Info: I am not complaining about being killed in a PVP zone in space ... but ..

Rhayven

Provider
Rhay Rhayven van Helsing
Yesterday I was zoning from Caly into space in order to take a passenger to FOMA. Instead of zoning straight into Calypso space station I zoned immediately into a PVP area, no warning, middle of nowhere.

My computer, being the slow thing it is ... takes a couple of seconds to load in the zone. By the time I was loaded I was near dead. Smokeitup appeared to be standing in the zoning point killing people as they load up.

Now I'm all for a fair fight in PVP. If I'm out in a PVP zone I expect to die and get decay on my ship. But would this be considered a PVP player exploiting a very obvious bug ?

Several people were killed right after me after the exact same thing happened. God knows how long he was out there doing it for.

Did you make a support case about it?

Yes .. but no response yet

Reintroduced "feature" I guess that you don't start in a safe zone. Would really be a shame if that is a bug and someone is actively abusing it. Totally unfair and anyone that's been around long enough should know better. Interesting to see if this is a common way to spawn in space atm...

obvious exploiter should be reported asap, let MA decide if and how they wanna punish him

Well they moved FOMA and CP closer to Calypso in the update, maybe they forgot to move the safe zone or the launch area to the new position.

edit: ah you're going the other way. Even so they moved stuff around in space again.

It sounds like they are exploiting some sort of bug that allows them to stand in space and shoot at people... care to share a screen shot of this? What gun were they using to shoot ships with? ML-45? DOA?..

~Danimal

It sounds like they are exploiting some sort of bug that allows them to stand in space and shoot at people... care to share a screen shot of this? What gun were they using to shoot ships with? ML-45? DOA?..

~Danimal

I think that is actually just a poor choice of wording, he probably meant that he was hovering in a Quad Wing... altho since Stagger posted some video of himself being in space without a ship, while using weapons, I can't be completely sure :scratch2:

I think that is actually just a poor choice of wording, he probably meant that he was hovering in a Quad Wing... altho since Stagger posted some video of himself being in space without a ship, while using weapons, I can't be completely sure :scratch2:

Uhuh... that's why I'm doing this :scratch2: hence the question :)

~Danimal

This happened once before.

Id write support and ask for any losses to be reimbursed as this is a MA flaw...Its not like the pirate has to do something "unnatural" to themselves or the mob to get their loot.

DCF

Well they moved FOMA and CP closer to Calypso in the update, maybe they forgot to move the safe zone or the launch area to the new position.

edit: ah you're going the other way. Even so they moved stuff around in space again.

I think you hit the nail on the head:yup:

Yesterday I was zoning from Caly into space in order to take a passenger to FOMA. Instead of zoning straight into Calypso space station I zoned immediately into a PVP area, no warning, middle of nowhere.

My computer, being the slow thing it is ... takes a couple of seconds to load in the zone. By the time I was loaded I was near dead. Smokeitup appeared to be standing in the zoning point killing people as they load up.

Now I'm all for a fair fight in PVP. If I'm out in a PVP zone I expect to die and get decay on my ship. But would this be considered a PVP player exploiting a very obvious bug ?

Several people were killed right after me after the exact same thing happened. God knows how long he was out there doing it for.

why didn't you just log off like the rest of entropia?

~Danimal
report meh :p

thanks for watching my vid lol

That's an obvious bug exploit, and Smokeitup knew it. Send a support case.

Edit: it has been pointed out that I can not be absolutely certain what was going through Smokeitup's head when he exploited this bug. So, I rephrase this post as follows:

That's an obvious bug exploit, and I'm 99.9% sure Smokeitup knew it. Send a support case.

Last edited:

what makes you think smokeitup knew it was a bug exploit?

for all cases,
he could have just flew passed and saw someone spawn, immediatly killed it.
TBH if it was an exploit, i would have made a video about it right away.
you guys know how i love to force MA to improve space.

imo, Neil, you have been using alt+F4 in the passed 6 months almost daily.
everytime you run into us pirates first thing you say is, byebye and goner you are.
that to me,, is an obvious bug exploit.
sent a support case ;)

for all cases,
he could have just flew passed and saw someone spawn, immediatly killed it.
TBH if it was an exploit, i would have made a video about it right away.
you guys know how i love to force MA to improve space.

everytime you run into us pirates first thing you say is, byebye and goner you are.
that to me,, is an obvious bug exploit.
sent a support case ;)

Come on dude, quit being so immature...

To respond to the off topic post....

I have used alt-F4 or logout once (and only once) to escape a pirate. That was when I got you to chase me through the training grounds on the day you so kindly made the community aware of the alt-F4 issue. And--which is unusual for me--I did in fact have loot that day: 1 nova fragment. :laugh:

Really, Stagger... I didn't realize your buddies were telling you fish stories about me! :yay: I'm flattered, really. I guess it means I'm doing my job: distracting your buddies while travelers leave the stations safely, leading them on romps across the entire universe, only to see a "no loot" message at the end, sitting for hours in my quad by the edge of the safe zone (out of sight of the spawn point) "trying" to get out of the safe zone while the pirate makes violent love to my quad :tongue2: while I watch a movie, hitting the "next seat" button every few minutes to keep the pirate going. I am devious, I know. And the irony is, even though I tell you this is what I do, you and your buddies still follow me out and waste ammo on me whenever I want you to pay the pirate tax. :laugh: And just to repeat myself, no, I have not needed to use alt-F4 in the presence of any of your crew.

You're absolutely right, it is possible that Smokeitup truly believed players are supposed to spawn in PVP, as unlikely as that is. I will edit my post to say, "I'm 99.9% sure Smokeitup knew it. Send a support case". Now if you could only be that zealous about truth in your own posts, we might see an improvement in your reputation around here.

Last edited:
To respond to the off topic post....

I have used alt-F4 or logout once (and only once) to escape a pirate. That was when I got you to chase me through the training grounds on the day you so kindly made the community aware of the alt-F4 issue. And--which is unusual for me--I did in fact have loot that day: 1 nova fragment. :laugh:

Really, Stagger... I didn't realize your buddies were telling you fish stories about me! :yay: I'm flattered, really. I guess it means I'm doing my job: distracting your buddies while travelers leave the stations safely, leading them on romps across the entire universe, only to see a "no loot" message at the end, sitting for hours in my quad by the edge of the safe zone (out of sight of the spawn point) "trying" to get out of the safe zone while the pirate makes violent love to my quad :tongue2: while I watch a movie, hitting the "next seat" button every few minutes to keep the pirate going. I am devious, I know. And the irony is, even though I tell you this is what I do, you and your buddies still follow me out and waste ammo on me whenever I want you to pay the pirate tax. :laugh: And just to repeat myself, no, I have not needed to use alt-F4 in the presence of any of your crew.

You're absolutely right, it is possible that Smokeitup truly believed players are supposed to spawn in PVP, as unlikely as that is. I will edit my post to say, "I'm 99.9% sure Smokeitup knew it. Send a support case". Now if you could only be that zealous about truth in your own posts, we might see an improvement in your reputation around here.

neildoingwhathesbestat.jpg

I guess everyone has his sports..
mine is killing people in space
your's is annoying people you can't kill in space

:handjob:

neildoingwhathesbestat.jpg

I guess everyone has his sports..
mine is killing people in space
your's is annoying people you can't kill in space

Mine is messing with your mind as I lead you on romps across the universe and waste your ammo. In this case, it worked better than I'd hoped. Who knows about next time... maybe I'll be empty, maybe I'll be a silent hof for you... maybe I'll log out, maybe not. I guess you'll have to loot me to find out. Put that super ship of yours to good use. I find it hilarious that I've looted you but you haven't looted me yet. :laugh:

Note: what I say in PVP chat in-game is not necessarily true (tactics). What I say on the forum is.

Edit: it has been pointed out that I can not be absolutely certain what was going through Smokeitup's head when he exploited this bug. So, I rephrase this post as follows:

That's an obvious bug exploit, and I'm 99.9% sure Smokeitup knew it. Send a support case.

God this guy is the biggest whiner ever, but is very quick to exploit anything to his advantage. Only people neil ever sticks around to fight are people afk, then he brags he killed a pirate lmao! Just had to say something after reading many threads with him whining and complaining. I can tell you all he is the first person to abuse an exploit if it serves him. Coward plain and simple. Runs his mouth so much but will never back it up.

Camping in zoning area and pking is pure loser.
Logging off with loot in space is being smart to take advantage of bug.
Nib skilless pirates wasting peds in pking is waste of time.
All these programming flaws designed and implemented by design is advantageous.
Whining in forum all the time about SPACE SPACE SPACE is fucking priceless.

Camping in zoning area and pking is pure loser.
Logging off with loot in space is being smart to take advantage of bug.
Nib skilless pirates wasting peds in pking is waste of time.
All these programming flaws designed and implemented by design is advantageous.
Whining in forum all the time about SPACE SPACE SPACE is fucking priceless.

^^^ lol that gave me a laugh(all joking aside). But wouldn't smoke finding a good spot to loot people be on the smart side, as is logging off with loot? If it's the other way around and not you exploiting they are losers and not smart? double standard imo.

God this guy is the biggest whiner ever, but is very quick to exploit anything to his advantage. Only people neil ever sticks around to fight are people afk, then he brags he killed a pirate lmao! Just had to say something after reading many threads with him whining and complaining. I can tell you all he is the first person to abuse an exploit if it serves him. Coward plain and simple. Runs his mouth so much but will never back it up.

Please back up your accusations... what bugs do I exploit? And please PM me those threads where you think I'm whining, I'd like to see them.

Last edited:
This went a bit off topic ... received a support case back .. apparently Mindark are going to do nothing about it because they cannot reproduce the bug ..

I told them to check whatever logs they hold ... and look at the fact that I zoned into space and died within 10 - 20 seconds of this. Obviously this isn't going to go anywhere so he's going to get away with it regardless ..

Personally I think what Smokeitup did was a cowardly act .. I'm not going to whine about losing stuff because it's my own fault for forgetting to dump my ore before I went into space to ferry someone to FOMA ..

I never had a good opinion of pirates, I never liked the idea of being forced to travel through a PVP area in order to experience content. It is what it is though and I can't complain about this. However I now think less of an individual who is prepared to take whatever unfair advantage he can in order to make a few bucks ...

{removed}

Otherwise have fun folks :)
Rhayven out ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nvm lol wrong thread

Back