I' m gonna cry... I was distracted and sold 10 CL Deeds for 500 ped

ToddFoxBurgess

Guardian
Society
Mine to Extract
Todd Fox Burgess
:( I got 500 PED for 10 land deeds at auction because I was distracted by my kid and Alvin and the Chipmunks. A whole years work wasted with one click. I have avatar skills for sale now. I be cashing out to avoid anything like this ever again.

Holy shite, that takes a surreal amount of bad luck... If you are really lucky the buyer might be someone here on the forum and is willing to give them back, I wouldn't count on it though.

When you got $1,200 worth of investment, you don't rush that sort of trade at the auction terminal.

If you submit an urgent support case "NOW" and you might be able to get this reversed at a cost. Better to try that than leave the game over it.

I can not believe in this case, MA will say sorry your fault...bye bye.

Do it this minute with a rough time that the trade went through, and if you got a screenie that might help. (although I couldn't upload screenie myself to support for another issue).

It's not over yet.

You might be lucky that someone bought them to return to you, if I had peds on card and saw the trade I would've done that.

Good luck, and put your skill sale on hold until you get an answer.

Rick

edit: if you bought these deeds do the right thing, or it just causes more delays when MA has to open up and investigate accounts. When it is a clear error such as this, it is not as simple as "all trades are final". So don't think you are being clever and got away with it. Might even get a free deed out of it, if the OP is feeling grateful.

Last edited:
Thank

Thanks for your kind words. I will keep hope and remember that my son is still more important than land deeds. But I look around once and accidentally picked up my CLD and dropped it in the auction thinking it was my Alpha west FOMA deed. the horror as I saw the click slip awy the Claypso Land deeds in auction. I saw it in slow motion and my heart stopped. My face was wide with horror. What a feeling .. I felt like as much of an idiot as an NHL er. Then alvin and his little friggin voice. arrggghhh. lol

That's less than 1300$ atm. You can easily make it back in 1 month time, I assume.

You've put 22k$ in Entropia already according to your own words. What's 1.3k by comparison?

You might wanna think about asking mods to edit thread title if you're serious about getting deeds back. Some won't consider helping out a whimpy crybaby.

If the mods want to edit the thread they can.. But to the common mortal $1300 is a lot of cash. I was playing off my land deeds and now I have no more source of revenue so yeah it made me feel like crying ...but I haven t yet ..... lol my kid says the same thing as you though. My kid says I should build it back and not give up. I sent in support case right way.

Last edited:
That's the spirit, we all make mistakes bud,

Im at 40k+ this year already for the past 6 years and have little to show for it but experience and good entertainment (sometimes bad but mostly good).

It is not how hard you fall, it is how well you bounce back ... and sure give it a while, a delayed bounce is normal ;)

Well selling out skills can cost you more even in the end. Take some time to accept the situation and give it some thought when you're out of emotion.

Mindark will never reverse an auction by the way Rick.

If you are lucky one of the good guys bought the deeds and will contact you with a very fair offer if he reads this.
However if one of the anti-social ones got a hold of it you're kinda screwed.

Hopy you get them back mate.

Gally

Its wierd but all the kind words make me feel happy I posted this thread. I think more than anything I had to vent . Second of all ..It s a warning to those who use auction while watching T.V. It s like texting and driving. Don t do it!

if someone is kind enough to cut me some slack.. hey.. that would be great. Happy New Year.

Best of luck, Todd! Hope someone steps up and does the right thing. :thumbup:

Ouch! I really hope it all can work out and the buyer will come forward. If not...well...that's the breaks my friend. Fingers crossed for you Sir.

If you submit an urgent support case "NOW" and you might be able to get this reversed at a cost. Better to try that than leave the game over it.

I can not believe in this case, MA will say sorry your fault...bye bye.

It's not over yet.

You might be lucky that someone bought them to return to you, if I had peds on card and saw the trade I would've done that.

Good luck, and put your skill sale on hold until you get an answer.

Rick

It's already over, all trades are final. MA will never reverse any auction auction, the seller already had a chance to read the warning window before trade was done.

To OP: if you quit the game, you definitely lose all. Try your best and earn back.

It's already over, all trades are final. MA will never reverse any auction auction, the seller already had a chance to read the warning window before trade was done.

To OP: if you quit the game, you definitely lose all. Try your best and earn back.
never say never...

Very sorry to hear this and since the vast majority of people are good, I hope it works out for you.

Best of luck.

I wouldnt sweat it, $1300, that vanishes with the ups and downs of the economy. That much goes just in items losing their value, you will HOF one day and get it back

<removed>
OT: Sorry to hear what happened to you. I have had a case in the past too where i lost a significant amount of peds. I wanted to quit too. But i just stayed ingame. After time passes by it heals the wounds/pedcard and it will feel much less worse when you look back. Do not let one fuckup mess it up for the long term. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a friend that bid 10k ped for a small ammount of oil. He contacted the person and managed to reverse the trade. Mught be harder for you when I suppose it sold on order/bo :-/ Hope the person reads this and realises that making you happy again is worth more then a few CLDs :) gl!

Very sad that this happened. I was looking at CLD's market value graph today, and saw that sale of your deeds was reflected on it...I sat there doing this::scratch2: and counting the amount of 0's that were missing from the real value. I hope that the buyer will come forward and return those to him, really, just think if you were in his shoes.:rolleyes:

Very sad to hear about such mistakes.. Similar people have made similar mistakes with even larger amounts of CLD's.

Mindark will not be able to do anything for you tho unless you got scammed (which is not the case). Sorry for your loss!

A whole years work wasted with one click.

Omg, I sry to hear that. All that time and effort and now it´s gone. I more than understand how you feel by now :(
You will be very lucky if you ever see that money/cld back, I hope that happen though.

gl /Jin

If the mods want to edit the thread they can.. But to the common mortal $1300 is a lot of cash. I was playing off my land deeds and now I have no more source of revenue so yeah it made me feel like crying ...but I haven t yet ..... lol my kid says the same thing as you though. My kid says I should build it back and not give up. I sent in support case right way.

Maybe you should let him be the father. Looks like he's got what it takes. ;)

No he is just a good kid and I'm raising him with honor and moral values. He does not have issues like some trolls do. :)

Maybe you should let him be the father. Looks like he's got what it takes. ;)

Takes a real man to show his emotions and softer side. My father used to rule by his fist and snooker cue, sadly for him he is now a lonely old man who's not seen his grown up children for 20 years+, and will never get to meet his grandchildren.

So a lot to be said for men with a good heart and moral values.

Rick

Takes a real man to show his emotions and softer side. My father used to rule by his fist and snooker cue, sadly for him he is now a lonely old man who's not seen his grown up children for 20 years+, and will never get to meet his grandchildren.

So a lot to be said for men with a good heart and moral values.

Rick

I was almost going to recommend that Mikass reads "The Road Less Travelled" but your reply pretty much hits the nail on the head :)

Link - http://www.bookdepository.com/book/9780712661157?redirected=true&gclid=CMWw2Izb2LQCFQhZpQod8R8A2w

Confronting and solving problems is a painful process which most of us attempt to avoid. Avoiding resolution results in greater pain and an inability to grow both mentally and spiritually. Drawing heavily on his own professional experience, Dr M. Scott Peck, a psychiatrist, suggests ways in which facing our difficulties - and suffering through the changes - can enable us to reach a higher level of self-understanding. He discusses the nature of loving relationships: how to distinguish dependency from love; how to become one's own person and how to be a more sensitive parent. This is a book that can show you how to embrace reality and yet achieve serenity and a richer existence. Hugely influential, it has now sold over six million copies - and has changed many people's lives round the globe. It may change yours.

Sorry to hear about your mistake.

Its not the end of the world. Dont stop playing the game you like because of this.

Over the years lots of people have done the same mistake. Last one I recall was someone selling an armax dna part for pennies, and the one who bought it ended up getting 12k (?) or more for it.

Im sure there is even bigger mistakes made.

Imagine all the items people TT'ed back in the days because they were so frequent that today is worth a nice lump of peds, or all those who invested big money buying an armor that today is worth half of what they paid for it.

Cheer up :)

Thx guys.. I could always count on this community when the going gets tough. Yeah... Ill get over it.. Ill regroup and this time Ill keep my deeds in storage this time.

since stuff like this has happened multiple times in the last few months, maybe it's time for Mindark to make is so that stacks of only one cld tall can be sold at a time in auction? You could sell more than one in auction, just have to use your auction slots and do them one by one.

This is an amazing idea Mastermesh!!!

Back