I am a virtual land owner ... and so can YOU!

I decided to create a video explaining how ownership of land works in this game. I try to give a detailed explanation of everything I could think of and I also toss in some tips for success at the end!

I know the video is long, I broke it down into sections. I wanted to give time to explain things versus a rush through job.

It was nice to get an insight into the UI and inner workings, I've always been curious!

You've got a very pleasant voice and demeanour too. Thanks for the vid! 🍻

Well ppl think ill buy land others will hunt or mine and ill collect PED . Not exactly the considerable ammount of the profit least 50% goes for fertilizer. So buy a land plot takes ages to pay your original investment. Some have no TPs some are mountain terrain unsuitable for hunting

Thank you, very interesting.

Well ppl think ill buy land others will hunt or mine and ill collect PED . Not exactly the considerable ammount of the profit least 50% goes for fertilizer. So buy a land plot takes ages to pay your original investment. Some have no TPs some are mountain terrain unsuitable for hunting
I don't know what it's like now, but when I bought my first couple of LAs years ago, it was very difficult to find fertilizer so I spent a considerable amount of time and peds just sourcing fertalizer and that was a big hassle. There was no event UI or anything like that to make events. So I got annoyed by the whole thing and sold them. Sadly for the guy that bought them, MA "upgraded" the Universe shortly thereafter and changed all the nice flat hunting lands to steep mountain terrain, basically fucking his investment in the process. Things have improved a lot since then, but I would be anxious about the upcoming software change.

The whole ownership system needs to be remade people should be allowed to have an option for tennants that will accept the ability to add new people to the property and to collect rent that way people can rent something without actually own it and need a deposit since the property will still belong to the original owner

I don't know what it's like now, but when I bought my first couple of LAs years ago, it was very difficult to find fertilizer so I spent a considerable amount of time and peds just sourcing fertalizer and that was a big hassle. There was no event UI or anything like that to make events. So I got annoyed by the whole thing and sold them. Sadly for the guy that bought them, MA "upgraded" the Universe shortly thereafter and changed all the nice flat hunting lands to steep mountain terrain, basically fucking his investment in the process. Things have improved a lot since then, but I would be anxious about the upcoming software change.

LA fert costs are fundamentaly flawed.

Keeping spawn of snablesnots costs as much as keeping proterons. Which is plain broken. That makes only mobs viable for keeping the ones having proper HP pool on lowest maturity. Because locking up maturity is more expencive then numbers.

If that would be fixed to scale with mob istalled - i bet you would see more LAs with mob spawn on them.

I.

To make Landareas interesting again, new DNA should drop together with mutators to make Mutated mobs, that differ from the original, (higher maturities, interesting loot drops etc). Besides that half the fertiliser cost. Especially when you have a mob that isn't level 18 as a young, it is fuck hard to make a profit, because you are competing with the same mob on non-taxed lands. The cost to upkeep maturity and numbers is simply too high. This is why you see a lot of landareas with only one exarosaur, merp, etc etc. The halving of the global threshold is another thing that killed low level mobs om Landareas

Last edited:

Keeping spawn of snablesnots costs as much as keeping proterons. Which is plain broken. That makes only mobs viable for keeping the ones having proper HP pool on lowest maturity. Because locking up maturity is more expencive then numbers.

If that would be fixed to scale with mob istalled - i bet you would see more LAs with mob spawn on them.

I.
Fertilizer system is dynamic.

I.

Fertilizer system is dynamic.

At the time I wished I could get a DNA from some mob that's only purpose was to shit all of the time in one spot on the LA, and then drop a crafterd enmatter pump to slurp up the growth molecules in the area and dump it in a mixer so I always had a tank of fert.

I decided to create a video explaining how ownership of land works in this game. I try to give a detailed explanation of everything I could think of and I also toss in some tips for success at the end!

I know the video is long, I broke it down into sections. I wanted to give time to explain things versus a rush through job.

Watched the whole vid - now I know how it works, so thanks for sharing. As I understand it income is just from hunting & mining taxes? Hope you made a roi.

Nice video BUT omfg what a terrible interface and options for a land owner....... very limited. Land owners should get way more options on their land but ofcourse locked behind a paid service.
Was thinking the same, the interface should be a lot simpler.

Back