I have 2 questions about loot

1. What do you think about loot system?

2.You think players have quit because loot?

Well...Lets answer these questions in terms of every single game on the planet.

What do you think of the loot system, the answer from most people, especially once they get tired of a game will be its unfair or it sucks. So, check. :p

Do you think players have quit because of loot? Only in ever single mmorpg there is. So, check again.

You give MA $20, use their serves, then they give you $15 back. Well thats a better deal then most forms of entertainment. Nearly all games give you nothing back after you pay. Most forms of entertainment in real life give you nothing back once you pay. This isnt a get rich quick game, you pay to play. The only way to come out ahead is to sell your time to other players. Or have enough money to buy land, but thats just like real life too heh.

With that said, ill agree that the item drop rate is too low on many many items. Return ups and downs are too severe, i play long term so the ups and downs mean very little to me, but they definitely drive some people away.

And ill also agree that there are avenues of game play that allow a player to piss away their ped far faster then sanity would seem to dictate. But, one could argue that that's a good thing. 1000 ped to one person might be a lot. You can shoot a TON of snablesnots with that. But, to another person they might wipe their ass with $100 bills, and could care less. Just because the avenues are there doesn't mean you have to make use of them, and shouldn't if you cant afford it.

For me personally if i look at my TT loss in the last year of hunting. The part MA directly controls. I spent more then this on my monthly subscription(+expansion costs) to another MMORPG in the same time period. And i had two accounts in that game, so it was costing me more then twice as much. Before i quit that game, if i add up all the monthly subscription fees, expansion costs, and initial game cost. I get in the neighborhood of $3000-4000. So, its just as easy to dump a couple grand into another game, or other forms of entertainment as it is to piss away your ped in entropia.

1 .- If you have a product or service you are sure it is excellent but a significant part of your customers think it is not "as" good, man, you have a problem and you must solve it one way or another. Many players think the loot system is not so good in some way Mindark should try to solve (not necessarily changing it) this false perception.

2 .- Yes, I see that rookies often start thinking that playing this game, doing this or that, they can win the peds needed to survive without any problems. Later, when they realize that they must settle endure long hours of sweating, left the game disappointed. Mindark has inadvertently encouraged this misperception by the way they promote the game. This should be corrected.

I noticed a reoccuring theme to responses to valid complaints/concerns and its kinda disheartening. I mean most responses you see go to total extremes like talking bout expectations being outa wack etc. for ex. "what, you expected to get rich?" or "what you wanna hof every 5min?" When in reality the people bringing up concerns dont even wanna profit or break even, theyd just like to hit the avg 90% return before they're broke or before having to deposit more.

Its true that returns would be much better if we had better markups but we all shoot ourselves in the foot by undercutting undercuts etc. So the markup value is our own faults. For example look at nova fragments, can you get 1k of them faster then you can get 1k sweat? No you can't or atleast i know i cant so why is the markup 5 times lower then sweat and to loot it you gotta spend ped, but to sweat is free. Think about it, if we really valued each others time tt value of return wouldnt matter so much. Just a thought.

Well the markup is just "moving money" between players so is don't help the overall picture that much, but i agree that markup on items is needed to make it more "fun".
Yes, it is easier to get sweat, but..... we have more hunters than sweaters and ME is in more demand than enhancers, so greater demand for sweat than novas leading to a higher price for sweat.
It's funny people complaining about high price on enhancers and low price on nova fragments......:rolleyes:

Me to, I have 2 questions:

First: How did a guy managed to found out the milk ? I mean, he was groping a cow :tongue4: !!!

Second: If one day we colonize Mars, did we will build churchs, mosques, budist's temples up there ?

I would like to see more items being dropped, I honestly do not think that it would affect the market that much if some items dropped a bit more :silly2: even more pixie would be OK ;)

Interesting you say that, its really what a lot of people (me included) miss about the old game we used to know. I took a tt fist and tt knife over to ft argus last night and hit the beach and was killing snabbles because I have no skills anymore lol, I was there for a little while enjoying my cheap skilling time there, and I hit one when the loot window popped it had two pairs of pixie arms m/f some pixie gloves and a fap 10! I was in snabble heaven, I felt like I just hoffed :D It used to be that way a long time ago when I first started.

Now compare that to a couple hundred ped I burned with my new Korss 400 that I am now in SIB and was working on feffs a couple days ago and all I got was shit tt loot. Of course, there where uber hoffs and globals going off all over the place where people got weps in their loot and stuff, but it sucked to just spend hours burning through the ammo to get shit tt loot. That just turns people off. MISS MISS MISS shit loot MISS MISS MISS shit loot, you watch your ammo amount go down, your ped card balance go down and you got nothing to show for it but some skills that crawled along for the investment of that time and money. I can see how that would not be a lot of fun for a lot of people and might turn them off. :laugh:

First: How did a guy managed to found out the milk ? I mean, he was groping a cow :tongue4: !!!

Second: If one day we colonize Mars, did we will build churchs, mosques, budist's temples up there ?

lolwut? :scratch2:

For the first... can you tell me where to find your weed provider ? i am actually interested, it seems like strong stuff :rofl:

Second... i am even more interested in knowing your local reseller :banana:

:D

For the thread's questions.

Yes and No.

I like the loot system, and they quit because they found a new zone to explore (real life), and since then it seems they all got RL HoF or RL Ath because they're not coming back...

I think i've smoked something stronger than you in fact... hem... :D

I try to not think too much about the loot system, it makes me sad... ;)

Nah, seriously, the loot system is nothing but cruel, it is designed to suck you dry and pay back huge loots to always break the old records yet once more - it's designed for gamblers, and you need luck or brains to survive in EU without constantly "injecting" money.

I think the vast majority of players that have stopped playing after the big loot nerf did so because of the loot.

1) most of the players suckseed in EU

2) no I don't think that, I know that players did

Now that I have answered your questions with amazing accuracy... What do I win? :wtg:

You give MA $20, use their serves, then they give you $15 back. Well thats a better deal then most forms of entertainment.

The difference is, that other games you know you'll get nothing back, from your $15/month (or free) subscription, except some fun for a month (or eternity, if free).
In Entropia, for all you know, you could get NOTHING for your $15 but dissatisfaction, and an hour later MA smiles at you with their hand out and a text bubble above their heads cartoon-style, saying (in a Nahasa Peemapentalon voice) "ThankYEW, cum agen!". More often than not

Last edited:

The loot system is dynamic :D

players come and go but i stayed lol

1. One could say dynamic loses :laugh:
2. Yes i did several times... :D

1: i think the loot system is complicated. that would better serve depositing players, if their was loss bottemfeeders and more money used to move the in game markets. perhaps some monopolys or cartels need to be formed and supported. and some monopolys and cartels shattered.

As well as some perceptions on how players should play the game, Possibly get away from the notion that you can get something from nothing, and if you do get something it is from time put in and hard work. And if you dont want to spend the time use your own money for a boost up. However, having said that, Get away from the gambling atmosphere, Heavy Manipulation of markets to keep you from losses, If your going to have losses in the markets take it like a man, dont try to cover your own ass becouse someone doesnt see things your way.

2: People leave becouse the shady nature of players, Most players dont realize that the real problem is lack of accountability to ones own actions, As too many players just act as if they were sheep following a set path, playing it way to safe, when sometimes safe is just as dangerous as too risky. Some people that do see oppertunitys are to quick to fall into the same cycle of quick and safe profits, at the same time taking way to much from the system as a whole, but dont realize the problems that they just created.

But MA Just See buisness is working as intended. And sometimes cannot see the larger picture. and if they do they expect the players to sort it out. As they dont want to step on someone's toes for the greater good. But the greater Good is way to risky for them, as they are the only ligitimate buisness in the game. they have to come 1st.

Players Leave. Be it they cannot see the whole picture. or they are so shortsighted that they cant get it their way, right away. For nothing.

It doesnt work like that in real life. it wont work here. But then again. The rich get richer IRL. so it is up to the player to break the cycle and not be so sheepish, take risks, but understand taking risks... well its risky.

We don't quit because of loot!
We quit because of the lack thereof!

Also, If you can show me the loot system and how its made, i will investigate it and give you my comment about it.

Back