Question: I keep getting a message...

Dusk

Elite
Trinity Dusk Trinity
The message tells me the game will be shut down, although it never actually does.

It happens often if I fly out of a Mothership, or if I re-enter Calypso from space.

And today it happened teleporting across Eudoria.

Is anyone else getting this message in these circumstances or is it just me?

The message tells me the game will be shut down, although it never actually does.

It happens often if I fly out of a Mothership, or if I re-enter Calypso from space.

And today it happened teleporting across Eudoria.

Yes, I got those way too often before this or the last vu (I forget), but it would always acutally CTD me. Now it seems as though whatever bug caused me to crash before ... I no longer crash and just receive this message. So I don't really care so long as I can still play. I'll just let MA or whoever sort this error message out.

~Danimal

When your pc lags, EU temporarily freezes causing it to think that the game closed.

I only get it on my laptop which lags alot.

I was under the assumption that it was dealing with the in game chat mic thing. Which i never use anyways.

I always get these when I switch away from full screen. Seems to be harmless.

Happens every time I go to do something on my 2nd monitor and the game minimizes from full screen mode. Playing windowed it never happens.

Happens every time I go to do something on my 2nd monitor and the game minimizes from full screen mode. Playing windowed it never happens.

I always play windowed and this happens to me frequently

Almost always happens to me when I Tab out to open my web browser and especially if I click a music stream site.:scratch2: Yet voice doesn't stop working in game. I can hear other players on it still.:dunce:

Last edited:
Same for me since last vu or really just a week, sometimes I CTD and sometimes the annoying box just shows up

happens to me when i alt tab

I get this everytime I window out of the game

I get it everytime I visit the island with the Rex - Naval Base triton TP.

I'll change that to

playing windowed (which I do 95% of my playtime) it never happens to me

then :D

Its fantastic how humans interact with computers, and dont read what it is actually telling you.

the message said "Game has been shut down! Press ok to stop voice!"

how on earth do you convert that into

The message tells me the game will be shut down

??

And the error message clearly states its from Voice Chat, so probably the voice chat process reguarly checks weither EU is running and when alt tabbing and similar it looses connection with the game resulting in that error message.

it was just an observation , how ppl actually dont read error messages.

I get it all the time when i lock my comp, but seems to be limited to only 1 time per session for me.

Its fantastic how humans interact with computers, and dont read what it is actually telling you.

the message said "Game has been shut down! Press ok to stop voice!"

how on earth do you convert that into

??

And the error message clearly states its from Voice Chat, so probably the voice chat process reguarly checks weither EU is running and when alt tabbing and similar it looses connection with the game resulting in that error message.

it was just an observation , how ppl actually dont read error messages.

I get it all the time when i lock my comp, but seems to be limited to only 1 time per session for me.
Starting to feel like its Pendantic Monday.

As the message is clearly telling me that the game has been shut down, then you might want to explain why I never have to re-start it.

BTW - I don't use the Voice Chat, so I fail to understand why it would be running.

Anyway, I now know that I'm not the only one getting these messages. No doubt MindArk will tidy this up given time.

(its fantastic how humans sometimes interact with humans, too. :laugh: )

ease up :) my post was just a happy observation, i work with IT and the users are really really bad at reading error messages, im sorry if i in any way marked words :)

ease up :) my post was just a happy observation, i work with IT and the users are really really bad at reading error messages, im sorry if i in any way marked words :)
Sorry, I'm not having a good day at the moment. Not meaning to take things out on people.

BTW - I don't use the Voice Chat, so I fail to understand why it would be running.

you don't have the choice, the process is always running even if you don't use it personally.

First thing I did when the voice chat was added and then modded was to set my firewall to block it ;)

you don't have the choice, the process is always running even if you don't use it personally.

First thing I did when the voice chat was added and then modded was to set my firewall to block it ;)
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll be doing that too.

It always happens to me when ever I Alt + Tab or do anything that uses Audio ie watch a film on the other monitor ;)

Yip i get this too. hopefully ma will sort it out for us lot....

Small update needed MA!!!!!!!!

May the HOF be with you all :smoke::smoke::smoke:

Yip i get this too. hopefully ma will sort it out for us lot....

Small update needed MA!!!!!!!!

May the HOF be with you all :smoke::smoke::smoke:

should have done it Bigger

Small update needed MA!!!!!!!!!!

Back