FYI: I am in your Market Raising your Prices!

Ok Wait a Second.. I just got moved from Loot theory to the General Economic Discussion..

Well I am sure thats becouse.... I am really doing what i said i was doing.

Last edited:
Lores.. i hope you really do know what ya doin coz last night your ideas at swamp showed lack of actuall EU experience.. just more of your crackpot spontanious ideas lol :p

Seriously though..good luck if your intentions are good.

Ok, u dont deposits, good luck cornering any market :laugh:

rofl someone bitchslap me for quoting the wrong person, thought op made that post:silly2:

I must admit i am really confused :)... if that was your aim then its achieved.
Also it seems your making some kind of chaos here on EF and not even showing proof that you have bought any of them (screenie mayby?). You yourself tell us that mayby you even did not bought them at all? :)

Reminds me of one person, name starting with L..., and his mining (and some hunting) theories ;). For me it is kinda funny to watch but some people might get iritated.

Falagor
:bandit:

I must admit i am really confused :)... if that was your aim then its achieved.
Also it seems your making some kind of chaos here on EF and not even showing proof that you have bought any of them (screenie mayby?). You yourself tell us that mayby you even did not bought them at all? :)

Reminds me of one person, name starting with L..., and his mining (and some hunting) theories ;). For me it is kinda funny to watch but some people might get iritated.

Falagor

My proof can be seen in the massive volume spike in the items i have bought.

This is one big game to me. Becouse i am really doing this. And I am letting everyone know. Step by step. Becouse the result is going to be something That most people dont even see, yet. I on the otherhand know the few differnt outcomes, and there are a few differnt outcomes. But i can say my failure is not one of them.

You have no idea how funny it is for me to watch as well. It just makes it more entertaining being a major part of it. And the greater goal is going just the way i want it. So far.

Glad to know you're enjoying yourself and it'll be interesting to see what effect (if any) your venture has.
:thumbup:

My proof can be seen in the massive volume spike in the items i have bought.

This is one big game to me. Becouse i am really doing this. And I am letting everyone know. Step by step. Becouse the result is going to be something That most people dont even see, yet. I on the otherhand know the few differnt outcomes, and there are a few differnt outcomes. But i can say my failure is not one of them.

You have no idea how funny it is for me to watch as well. It just makes it more entertaining being a major part of it. And the greater goal is going just the way i want it. So far.

Maybe you should learn to spell first before you attempt to take over the market :lolup::lolup:

Id suggest buying therapy and starting on meds... best investment ever

its not market manipulation if your getting paid the money. and i dont... What if i am being really nice and just buying everyones stuff? and watching your responce to the stimuli i provide.

but you are trying to manipulate the market....thats what yous aid your entire reason for doing this is...higher markups on some low markup items

Ya know. there is something everyone does not see yet. My real motive.

jsin79l.jpg

Say, do you buy molisk teeth? :laugh:

but you are trying to manipulate the market....thats what yous aid your entire reason for doing this is...higher markups on some low markup items

Alrighty. We might need to go into a little chat. What is Market Manipulation. and what is Investment.

Seems alot of people have this odd double standard on investment based demand, and market manipulation.

What makes an item more deserving of mark-up over another item?

And if an item is far more common than another does it mean it is any less important than a higher mark up item?

If it is just as important, If you have the money to back the value you place in it, then why can you not back your price behind an item?

I have not once Bought an item from the market, from myself in an effort to raise prices falsely. However i have been Offering higher than the Listed "normal prices" and paying other players their requested mark ups.

Manipulation well in a way just buying from the market at any price can be manipulation. But I do beleive there needs to be stated rules on what is manipulation that falsely states a price. But on the other side, if someone does pay the price above or below, and provides money to another at what the seller wants. then everything is good.

In short if you feel me to be manipulating the market. Dont sell to me. Or is my Ped Card looking mighty tasty?

Even if you think you know everything son, I'm afraid you've only been here for 11% of EU's existence.

You're just a noob :) listen to the wise voices.

Also, I think cornering a market would cost you alot, for example, a good bet in terms of market cornering could be high end SGA items (ml-35, etc), buying all 6 or so, would cost you at the current market rate around 70k PED. However, as soon as anyone realizes your buying all of a certain item, those last few are going to be hell expensive!!

Maybe just plod along in game for awhile, learn about EU and the wise minds who play here, and perhaps after this thread...keep your head down..

Even if you think you know everything son, I'm afraid you've only been here for 11% of EU's existence.

You're just a noob :) listen to the wise voices.

Also, I think cornering a market would cost you alot, for example, a good bet in terms of market cornering could be high end SGA items (ml-35, etc), buying all 6 or so, would cost you at the current market rate around 70k PED. However, as soon as anyone realizes your buying all of a certain item, those last few are going to be hell expensive!!

Maybe just plod along in game for awhile, learn about EU and the wise minds who play here, and perhaps after this thread...keep your head down..

hmmm. Cornering a market.... Lets see. No. its not going to happen.

Do you really think i am going to raise the mark ups of items that are already insanely over priced? So i can attempt to sell them at a profit?

I think you assume me to be a noob. This is really looking very good for me. Becouse it will really be pretty awesome to see what i do have in store for everyone. I am just playing games with most people in these forums. Based from things i am doing in game. So Far So good.

I will provide more Info on how things are going soon on the technical aspect of things. Markets are funny like that. Always new information being provided.

But wise minds.... Plod along in game for a while..... How often do you see me in game? you might not see me tagging globals all the time. but that does not mean i know nothing.

Ya know. there is something everyone does not see yet. My real motive. Is this really about Raising the Mark ups on items? What if i am attempting to lower the Mark ups of some items?

Yes yes. My comment could be interpreted as "ZOMG UR NUTZCASE!". Maybe you just wanna do something that matters. Who knows.

Even in time I have been around, several colorful characters have been popping up with their BIG plans. Every time their BIG pedcard has been too small for their big plans.

Sure you can stare at auction data and think you can make an impact, but consumer is a funny being: it always finds alternative if something is taken from its reach artificially.

On the other hand, if you're talking about few percent here and there, then does a player (as the opposite of investor) really give a shit?

How can you keep doing this with Ceiling Cat watching???

Must spread rep and such. I love the whole, "I'm going to do something that won't even be noticed, but I'll talk about it here on EF so people will notice me" bit. Fantastic.

This is going to require much more popcorn...:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Cheers :beerchug:

Ok Everyone pull up your copy of Mark-Up for

Socket I Component

Pull up the Graph.

Now weekly and monthly Charts show a huge volume Spike. In the amount of sales.

Now Deal With the Lack of supply....

Granted... there is a good deal still dropping. But until there is enough to go around again....

Raise your own mark up's. Thanks for the Free Food. :D
I've read all your posts in this thread. Interesting read. I can see if you buy shitloads of stuff for overprice and then TT them then you should think that there will be a lack of items in game.

If I look in my storage and estates I have over 980 :eyecrazy:different items and stacks. They are not in the market, would it change anything at all if I TTd them? I think that in your market manupulation have forgot one thing that has even bigger impact than you ever will have. The balancing department at Mind Ark, I belive it is called BASE. There is actuall real people working everyday to see through manupulations like yours and they don't even need money to do that.

David Simmonds once said:
Very much like real life Mindark has to "balance" the economy much like a real government! and as we know not all decisions are popular but are made in the best interest of the whole!

And also if you with your pedcard can create small peakes in auction history data you will see that they level out in the end. I can take your own example Socket I components, they had a huge spike years ago, but they still goes for nearly 100% (= no markup at all). To do real market manupulation, and I find your idea quite interesting, you need lots and lots of money that you use over years. But then in the end, why should you do things like this?

For real manupulation you need to gather supporters that with there own money buys stuff and puts them in storage, not TTng them, and this for a very long time. I have done manupulations like yours myself, but they have all been short term. Once I was one of very few crafting metal sheets, I raised the price of course. I was in the position of getting sheep materials and crafted big amounts that I portioned out for higher price than average market. This had no long term effect but in the short term it worked.
Another time a friend and I raised the price of a BP just for fun, we saw that one reseller had bidded on it and was due to get it in 5 minutes, we started to bid just for fun and raised the price with nearly 100 ped untill we let the reseller have it.

The big question is why you try to raise prices. Is it to boost the ingame market for other players, "helping" the game in your oppinion. If so, your impact is still only short term and still need supporters.

I've read all your posts in this thread. Interesting read. I can see if you buy shitloads of stuff for overprice and then TT them then you should think that there will be a lack of items in game.

If I look in my storage and estates I have over 980 :eyecrazy:different items and stacks. They are not in the market, would it change anything at all if I TTd them? I think that in your market manupulation have forgot one thing that has even bigger impact than you ever will have. The balancing department at Mind Ark, I belive it is called BASE. There is actuall real people working everyday to see through manupulations like yours and they don't even need money to do that.

David Simmonds once said:

And also if you with your pedcard can create small peakes in auction history data you will see that they level out in the end. I can take your own example Socket I components, they had a huge spike years ago, but they still goes for nearly 100% (= no markup at all). To do real market manupulation, and I find your idea quite interesting, you need lots and lots of money that you use over years. But then in the end, why should you do things like this?

For real manupulation you need to gather supporters that with there own money buys stuff and puts them in storage, not TTng them, and this for a very long time. I have done manupulations like yours myself, but they have all been short term. Once I was one of very few crafting metal sheets, I raised the price of course. I was in the position of getting sheep materials and crafted big amounts that I portioned out for higher price than average market. This had no long term effect but in the short term it worked.
Another time a friend and I raised the price of a BP just for fun, we saw that one reseller had bidded on it and was due to get it in 5 minutes, we started to bid just for fun and raised the price with nearly 100 ped untill we let the reseller have it.

The big question is why you try to raise prices. Is it to boost the ingame market for other players, "helping" the game in your oppinion. If so, your impact is still only short term and still need supporters.

Good info. Most of the info you mentioned i have already took into concideration. Socket Componets however were Created December of 2009. Hard to beleive that that had a few spikes years ago. Short Term Could be what i am aiming for. But Can the short term effects other things in the long term. if so how? There is a possibility there will be a long term effect.

Now yes MA does have people watching the markets, I do understand this. But i also beleive their is failsafes to prevent massive market manipulation. Only up to a certain point. Failsafes that are triggered in the event of someone gaining way to many resourses. Then the only result is for the system to realease more. If this is not the case then Balance maniger has final call.

So buying all does not mean i will own them all. I dont think it goes down like that. Unless MA deams a certain item no longer a drop. Commoditys though i dont think apply.

Now Some of the things you discribe as market manipulation really is some shady ass shit man. The BP price manipulation. not cool man. But the getting cheap materials and reselling the crafted items for a profit. thats natural demand. After you are done with something natural. it goes back to the way it was. or you leave it changed forever.

But most of what i said is just blind speculation. Then again. If i am right however. and i am still looking at the data, it will take a little time to see. Until i have more info. or want to give out what little info i do have i will let you guys know.

Just to add.

An item can also be manipulated to show as a lower price when reality is it is worth more. So I want to see if there is a few items that really do have more value than others want everyone to think they have. So If someone pulled the wool over our eyes..... this will test the waters.

And if i am stepping on your nuts. You deserve it. If not hey i was wrong. Who knows :D

Last edited:
Tks man, i had about 2k peds of socket I components i couldn't get rid off.

Tks man, i had about 2k peds of socket I components i couldn't get rid off.

that wasnt me....... i have been bluffing this entire time...

No problem lol

Its in good hands now.

Last edited:
Look at editing reason...
Last edited by dotc0m; Today at 02:05.. Reason: The info was available long enuff. If you read this your late.

But... but...

I was SLEEPING!!! :silly2:

Good info. Most of the info you mentioned i have already took into concideration. Socket Componets however were Created December of 2009. Hard to beleive that that had a few spikes years ago. Short Term Could be what i am aiming for. But Can the short term effects other things in the long term. if so how? There is a possibility there will be a long term effect.

Now yes MA does have people watching the markets, I do understand this. But i also beleive their is failsafes to prevent massive market manipulation. Only up to a certain point. Failsafes that are triggered in the event of someone gaining way to many resourses. Then the only result is for the system to realease more. If this is not the case then Balance maniger has final call.

So buying all does not mean i will own them all. I dont think it goes down like that. Unless MA deams a certain item no longer a drop. Commoditys though i dont think apply.

Now Some of the things you discribe as market manipulation really is some shady ass shit man. The BP price manipulation. not cool man. But the getting cheap materials and reselling the crafted items for a profit. thats natural demand. After you are done with something natural. it goes back to the way it was. or you leave it changed forever.

But most of what i said is just blind speculation. Then again. If i am right however. and i am still looking at the data, it will take a little time to see. Until i have more info. or want to give out what little info i do have i will let you guys know.

Just to add.

An item can also be manipulated to show as a lower price when reality is it is worth more. So I want to see if there is a few items that really do have more value than others want everyone to think they have. So If someone pulled the wool over our eyes..... this will test the waters.

And if i am stepping on your nuts. You deserve it. If not hey i was wrong. Who knows :D

From PEAuction where you can see not so manupulated data. This is where we old players had to find our information about things before market graphs where added to the auction. Market graphs is good and bad. You need to look at them in the right way. I use longterm with trendgraphs. The trend helps you to see in which direction things go, it also helps to look in long term to rule out peaks.

Two days ago at 24.00 MA time someone bought 1 PEC of Lysterium for 21500000%. I looked at Lyst at that moment, the average price did raise a lot, even the monthly was showing high. Yesterday when I looked again, the price was normal.

With lowering price you need a partner that is quick to buy your underpriced item. If you work with stackable goods you need big amounts to sell low for it to really show.

Still interesting thougts. I'm tempted to follow you with paying overprice on some goods just to boost the price for other players. but in the end people will not pay.

Example:

To craft Item A I need component C1 and C2.
Price for C1 is raises (manipulation, demand or lack of it in market)
A will cost more to craft so I have two decisons. Stop crafting or raise price.
If A cost more, the buyers have to make a decision. Is it worth to use it anymore with the new high price or shall I switch to another item instead?

Probably with all information about items from Wikipedia and such each player have all information for that decision and will probably in the end switch from item A to maybe item B.

EDIT:

I did find your experiment quite intersting. I'm almost in for it myself. I'm allready loosing up to 10% on stuff I do so why not buy for 10% higher and just TT the shit? Wouldn't change much in the end for me. ;)

Last edited:
that wasnt me....... i have been bluffing this entire time...

No problem lol

Its in good hands now.

So... your aim was to announce you are buying up whole bunch of nearly TT items (like sockets) just some reselres might think that you are really serious and mayby they will buy some of those items hopeing your idea will really work :scratch2:. I am more and more confused :).

Are you making some kind of research on how people react on bluff put into public information and how much influence you can have on their decisions? Or mayby just watching peoples reacions just for fun? You are aware that this kind of situation for some people may cause stress folowed with health probelms :laugh:.

Falagor

Back