I' m gonna cry... I was distracted and sold 10 CL Deeds for 500 ped

Feel for you bud.
But i could only advise you to take a nice little break, clear your head and build on an appetite to come back and get going. Just don't rush things and make decisions that you may regret later.

However, there have been multiple 'totally extraordinary' sales results threads, OK - yours isn't quite "OMG I TTed a level 5 ore AMP!"
Contrary to mastermesh's idea; it would be simple for the auction system to give a clear warning that you are about to sell something well out of the range of its MU. No?

Hey! When someone TT'd a UL amp by mistake, MA responded by allowing restoration of it via $100 penalty.

If MA can do that for mistakenly-TT'd items, they can do something about mistaken auctions too!

C'mon people let's start the petition :D!

Hey! When someone TT'd a UL amp by mistake, MA responded by allowing restoration of it via $100 penalty.

If MA can do that for mistakenly-TT'd items, they can do something about mistaken auctions too!

the amp affects 1 player.. an auction affects both.

You can't penalize the buyer for getting a good deal, and that is essentially what you would be doing if you took that away from him.

Mindark does not need thousands of support cases from regretful sellers because they did not mean to sell something. This would require more staff , and would increase the cost to play.

Bottom line, shit sucks, but mindark should not reverse anything. Its life, and life is not always fair. Learn from your mistakes , we all have them.

I wouldnt make any big decisions like chipping out without thinkign it through. You might regret the cld thing even more if you chip out over it and loose more.

I agree because this sale to auction was an obvious and clear mistake even to the buyer and i dont see why MA couldnt reverse it because even before you login it says they (MA) can do what ever they want!

If I where u I would rent a nice movie, buy some chips and coke....light some candles and shoot my head off with a shotgun :D Nah Im feeling for u...about MA reversing the trade, wont happend.

not the same answer I had from MA

By posting here and daring to look like an idiot.. I am sorta puting up a fight. Am I not? I wrote to support and they answered that there is nothing they can do about it because I was warned by the auction window. You have to remember that Mindark are bankers with a banker s mentallity and they are not here for your blue eyes. The Universe is a dog eat dog place when bankers run the show.. see the real world for proof. . Don t you think they are laughing when they see us running around with our little reindeer antenas and wacking each other with trouts?
I complained about being scammed out of 50 ped - in a 'all trades final' deal, to try and get the scammer banned. MA suggested I contact my local police, and they would co-operate, (Sweden to Scotland for $5 USD LOL) - here is a matter of a sum that would make most cops I know sit up and listen, and it could quite easily be called (In Scotland) "Theft By Finding". i.e. if you dropped your wallet with a ton of cash and someone found it, and MA has the records to prove it...............................nah?

Its obvious what you have to do now.....

Sweat 1,200usd worth of sweat before depositing again.

This thread is worth a lot in itself lol. Thx guys and gals.

If the CLD's were purchased with PEDs that were illicit, You can bet that MA would lock any account that was any way involved with the transaction.

Too bad MA only protects themselves.

If you submit an urgent support case "NOW" and you might be able to get this reversed at a cost. Better to try that than leave the game over it.

This works in the case of a Player VS MindArk transaction. A Player VS Player transaction is more complicated. If the transaction were reversed, it may have non-obvious consequences for the buyer of the CLDs. Having 500 PED tied up for a few hours could realistically be a hindrance; for instance, the buyer may have purchased the CLDs at the cost of another limited-time opportunity.

This economic loss is not likely to be nearly as damaging as the TC's loss. Still, one might argue that the buyer did NOT make a game play mistake, while the TC did make a game play mistake, thus the TC ought to bear the consequences. I think it's one of those questions that resolve to whether folks view Entropia as a game, or not.

None-the-less, I do hope the buyer chooses to work something out. Hopefully no one has to quit the game over this. As many threads have been popping up like this one, I suspect our long-awaited item lock may be in the works for 2013. :)

This is really a shame mate. I agree with everyone else: I really hope the buyer decides to do that right thing, and a the very least offer to sell them back to you at a 50% discount. MA might be able to tell you who it was that bought that particular auction, so you can add them to your Friend List and try to convince him or her, but I don't think MA really supply that information. It's worth trying though, imho.

I can't believe how many people are suggesting MA should make an exception or change policy. Rules are clear "all trades are final". What if guy who bought these sold them already and bought say an armor set? What then? Sell that guy's armor set to TT and give this guy his deeds back? Even if he still has those deeds, do what? Take the deeds back and tell the guy "sry you thought you bought a bargain but you didn't, tough luck - next time don't trust our own rules anymore because we're anti-business and we change the rules on the fly after every thread that pulls a tantrum". Or should MA compensate from their own pocket perhaps, meaning our collective pocket basically?

Previous poster made a great suggestion about setting up similar system as to what they have in Diablo3. Allow a 5min interval after item is auctioned to change your mind. Item is in limbo in that 5minute interval, not yet auctioned. It's basically a safety mechanism against such accidental occurrences.

Last edited:

Five 5 min interval would have been great... I didn t even have 2 seconds. It had to have been be bought through an order. Obviously this other game I won t name is a little more evolved in this case... than this game. :)

Last edited:
Five 5 min interval would have been great... I didn t even have 2 seconds. It had to have been be bought through an order. Obviously Diablo is a little more evolved than this game.
be careful mentioning other games here... ;)

Five 5 min interval would have been great... I didn t even have 2 seconds. It had to have been be bought through an order. Obviously Diablo is a little more evolved than this game.

More evolved in this particular case but their auction system is poorly designed and primitive compared to Entropia`s.

to balance things out... I had no REAL issue with EU until that brain cramp / finger slip. I think Entropia is awesome even if I think that they are not exploiting its full potential as a multimedia and marketing platform.

That's actually a good idea. You should submit a support ticket asking them to give you the name of the buyer. If they won't reverse the trade (which makes sense, since the buyer would get mildly screwed over and with no warning), they should at least give you his/her name so you could ASK them.

For all we know, the buyer might have felt really bad if they knew the circumstances and saw this thread.

Unfortunate appeal Fox,
Sad to see Alvin moreso your child as a distraction.

Few things
Dont play whilst entertaining young ones!
and
Keep ya eye on the stacks and figures.

Very nice of you to fess to a goof, I've made many too and I feel for you!

GL in the recovery room ;)

5min delay on auction? So i get back from a hunt and want to dump some oils on an order so I can get hunting again but I have to wait 5mins for the auction to clear. I do that a few times a day and i've lost 15mins, 100 people do the same and MA lose out on 25 hours hunting.

I feel for the OP but this is another case of trading/auctioning an item he didn't want to, put a lock item system in place and this is solved without screwing with the auction.

But we cant forget to Gratz the buyer! (I cant name a name, but if someone remember spaceship buyer (bought spaceship for 1300ped), then i am almost certain he is that guy again, cant say why but yeah i have my reasons to believe it very very very strongly;) )
I wonder if you would contact him, would he again reply "I am from poor country "

I keep my deeds in different colored storage boxes, one box for LA+Shed, one for CLDs and one for property deeds. This way I cant mix em up when selling.
I wouldn't be happy if I sold LA deed if I was thinking I sell a CLD :D

to balance things out... I had no REAL issue with EU until that brain cramp / finger slip. I think Entropia is awesome even if I think that they are not exploiting its full potential as a multimedia and marketing platform.

So... do you have a real issue with EU now?

If so, is it only because you made a mistake? :scratch2:

:( I got 500 PED for 10 land deeds at auction because I was distracted by my kid and Alvin and the Chipmunks. A whole years work wasted with one click. I have avatar skills for sale now. I be cashing out to avoid anything like this ever again.

You are not the first idiot in the line and for sure not the last. i hope you have learn it the expensiv way:dunce:

a 1250$ mistake because the deed i dropped into the window was refused and the my deeds reorganized. I think the system needs fine tuning. I think that it happened because of a combination of circumstance and system design. If my deeds did not reorganize because auction failed to recieve the deed I dropped in, I would of picked up the deed that was already lined up with my curser before my head was turned and not my stack of 10 CLDs.

a 1250$ mistake because the deed i dropped into the window was refused and the my deeds reorganized. I think the system needs fine tuning. I think that it happened because of a combination of circumstance and system design. If my deeds did not reorganize because auction failed to recieve the deed I dropped in, I would of picked up the deed that was already lined up with my curser before my head was turned and not my stack of 10 CLDs.

Deeds dont deorganize, unless you make em. Refused deed goes back to place where it was taken or any free spot, Other deeds are not influenced by that. You can test it out ;)
Sorry for your lost, but you cant blame the system.
And furthermore, you wanted to sell one deed at 500ped? Or some other deed, they look different.

5min delay on auction? So i get back from a hunt and want to dump some oils on an order so I can get hunting again but I have to wait 5mins for the auction to clear.

Well something needs to change, perhaps the grace period could be bypassed with a option or check box..and/or not affect orders.

Back