I just don't understand.......

Casay

Stalker
Society
Damage Inc.
Casay Casay Onyx
There's been many posts and thread about loot changes for hunters. From people outright whining and others making logical points. I won't link or go into them all. This isn't a whining thread... it's a; I think there's some explanation in order about the changes in the loot pool.

Tonight there's a new mining #1 ATH and 2 more very large loots. Gratz to the people that got them and this thread is in no way to bash them and their luck.

During MM, it was pointed out there wasn't any large HOF at all. There's really hasn't been any since then. One scip, not even a MM mob. So.. where did all the peds go from MM? It's obvious that there was a lot made overall given the deed payout. From this side of the PC it seems the MM loots have somehow gone to mining. I know there's many miners but there's many more hunters and something just isn't right here. :scratch2:

Something was re-balanced / changed.. something.... I don't think it's fair for MA to have changed something so drastically and not inform the community. I understand their not being able to give specifics.. but darn it... let us know you CHANGED IT!!!!!!!!

I personally think but have NO evidence that there was an attempt to spread things around for MM and it screwed things up badly. I also think there was some change made when the deed pay outs were implemented. It IS a fact that several people were missing their hof peds due to a bug, loot on drones changed to the wrong loot, green paint drops off everything now is seems, beacons weren't paying properly, and there was no larger HOF of any kind during MM or since on those mobs.

Other suspicions - too many people complaining of low return hunts although the past week that seems to have gotten better.

If the loot pool is all 'one' loot pool now and not somewhat separated by mob or occupation I think it's only fair for us to be told that. It seems to me that is what is going on. Something is for sure.... again gratz to the people that got the mining loots and please no bashing of them in this thread. I'd like to see more supporting 'evidence' that shows something has changed.

Please MA...... you're killing us here.... :(

The most common comments on loot I have seen is that it seems to be more even now, less ATHs and HoFs and less ups-and-downs (at least for hunting), better average (or at least shorter loss periods)...

Then a smaller group of people complaining because they seem to believe that "No ATHs = Worse overall loot" or because they personally have noticed no difference (some of them using what seems to be horribly uneco gear), but not gonna go further into that :rolleyes:

Hunting loot does seem to be much more stable... I haven't returned once with less then 90% tt value. On the same hand tho it seems a bit ridiculous for MA to give out so many peds in mining all at once... but wth its "dynamic"

Please MA...... you're killing us here.... :(

Sorry, I dont get it.
Lot of ppl is reporting better returns - or more stable returns - in last weeks. Whats wrong with it?

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Casay again.
+rep

Sorry, I dont get it.
Lot of ppl is reporting better returns - or more stable returns - in last weeks. Whats wrong with it?

Didn't say there wasn't more stable loots and mentioned it seemed overall better in the past week or so too. I even mentioned they might be spreading it around more for and since MM. Is that a bad thing? No, not really... BUT... how does such a large mining happen when there's not anything at all close in hunting? There was many people, no, not just Joker on here, but many people mentioning to me, toward the beginning of December that their loot % had gone way down. They were mentioning 30-40% returns. These are people that cycle thousands of peds per hunt. They have a pretty good idea of their overall return rate, bad hunts, good hunts and the differences. Then others, Helena, posted that same kind of information on here. Has it now leveled out? Did it just take time to spread it around? Dunno....

If the change is that they are spreading it around.. ok.... don't you think we should somehow be told that? Is it not then spread around for mining / crafting? Is it all one giant loot pool now with no separation of mob / occupation? That to me would be the most logical explanation for such a large mining ATH right after MM. Again, speculation but seems to make the most sense, to me at least.

Looking for explanation of some kind as something changed. That's what this thread is really about... what has changed???????????? Not a whining about bad loots thread.... heck I even got a HOF tonight. Joker must have been right off my radar.... ;)

We're all speculating about the loot being spread around for MM as that's what we've wanted for a long time. If MA has done this.. wouldn't it be a good thing for them to tell us? No real complaint from me if it's so other than not being told in some way by them. I'd think they'd advertise it lol

Evening out hunting loot isn't what 'we' want, it's what a vocal group on the forum want. I certainly never called for it and neither did a lot of others.

I think giving me an extra 10ped on my 1000ped hunt and robbing me of the chance of a 30k loot is BS. What's the point in hunting those big mobs like levi and prots if you remove (or reduce massively) the chance of that 100k loot?

I hope what's going on atm is just a random spike, if the hof board on hunting remains like this I may stop hunting altogether.

I hope what's going on atm is just a random spike, if the hof board on hunting remains like this I may stop hunting altogether.

I am looking into mining again...

hunting is 50-300$ loss a day

all i know is MA is back at offices... maybe things will change soon...

hope they enjoy the 1000$ i gave them while they had a nice vacation

Evening out hunting loot isn't what 'we' want, it's what a vocal group on the forum want. I certainly never called for it and neither did a lot of others.

I think giving me an extra 10ped on my 1000ped hunt and robbing me of the chance of a 30k loot is BS. What's the point in hunting those big mobs like levi and prots if you remove (or reduce massively) the chance of that 100k loot?

I don't see a reason for it not to be both ways.... seems there was huge hofs weekly and very bad loot returns for everyone. Leveling it out a bit I think is a good thing but there's NO reason there can't be large loots too, maybe just not as large? 30k is nothing really but over 200k? :/ Still doesn't explain what happened to the MM loot and the mining ATH right after MM. Or the other changes?

Edit........................others already have stopped.....

Last edited:
My own anecdotal evidence is that my hunting loot has been stable, and bad, but I don't turn over enough to measure it. But my mining loot shows two distinct kinks. About 20th December it turned much worse than normal. For 1200 bombs over 2 weeks (through MM), I didn't get a global (with a Lvl 5 amp). Then a week ago, the tap turned back on, and in the next 1000, I've had 6. But strangely, only 1 was a XIV, the rest were XV,XVI,XVII, and most globals with a Lvl 5 are normally XIV.
Now this may have been normal factors, but the low period was the longest over 10k bombs. However, it is also consistent with MA turning down the loot, then over-compensating by turning it back too high, and maybe this led to the ATH. A few days ago someone got 13k unamped (on Calypso, not FOMA).

Last edited:
Now this may have been normal factors, but the low period was the longest over 10k bombs. However, it is also consistent with MA turning down the loot, then over-compensating by turning it back too high, and maybe this led to the ATH. A few days ago someone got 13k unamped (on Calypso, not FOMA).

Interesting information and thoughts! Thanks for the input :)

The most common comments on loot I have seen is that it seems to be more even now, less ATHs and HoFs and less ups-and-downs (at least for hunting), better average (or at least shorter loss periods)...

Then a smaller group of people complaining because they seem to believe that "No ATHs = Worse overall loot" or because they personally have noticed no difference (some of them using what seems to be horribly uneco gear), but not gonna go further into that :rolleyes:

I've noticed a change in returns the last month or maybee a little less (hard to estimate accurate because of up/down periods). I keep track of my input/loot down to every pec spent and I'm using all UL maxed gear (adj fap, angel, cb26+dante) so can't be that bad eco. The trend since this summer has been pretty stable with ups and downs but within X cycled peds the X return has been pretty much stable. Now after "the change" it's also stable, but stable at a lower return %. Since the end of the summer I've cycled about 320k peds so it should be enough to have some figures I think.

Why all this confusions with loot atm? You guys thought the deeds payment would come from MA pocket? Naaa now we have more 60k "players" to split loot with... If you do some math, regular loot + deed payments you will find some ubberloots here and there...

I've noticed a change in returns the last month or maybee a little less (hard to estimate accurate because of up/down periods). I keep track of my input/loot down to every pec spent and I'm using all UL maxed gear (adj fap, angel, cb26+dante) so can't be that bad eco. The trend since this summer has been pretty stable with ups and downs but within X cycled peds the X return has been pretty much stable. Now after "the change" it's also stable, but stable at a lower return %. Since the end of the summer I've cycled about 320k peds so it should be enough to have some figures I think.

Someone else, I think it was Jennson, posted that he had the same average returns but with less ups and downs now than a few months ago... 70-200% now and 45-300% then. A lot of others I have spoken to or seen on the forum have said that their average loot seems better, or that the ups-and-downs are smaller.

Those who say they get lower returns (worse loot overall) seem to be mainly higher level people (or at least using higher level gear) and people who usually complain about loot no matter what :dunno:

Why all this confusions with loot atm? You guys thought the deeds payment would come from MA pocket? Naaa now we have more 60k "players" to split loot with... If you do some math, regular loot + deed payments you will find some ubberloots here and there...

The deed payment is based on revenue which, afaik, is calculated after loot payouts... I may be wrong though, but I haven't seen any good info to show either way :coffee:

i've noticed a change in returns the last month or maybee a little less ....... Now after "the change" it's also stable, but stable at a lower return %. since the end of the summer i've cycled about 320k peds so it should be enough to have some figures i think.

bingo .

i agree, that's what i think and in fact what i started writing this morning but didn't post in the end cuz i was too lazy to finish my text.

When i read what those guys wrote about distributing the loot more evenly, i didn't voice my thoughts cuz i thought why bother, MA has never listened to those requesting loot changes.

The extreme would be that you go out for 1k ped and return with 900 every time. Why would anybody go hunting ever again? The fun has always been about the chance of looting something awesome. And as Items have been extremely rare for a couple of years now, why would we go out to spend a shitload of money if the chance of looting big is as high as looting a nice item?

I, for one, haven't really been hunting since MM cuz i feel there is no way i can get back some of the money i lost. Cuz even if i "hit big", right now that seems to be too little to even matter. A 2k hof is certainly nice but wouldn't cover a tenth of what i lost in just one week.

And i usually don't bother to spend money on the chance to win "big", cuz if i finish with bad returns i can tell myself, owell, but i did have the chance to find something cool. But if i go out and return with 90% than it's just plain boring.

Regards
Thark

PS: i hope you get what i mean, basicly, why bother to hunt when you can't really win?

I should also add that I didn't even look at the tt returns part of my calcs after a while since it was so stable that I only had to worry about the MU.. Then when I noticed that somewhere I was leaking peds I became aware of the fact I mentioned in the other post.

The lower average TT returns would also not be a big problem if there was some MU left. But they killed MU before they nerfed returns so that parts makes it even harder ^^ Need to adept into the new changes somehow I guess or maybee it's just a down period for me that is longer than normal :)

Nighthawk, I don't feel like I'm complaining really. I'm just stating facts from my own calculations.

the 200k ped hof could also be because of a recent TTing of millions of peds of minearls :)

from 3 polish avatars that wont be named... since they failed to show up for the special meeting...

did i say that outloud?
call it another one of those hunches i get ;)
the meetings were in october/nov time i would have guessed... but not all was TTed and slowly it shall all be TTed

so look for mining returns to start to get better since a lot of minerals will be returned to loot slowly but surely

that big gang hof by a noob strange... the day was big TTing
a big melchi hof... strange was a TTing of melchi...

again who knows ;) call it a hunch

the 200k ped hof could also be because of a recent TTing of millions of peds of minearls :)

from 3 polish avatars that wont be named... since they failed to show up for the special meeting...

did i say that outloud?
call it another one of those hunches i get ;)
the meetings were in october/nov time i would have guessed... but not all was TTed and slowly it shall all be TTed

so look for mining returns to start to get better since a lot of minerals will be returned to loot slowly but surely

that big gang hof by a noob strange... the day was big TTing
a big melchi hof... strange was a TTing of melchi...

again who knows ;) call it a hunch

Can you share phone number of your pusher?

Nighthawk, I don't feel like I'm complaining really. I'm just stating facts from my own calculations.

And I never said you were complaining :)

Last thing you will ever get is an explanation or information from MA!

but the multiplier has not changed on all mobs,ive seen several big uberloots on argos + corns
in fact,argos + corns lead the hofboard most days

I can say that something was changed on hunt loot, yes only with hunt, mining and craft looks like they used to be.

This changes started when special MM spawns was introduced. At some point I can see why MA did that because Merry Mayhem is a team event and that way all players that joined will be happy, or at least less angry, at the end of the event. And I can even agree with this change for the week of Merry Mayhem only, no more time after event over.

Can't understand why a player is able to loot 200k ped on mining but on other hand a hunter can't even take something above 15k ped.

I believe that MA directed all the lost peds from hunt so we could see that huge ath on mining 2 days ago, because this year they will start the advertise and we need pretty good ath boards to show off, preferably with the 2012 date already on it.

PS: IMO CLD's has nothing do with this change on hunt loots.

Just my 2 pec about this subject.

Back