Help: I have some stupid space questions :)

Spacejanitor

Prowler
Firstly. I have a subwarp attachment, but what use is it? How do u subwarp and what the hell is it for?

Then there is the attachments like, Power supply and armamenst device III, where do I buy these as they seem to not appear on auction?

Then there are three slots empty on my ship for attachments. What are they for and where do I get em? ( Silently hoping for shield emmitter device against pirate blasts) LOL

Currently warping around with a Warp II Device and I also have a full TT Warp III in tow when the II is completelly decayed.

Ive scoured the internet looking for tutorials on this, but I cant find squat. So Im reaching out there.

Last edited:
aye not a big shipowner so can't qanswer all those questions but the sub warp drive is what allows the ship to move when it's not warping so it sounds like you have one in already.

The other items, if they aren't in auction you can craft them, or hire someone to craft it for you.

It's still 6AM here so maybe someone will come along with more details on the other engineering units.

As for a shield, would be nice but the only way to go with that is more permanent. You can actually increase the structural integrity of your ship if you have a privateer or a mothership. There's no limit so if you want to make a privateer stronger than the strongest mothership (currently) in the game you can do that.

I mean, theoretically. Good luck since the amount of peds in some ships is tremendous.

If you put enough SI on your ship you could discourage most pirates, make it so expensive to kill you most of them will have to stop.

aye not a big shipowner so can't qanswer all those questions but the sub warp drive is what allows the ship to move when it's not warping so it sounds like you have one in already.

The other items, if they aren't in auction you can craft them, or hire someone to craft it for you.

It's still 6AM here so maybe someone will come along with more details on the other engineering units.

As for a shield, would be nice but the only way to go with that is more permanent. You can actually increase the structural integrity of your ship if you have a privateer or a mothership. There's no limit so if you want to make a privateer stronger than the strongest mothership (currently) in the game you can do that.

I mean, theoretically. Good luck since the amount of peds in some ships is tremendous.

If you put enough SI on your ship you could discourage most pirates, make it so expensive to kill you most of them will have to stop.

Okay thankyou. That info helped me loads. I apreciate it. Awesome :yay:

As a crafter I actually have the Energy source BP, Armament Device I, II and III. So I shall be crafting those definitelly. As for the space-scallywags, theyre in for one hell of a surprize soon. Seems they know my ship SI aint so high. Thats gonna change soon. Very soon.

Last edited:
The subwarp and armament devices don't decay (yet) So you don't need to bother about them

Armament device II will enable all 6 guns on a privateer. .

Really, you should just be using warp drive I. The only advantage in using warp drive II or above is that you won't get pulled out of warp if you hit a warp mine I (you will if you hit a warp mine II) but afaik, the pirates just use warp mine I because everyone uses warp drive I, mostly because its the cheapest option and the reason sited above about warp mines.

The chances of getting pulled out of warp by a warp mine are very low - it only happened to me only once in several years of warp taxi service.

The subwarp and armament devices don't decay (yet) So you don't need to bother about them

Really, you should just be using warp drive I. The only advantage in using warp drive II or above is that you won't get pulled out of warp if you hit a warp mine I (you will if you hit a warp mine II) but afaik, the pirates just use warp mine I because everyone uses warp drive I, mostly because its the cheapest option and the reason sited above about warp mines.

The chances of getting pulled out of warp by a warp mine are very low - it only happened to me only once in several years of warp taxi service.

LoL ! I just spent a small fortune to Up my SI. Needless to say I also armored up with III and I will stick to WARP II AND III. Explains why I never hit a mine tho. Heard peops talk of em. Just had run ins with shitty scum opening up on me the moment I innitiate Warp. They always wait for that. Or once, jumping right out of warp at Ark.

You can actually increase the structural integrity of your ship if you have a privateer or a mothership. There's no limit so if you want to make a privateer stronger than the strongest mothership (currently) in the game you can do that.

At the same SI a privateer would be easier to defend than a mothership as the repair points are located next to each other.

If you could get in/out of a privateer in open space I would really want one.

If you could get in/out of a privateer in open space I would really want one.

You can get out in open space.. just take yourself of the ship's guest list :D getting back on might be more problematical though....

You can get out in open space.. just take yourself of the ship's guest list :D getting back on might be more problematical though....

Can the ship's owner do that?

Also while it's a little faster and technically "out in open space" it's effectively still exit to a space station only.

The armament III does not open all of the privateers gun seats. it opens 61% of the 8 available gunner seats or 5 seats since it rounds up. The Armament II gives 39% of the seats or 4 seats while the I gives 22% or 2 seats.

The armament III does not open all of the privateers gun seats. it opens 61% of the 8 available gunner seats or 5 seats since it rounds up. The Armament II gives 39% of the seats or 4 seats while the I gives 22% or 2 seats.

There are 6 gunner seats on a privateer. Two on the pilots deck and the remaining 4 on the upper deck, (which I used to call the gun deck) behind the pilot deck. I had armament II in my privateer, (now sold) and all 6 gunner seats were enabled.

Can the ship's owner do that?

Also while it's a little faster and technically "out in open space" it's effectively still exit to a space station only.

No the ship owner cannot do that and I was not being serious :)

Owner cant remove himself from the GL unfortunately to get out but... Most people are unaware if this.. You CAN enter a pathfinder from outside of it instantly from your quad or another vessel just by "operate" function like any other vehicle and your quad/sleip etc goes right into your bags :)

Back