.

:beerchug:

Miles

I only hunt 6 different mobs. I do 300 ped runs on one mob, if i profit or break even i stay on that mob otherwise i switch. When hunting was real bad I used to mine between the runs and got pretty good returns, i can´t do that anymore, mining nowdays sux for me.

I'm definitely a grinder, since I stick the same area (well, I cycle between three) until there's no ammo left. I'd like a global or something to make up for all my losses, but it hasn't happened yet. Someday, though :)

I do not know what type I am. I switch mobs often because I am bored with it, not because of the bad loot. Every time I go hunting, I consume at least 500 peds ammo ( not include gun+amp decay). I think I might fall into the grinder category.

I voted grinder. I do switch to mining as I`m about 65% miner 35% hunter time wise. But I get my set amount of ammo and usually commit to a hunt until I run out. Then if hunting is not going well for me I`ll go back to mining until I`m comfortable enough to hunt again. I also tend to grind through mining runs too. Just like mob loot mining can turn profitable in one claim. NRF, no loot it`s all the same. It`s where it is condensed that counts.

I am also an indecisive grinder.

I generally don't pay much attention to loot and my returns seem to be about the same most times.

Sometimes I have a really bad run but then I don't notice till it's over. I might then screw around for awhile dropping a few bombs/probes or click some basic components.

Eventually I get lucky or an auction sells and I go back to killing like the bad run never happened.

Sometimes I get a good run and then I notice immediately... but it's usually followed by a bad run that puts me back in my place. So it's like the good run never happened. :D

Yeah, we actually got a winner here, and it seems to be "Grinder", mob switchers seem to be a good second, and indecisives third...

I seem to belong in a majority :silly2:

well could be too early to say, with 200 or more votes...

Thanks to voters so far!

Back