I am getting a warning Kaspersky VP when I open wikipedia

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
This is the third time this has happen. It does not happen every time but every few times. KP says that this website is trying to add an extension that will hinder KP protection and trace all that you do on the web basically. I click on the delete it. I am not sure if anyone else is having this problem.

That is because most of EU websites are not https.

Good thing EU Community does not run wikipedia. Entropiawiki on the other hand...

Thanks guys for the info and as soon as my license expires I intend to get another AV. However no one answered the question. "Am I the only one getting this message" and as I know very little about VP what would be a good replacement for Kaspersky ? Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Avast is free. It works.

I would advise against AVAST as well. It was recently exposed that AVAST is collecting user data and selling it to different third parties, see article:

They promised to stop but I lost trust in AVG/AVAST.

If you are using Windows, the built in Windows Defender is actually decent.

I am totally against AVG/Avast. I tried Kaspersky but man what a terrible way to scan.

I would suggest Malwarebytes + some other Virus scanner.

I wonder which page you were on. It's possible someone put code on it.

I would advise against AVAST as well. It was recently exposed that AVAST is collecting user data and selling it to different third parties, see article:

They promised to stop but I lost trust in AVG/AVAST.

If you are using Windows, the built in Windows Defender is actually decent.

I can't believe it - someone besides me is concerned with privacy!!

Have a look at Blackberry Cylance for home use. Next Gen AV and one of few made available for home use. I would get CrowdStrike if available for home but it isn't.

Take it from a guy which really knows the industry.

Once you install an AV software it runs above OS level which means it can and will avoid all sandboxes and can modify your data and send traffic any way it likes.

Speaking of iframe injections to your browser, looking at your letter in word to grandma and so on.

Win defender and common sense are the cure to all problems there are with viruses.

I.

Back