Lemony Snicket's Unfortunate Tale - Hunting with Longtime

(Edit)

Last edited:
Thought I would kick this back up with more limited information and content. I may discontinue again in the future. Depends on people's comments and reactions in the thread.

January 2022
+4592.52 (95.21%TT)
34H, 2103G

Ugly month propped up by my ability (e.g luck) to fetch good markup. A 4k and 2k hof, but nothing of any significance for ped lost. Loot was as flat as Ally Mcbeals chest. Will be a bit less turnover coming in February due to changing sleep patterns. But retirement IRL feels good. Should have done it sooner.

Some things I was able to assess this month, some details I will share and some I will not:

* The base crit is not 2% - it is somewhere between 1 and 1.4% (likely 1-1.2%). It is not consistent after hundreds of thousands of data points.
* I figured out what looter levels actually does through the data points and comparisons.

Last edited:
Thought I would kick this back up with more limited information and content. I may discontinue again in the future. Depends on people's comments and reactions in the thread.

January 2022
+4592.52 (95.21%TT)
34H, 2103G

Ugly month propped up by my ability (e.g luck) to fetch good markup. A 4k and 2k hof, but nothing of any significance for ped lost. Loot was as flat as Ally Mcbeals chest. Will be a bit less turnover coming in February due to changing sleep patterns. But retirement IRL feels good. Should have done it sooner.

Some things I was able to assess this month, some details I will share and some I will not:

* The base crit is not 2% - it is somewhere between 1 and 1.4% (likely 1-1.2%). It is not consistent after hundreds of thousands of data points.
* I figured out what looter levels actually does through the data points and comparisons.

Are you sharing more data and more information on discord?

According to my numbers it is closer to 1.5%, but I have the feeling it is not mob-independent.

Thought I would kick this back up with more limited information and content. I may discontinue again in the future. Depends on people's comments and reactions in the thread. January 2022 +4592.52 (95.21%TT) 34H, 2103G Ugly month propped up by my ability (e.g luck) to fetch good markup. A 4k and 2k hof, but nothing of any significance for ped lost. Loot was as flat as Ally Mcbeals chest. Will be a bit less turnover coming in February due to changing sleep patterns. But retirement IRL feels good. Should have done it sooner. Some things I was able to assess this month, some details I will share and some I will not: * The base crit is not 2% - it is somewhere between 1 and 1.4% (likely 1-1.2%). It is not consistent after hundreds of thousands of data points. * I figured out what looter levels actually does through the data points and comparisons.
Enjoy the billion private messages that are incoming from all your newly found friends 😂

Great content $5. Keep up the posting!

Gear shift. Loot sucks ass still. Almost like I am paying for my extra skill gains.

*tin foil hat* *lube*
Not only yours suck. Its all over again when MA is draining our pockets. For me everything starts right after hallo mayhem and it last till now. 90-93% max depend on the mob, not a penny more.

Nice thread 5$, I read through the whole thing. I think so folks just get frustrated and feel that the game is fixed, that I understand I get the way sometimes myself. I myself have never had the big HOF and my wife hits them often lol go figure. I have but a couple question if you do not mind:
1. When can you share the loot tracker? If not anytime soon, do you have advice on where I can obtain one? I try tracking manually with excel but that is quite a cumbersome process and I sometimes get it wrong. Faulty data does no one any good.
2. What's your thoughts on how to match up mob, skills and weapon? There is not a whole lot of useful info out there about that

Nice thread 5$, I read through the whole thing. I think so folks just get frustrated and feel that the game is fixed, that I understand I get the way sometimes myself. I myself have never had the big HOF and my wife hits them often lol go figure. I have but a couple question if you do not mind:
1. When can you share the loot tracker? If not anytime soon, do you have advice on where I can obtain one? I try tracking manually with excel but that is quite a cumbersome process and I sometimes get it wrong. Faulty data does no one any good.
2. What's your thoughts on how to match up mob, skills and weapon? There is not a whole lot of useful info out there about that
1. I am not sharing my web tracker or my software that I have made. There's no incentive or interest in doing it as that means I also have to keep it up to date, give support, etc - and just like entropialoot - people used it, but didn't do anything to help sustain it. I did however release an earlier version spreadsheet for people to use: https://github.com/atomicstorm/EUHuntingLogger

2. I don't care much for "right-sizing" other than don't take 10 minutes to kill a mob. The reason for this is simply that armor decay and fap decay are negatives to your DPP. Use what's fun, what will keep you playing and not make you lose interest. It's worth sacrificing a couple eff (which I think is overrated a little) to find a fun balance - mainly because Mindark is doing fuck all to help you on that front. Here.. have some shrapnel and let's take longer to give you some 1-second swirls.

I am no expert in hunting. I was always did the best in mining. Perhaps someone else has advice for you.

Don't hunt a mob that is a higher level than your looter lvl of that mob type. Ideal kill range for mobs is 10-20 shots (unless its a really small or big mob). Avoid overkill over a small amount, so pick a weapon for the range of mob HP that you hunt, a few eff % less is not a big deal if it means you can get a better dpp on a mob.

Don't hunt a mob that is a higher level than your looter lvl of that mob type. Ideal kill range for mobs is 10-20 shots (unless its a really small or big mob). Avoid overkill over a small amount, so pick a weapon for the range of mob HP that you hunt, a few eff % less is not a big deal if it means you can get a better dpp on a mob.
Looter level is not equatable to mob level.

Back