I' m gonna cry... I was distracted and sold 10 CL Deeds for 500 ped

sorry dude. I always keep mine in storage. If it makes you feel better I can see how you made the mistake thinking it was an apartment deed. I wish the buyer would make some compensation. It would have been obvious no one would sell them for that much on purpose.

Maybe if they don't want to "pay" you, they could give you the dividends for awhile. That way it's not "costing" the person anything and you get some of what your missing.

A transaction like this would have been invalid, if it had taken place "IRL".

Sadly, MA does not agree, that transactions in this real cash economy should follow the same principles are real transactions. ... This universe is just not very safe. :trout:

one wrong click in 5 years gonna make you leave :eyecrazy:
I really hope the buyer is honest, reads forum and you get them back. crossing fingers for you

well im not leaving.. ill sell some stuff... I might look like a noob again but Ill keep my skills...too much time involved. I was so upset yesterday that I wasn t thinking clearly. Venting helps and I have to admit that your support has made me change my mind about selling skills. I will concentrate on mining... I wouldn t want to cut back on all that exercise and fresh air and running freely through the wilderness. lol

Takes a real man to show his emotions and softer side. My father used to rule by his fist and snooker cue, sadly for him he is now a lonely old man who's not seen his grown up children for 20 years+, and will never get to meet his grandchildren.

So a lot to be said for men with a good heart and moral values.

Rick

I was almost going to recommend that Mikass reads "The Road Less Travelled" but your reply pretty much hits the nail on the head :)

Link - http://www.bookdepository.com/book/9780712661157?redirected=true&gclid=CMWw2Izb2LQCFQhZpQod8R8A2w

You're seeing things that aren't there. I've never said I'm against expressing one's feelings. I don't have a problem with that. I'm all for that. Was just pointing out guy could learn a thing or two from his son's attitude. It's a question of mindset not of catharsis(which I think it's very healthy btw).

Best advice ever and you said it yourself ;)

Maybe it would help if the CLD´s had the text CLD all over them?
I read about someone selling a MS for the price of a cld a few months ago also :S

Thx guys.. I could always count on this community when the going gets tough. Yeah... Ill get over it.. Ill regroup and this time Ill keep my deeds in storage this time.

You're seeing things that aren't there. I've never said I'm against expressing one's feelings. I don't have a problem with that. I'm all for that. Was just pointing out guy could learn a thing or two from his son's attitude. It's a question of mindset not of catharsis(which I think it's very healthy btw).

Ok well now you made that clearer, thanks :)

Mindset is always important, but seriously, it does go out the window in times of duress & stress.

Unless your a trained Avatar Master ofc :)
Om Mani Padme Hum = See the jewel within the lotus flower.

The kid is still innocent and probably does not understand the value of money enough to understand that $ 1,300 was a lot of money to lose, until the father lost his state of mind over it.

Ok Fox, start meditating for the next time :silly2:

Last edited:
If the can make you feel better, i lost 1500usd last 3 weeks on mm, and i had to work 60hours to lose it.. at least u lost it quickly and had not to work hardcore for it :ahh: (and i think 99% ppl participing mm lost shitload as well)

Man I feel for ya... and I hope the buyer is honest and does the right thing... but in my personal experience with these sort of mistakes, don't hold your breath.... I managed to locate the buyer in a similar situation a few months back and as far as I know, it did no good.

From one Canadian to another, if you need a hand with anything, look me up in the player register :)

In the future you might want to consider hanging the CLD's in an estate or leaving them in storage or in a storage container. I like mine hanging on the wall, and the ones our society owns are kept laying on a table in our HQ.

Best of luck mate.

XZC

If anything he has seen what the value of money is through my reaction. Poor kid felt bad. I had to rassure him that it wasn t his fault. I have to admit that I turned off the chipmunks right away though.. He was like "but why Daddy?".. I was probably white like a sheet.

Oh man! I am so sorry! I have 7 CLDs and keep them in a container in my storage so I have to really think about moving them if I want to do anything with them. I could go for an Item Lock feature, or something along those lines.

I could go for an Item Lock feature, or something along those lines.

I suggested this feature to MA years ago, but no luck:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?80736-Cheap-IMP-excavator-picked-up-from-auction&p=963239&viewfull=1#post963239

It's obvious that a certain level of protection is needed for our valuable in-game assets. I think MA could do a better job of helping people protect their assets. It shouldn't be that easy to make this type of mistake. Perhaps the auction could alert you to a buyout that is well below current markup. I'm open to other suggestions.

So the verdict is out and there is nothing Mindark can do. Oh well... lesson learned.

Perhaps the auction could alert you to a buyout that is well below current markup. I'm open to other suggestions.

Eve online has a similar thing, anything below 50% of mu and it tells you. and that's play money :( Ma need to sort it out!

So the verdict is out and there is nothing Mindark can do. Oh well... lesson learned.

It's an absolute disgrace. I hate seeing these threads pop up. +rep for moving on quick, I'd still probably be drinking at this point :/
Hope you get some right good luck now!!

expensive lesson but I like that point of view

ps. good you are not leaving :grouphug:

It's not really a lesson. He's been playing for years, and was careful all these years, except that ONE time when he was distracted RL.

It shouldn't be that easy to lose 1.3k USD with one click. My point is, you can double-check your accounting everyday for a year, but eventually you'll make a mistake. We're human, we make mistakes. You can be as careful as you want to be, but you will make a mistake.

The OP didn't need to learn a lesson he had already been practicing for years.

What needs to be done is an implementation of safeguards.

PS: The MA avatar during the CLD sale traded 500 CLDs in error. He was allowed a tradeback. Why not the players too :)

We're human, we make mistakes. You can be as careful as you want to be, but you will make a mistake.

PS: The MA avatar during the CLD sale traded 500 CLDs in error. He was allowed a tradeback. Why not the players too :)
Agreed. :wise: eventually it could happen to all of us.

Perhaps that guy make a mistake by handling the CLD back that easy ;)... he should have made a big Sign out of this :wtg:

Agreed. :wise: eventually it could happen to all of us.
I think something like that happend to the majority of people who are here for more than 5 years ... to me for shure :(

One thing is for sure is that ...I will invest elsewhere from now n.. I got 25% off telcom stocks over the last 5 years.. way less risky than clicking away $1.25 K with one click. It can t be a good investment if you can click it away with one click. Imagine if I had 100 deeds slip away for 500 ped.

I also realize that my mistake was partly caused because my apartment deed was restricted and when i dropped it in it didn t pass. so as my head was turned the deeds reorganized and i picked up the wrong stack. I never saw that the deed for the restricted appartment was not dropped in auction. I just picked up the same stack I was lined up with.

Last edited:
diablo3 has a 5 minute timer on auctions when you place them...for 5 minutes your auction wont show up to others, allowing you time to remove it if you placed it in error.

You going to walk away from $1,200 that easy??????

Have you had a response back from support yet? They might right now being doing what they can to help you.

I suggest you demand some action, if the response is not favourable. Make a stand.

You say above "there is nothing they can do", they are 'God' of the game, they can do anything f****ing thing they like.

LOL..well I need of some return in game, so not going to spell it out for you. You need to fight your own battles. Although I suggest you put up a fight if you stand for principle, morals and ethics.

Good luck

Rick

But his son wasn't the one that felt or incurred the loss....LOL. If daddy said, "sorry son but no birthday presents this year, daddy just lost his investments". I wonder if his sons response would've been so enthusiastic.

Would the son responded:

A: Lets fight it daddy to get yoour cash back
B: Screamed the house down, pleading for mercy
C: or said no worries dad, I'm already living the dream.

I vote B.

Rick

diablo3 has a 5 minute timer on auctions when you place them...for 5 minutes your auction wont show up to others, allowing you time to remove it if you placed it in error.

I was yesterday thinking that something similar to this would be a good thing for EU to prevent this kind of things to happen.

It's not really a lesson. He's been playing for years, and was careful all these years, except that ONE time when he was distracted RL.

It shouldn't be that easy to lose 1.3k USD with one click. My point is, you can double-check your accounting everyday for a year, but eventually you'll make a mistake. We're human, we make mistakes. You can be as careful as you want to be, but you will make a mistake.

SO true! It is not about the lesson here, people. One person learning a lesson doesn't prevent someone else's future mistake! Everyone is bound to make a mistake. The issue here is prevention. It would be so easy for MA to implement a safeguard. They could have at least used a different graphic!!! The fact that none of this has been done, and yet they still get back their 500 CLD's...well...it's just another straw on the camels back, and that camel is already pretty fucking overloaded.

it's just another straw on the camels back, and that camel is already pretty fucking overloaded.

This... MA mus understand that because of that issue they loose players and deposits, if people realize their money is all but safe they stop depositing or they quit, but we all know they rarely hear the playerbase :(

By posting here and daring to look like an idiot.. I am sorta puting up a fight. Am I not? I wrote to support and they answered that there is nothing they can do about it because I was warned by the auction window. You have to remember that Mindark are bankers with a banker s mentallity and they are not here for your blue eyes. The Universe is a dog eat dog place when bankers run the show.. see the real world for proof. . Don t you think they are laughing when they see us running around with our little reindeer antenas and wacking each other with trouts?

Yeah, let's make a big flame on MA, screw them, they have no morality

When that idiot employee of MA sold 500 CLD and got the trade back was that good MA?

At least I hope you have fired that idiot

Give these man a trade back or at least give him the name of the buyer so he can contact him and maybe ask for some back

since stuff like this has happened multiple times in the last few months, maybe it's time for Mindark to make is so that stacks of only one cld tall can be sold at a time in auction? You could sell more than one in auction, just have to use your auction slots and do them one by one.
I can commiserate with OP, that must have been a truly horrible experience, but - to be honest if I had spotted that sale (with my highest ever balance never going above about that amount) I would be struggling with my conscience/and/or willing to take whatever fate or karma threw my way, whilst considering the morality of taking it.
However, there have been multiple 'totally extraordinary' sales results threads, OK - yours isn't quite "OMG I TTed a level 5 ore AMP!"
Contrary to mastermesh's idea; it would be simple for the auction system to give a clear warning that you are about to sell something well out of the range of its MU. No?

some mofos just don t have a concience. And in this type of world it gives them the edge. Im honest so I.m the idiot.

Back