I can't log into the game because EU doesn't want to send me a reader device

PeterCal

Young
Society
Freelancer
Peter Caliber Tu
Hello

My Gold Card device got error 72 which means I need a new one.
I open today the third support ticket about a simple problem they could have solved but they haven't ....
Oh they sent me an new Gold Card without the device(the reader)...useless.
But this month they sent me also an email about new EULA rules about account inactivity, how strange.
The only solution I was offered after posting the first support ticket was to get an app on my smart phone instead of security card.
I answer that I don't have an smartphone and not planing to have one.
After that they ignored me so I open a 2nd support case and they sent me a new Gold card instead of a new card reader.
I don't see how this can be a better security for my account than a card reader and a Gold card?!?!
Now after 1 month on 3d support case waiting

I'm speechless I presume they want to wipe my account(in which I deposited a lot) or something otherwise I don't see why they doing it...
That's a thanks for gold players EU style:mad:

A lot of problems with Gold cards are due to the grooves that build up on the card rather than the reader. You should be able to just about make them out on the card on the left.

You may be able to open up your reader with some cheap jewelers screwdrivers and clear out fluff reducing or removing the Error 72 issue.

Is just the batteries man.
I have it for 5 years or so.

I opened and cleaned but is not the case.

Can't change batteries, are soldered.

Happily you have a year before that account gets wiped. Make that the original previous two years since you've not been in the game to accept the new TOS.

Should get you plenty time to wait for a ticket response :laugh: (okok, that wasn't funny but reading about that poor gamer who had active support response after eleven months...it's just not looking too great)

This means I would not stress too much, yet.

I suggest you could get a better support experience if you find someone to help out a little with the ticket. It's in English and many have a hard time with the language. It must be clear, to the point and maybe also polite.
Just to make sure you get help with exactly what you want.

A lot of problems with Gold cards are due to the grooves that build up on the card rather than the reader. You should be able to just about make them out on the card on the left.

You may be able to open up your reader with some cheap jewelers screwdrivers and clear out fluff reducing or removing the Error 72 issue.

The problem here are the batteries.

I have the reader 5 years or so, is not dust.
I open and cleaned the reader.
Can't change batteries are soldered.

After 2 support ticket opened and 1 month they sent me only the card not the reader.

Since is a new TOU in place the prolly they wait for 365 days account inactivity so they can terminate my account without any refund.

I don't believe anyone (specifically the designer of the card reader) in the right mind would solder on batteries that are not rechargeable.

If its the same model as shown in the 101, just push out the coin batteries from its socket (in the direction as shown in the picture).

;)

The problem here are the batteries.

I have the reader 5 years or so, is not dust.
I open and cleaned the reader.

After 2 support ticket opened and 1 month they sent me only the card not the reader.

Since is a new TOU in place the prolly they wait for 365 days account inactivity so they can terminate my account without any refund.

mmm strange, I've had mine 9 years and still using original batteries and card.

they really should send you a new one though

I think a better solution for OP is to send proof of identity to MA and ask them to remove the gold card form his account.

After that, sell out and withdraw.

I think a better solution for OP is to send proof of identity to MA and ask them to remove the gold card form his account.

After that, sell out and withdraw.

This is the best way to get in game with the least delay in time

If the batteries were dead you would not see anything on your display...

I don't believe anyone (specifically the designer of the card reader) in the right mind would solder on batteries that are not rechargeable.

If its the same model as shown in the 101, just push out the coin batteries from its socket (in the direction as shown in the picture).

;)

you are right I overlooked are not soldered, they let one clamp free only 3 are soldered.
I'm waiting for a new one

If the batteries were dead you would not see anything on your display...

Yeah, the logical answer.

Think about it, the type of battery is CR 2016 so I guess was made to last till this year.Just a thought
On the other hand maybe don't have enough juice to compute a 6 digit number and display it. Display is faded. Error 72 = batteries issues.

Happily you have a year before that account gets wiped. Make that the original previous two years since you've not been in the game to accept the new TOS.

Should get you plenty time to wait for a ticket response :laugh: (okok, that wasn't funny but reading about that poor gamer who had active support response after eleven months...it's just not looking too great)

This means I would not stress too much, yet.

I suggest you could get a better support experience if you find someone to help out a little with the ticket. It's in English and many have a hard time with the language. It must be clear, to the point and maybe also polite.
Just to make sure you get help with exactly what you want.

Noo you have to be rude. Had no response to ticket for 30 days so i opened a new one what pointed to the old ticket and it was something like. "Hey can you guys stop drinking coffee and solve my problem" and i pointed to ticket 1.
2 days later got my problem solved...

Error 72 = batteries issues.

If you think it's batteries problem, just order 2 new ones on internet, they are 5pcs for $0,67.

And once in a while everyone will have a Error 72.
Here it always helped to put the card in to one side of the reader, just try a little more to the left or right.

As far I can remember Error 72 is bad connection between card chip and connectors in reader.
Else you could look if the connecters are corroded the ones that get connected to chip, and ofc clean the chip on the card.

Other option, just get the app.
Look for (Entropia Pocket)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you think it's batteries problem, just order 2 new ones on internet, they are 5pcs for $0,67.

Here it always helped to put the card in to one side of the reader, just try a little more to the left or right.

As far I can remember Error 72 is bad connection between card chip and connectors in reader.
Else you could look if the connecters are corroded the ones that get connected to chip, and ofc clean the chip on the card.

My Gold Card and reader are both pooched. Never got a response from MA via support. Login once a year to keep account active and that's it (which requires 15 min of playing around with GC and reader just to get a code). WTG MA! :) lol. I think I was spending around $8k US/yr when I was playing.. Can't even get a new GC and reader outta em.

Yeah, the logical answer.

Think about it, the type of battery is CR 2016 so I guess was made to last till this year.Just a thought
On the other hand maybe don't have enough juice to compute a 6 digit number and display it. Display is faded. Error 72 = batteries issues.

2016 is the model number referring to thinkness and radius of the battery.
I get the 72 error repeatedly every time I try to log in almost. Then I scratch the contacts on the goldcard with my fingernails and rub them a bit and retry until it works. The contacts on my card are a bit worn out after so many years. They no longer look like copper but more a bit like metal. Fading of the display can mean one of the batteries is not connecting so well or they are running dry yes. Also sometimes you need to squeeze the reader in a corner for that to change lol.

I was having similar problems, I removed the tiny screws from the back of the reader, the reader then comes apart. Inside are tho medal contacts that touch to the card chip, Polish those off with a rough surfaces material. Inside are two batteries, can can switch them sides as well. Or replace them completly, I just switched them over.
Finaly once u got your card reader working, go to the entropia website and switch to the new login app for android...

2016 is the model number referring to thinkness and radius of the battery.
I get the 72 error repeatedly every time I try to log in almost. Then I scratch the contacts on the goldcard with my fingernails and rub them a bit and retry until it works. The contacts on my card are a bit worn out after so many years. They no longer look like copper but more a bit like metal. Fading of the display can mean one of the batteries is not connecting so well or they are running dry yes. Also sometimes you need to squeeze the reader in a corner for that to change lol.

I was having similar problems, I removed the tiny screws from the back of the reader, the reader then comes apart. Inside are tho medal contacts that touch to the card chip, Polish those off with a rough surfaces material. Inside are two batteries, can can switch them sides as well. Or replace them completly, I just switched them over.
Finaly once u got your card reader working, go to the entropia website and switch to the new login app for android...

Can I just point out the bits in RED text in Usurper's guide

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?88274-GoldCard-Reader-101

Before the above becomes general advice. ;)

Don't have a smart phone and not planing to have one.
I ordered 2 new batteries because I seen no other solution insight.

They shipped a new reader so I'm back into game, finally.

Thanks all for input and help.

mmm strange, I've had mine 9 years and still using original batteries and card.

they really should send you a new one though

I'm still using my original PE gold card and reader. Todos who made the reader and authentication system was bought by Gemalto in 2010 and trying to find anything Todos product related on their website other than press releases is almost impossible.

My guess is MA are getting close to running out of stock and jumped to the google system before they finally do and only supplying them as replacements but even then they'll run out eventually.

Last edited:
What's the big deal?

I lost my card reader (still had my gold card) and my account was unlocked within 30 minutes from me going to entropiauniverse.com and sending a message through the "Support chat" down the right hand side of the screen. I still got the card, but i chose to use EntropiaPocket instead.

I really, really do not understand what the fuss is about.

Is the account in your name? If no, why?

You can't prove you own the account?
Should have thought about that before you added a second level of security to the account, only allowing access for the name on the account :duh:

Seeing how many replies there has been to this thread I take for granted that you've contacted support, providing them with what they are asking for and have had the issues solved.

moral of the story i suppose... don't add second level security if you do not have the tools to unlock it when shit hits the fan (aka battery fades, gold card gets snapped in frustration etc)

What's the big deal?

I lost my card reader (still had my gold card) and my account was unlocked within 30 minutes from me going to entropiauniverse.com and sending a message through the "Support chat" down the right hand side of the screen. I still got the card, but i chose to use EntropiaPocket instead.

I really, really do not understand what the fuss is about.

Is the account in your name? If no, why?

You can't prove you own the account?
Should have thought about that before you added a second level of security to the account, only allowing access for the name on the account :duh:

Seeing how many replies there has been to this thread I take for granted that you've contacted support, providing them with what they are asking for and have had the issues solved.

moral of the story i suppose... don't add second level security if you do not have the tools to unlock it when shit hits the fan (aka battery fades, gold card gets snapped in frustration etc)

First of all I haven't added a second security, MA did.
They sent me the reader and the gold card after I deposited a certain amount of money into the game.
I wouldn't want to use it at first but I couldn't log in without it, the game won't let me.

2. The account is in my name but that still won't help me to log into the game without a reader in fact I don't see why did you bring that into discussion in first place. I really can't.

3. Any game now days involving money has 2 security way systems. After they provide a second security system to the players I guess they have to supported( providing replacements). MA fail to provide me with a replacement.
After 1 month and 4 support tickets they sent me a card without the actual reader. A sad joke.And that was the time when I decided I need help and need to let other people know my experience.

4 The fuss? Hmm... I was well aware(MA recently changed the period of how long someone can have an inactive account) that they could lock and terminate my account loosing everything I had due to the inactive account. When my reader gave up I had already few months of inactivity didn't know exactly how much.

What's exactly your problem here? You trolling or just wasting time?
If you don't like the " fuss" of this post why fussing to write something fussy?

Don't give me the moral of the story I know it myself and is very far from what you try to picture.
You provide the both components of a security system not only one.

My only mistake in this story is that I didn't see the forth metal clamp being free and not soldered like the other 3. But i should had the the replacement far easier than this counting the K of $ I pushed.

Now if you want to get moral again try patronize someone else and I can't care less what part you don't see an you need drawings.

Last edited:
First of all I haven't added a second security, MA did.
They sent me the reader and the gold card after I deposited a certain amount of money into the game.
I wouldn't want to use it at first but I couldn't log in without it, the game won't let me.

Are you saying they switched you to gold card mode without your consent? I got the gold card, too, sent for free without me asking for it after accumulated deposits exceeded a threshold, but I never activated it and, knowing about the potential troubles, never wanted to. I was left in peace so far and unaware they could be liable for overriding your choice in this fashion.

Back