I Made It!

actually, I liked it and didn't think it was that harsh. so, they're swedish, huh? seems the swedes are producing quite a bit of heavier material these days. they must have overdosed on abba all those years ago.

Great! :)

Just the excuse I needed to post a couple more from the same album. ;)

[YOUTUBE]c6cKTpNXxtY[/YOUTUBE]

and

[YOUTUBE]QEmIl6zYlpU[/YOUTUBE]

Hmm I agree with red on Modest Mouse, you posted their best track first.

I like my music with some meat to it, but couldn't help but feel the King Crimson track was more discordant jazz, not something I really 'get'. Leaning towards progressive rock as I appreciate a reinforced idea and flow. I like Jazz, but I need to hear something grounded with discernible direction. So it's the likes of Genesis, which along with Abba, many people got far too much of.

You did get me thinking about how much I love the sound of saxaphone and bass, this is very typical for what I like, relaxing with a natural flow, while schizoid man just felt show-off style with less substance.
[YOUTUBE]38J1DdW1J0s[/YOUTUBE]

I was going to come along to music appreciation club with a fav. from Spocks Beard, with an epic 27min play time, but it's posted in segments ;D

So instead how about something truly great from an awesome band, to me this is very much like looking in space for alien life, when we know so little about the oceans of the world. I love exploring something that was right under my nose, like the packet of sweets or the forgotten stash of cash behind the sofa.

[YOUTUBE]CohG31ecYfA[/YOUTUBE]
I like this esp. as I think it fits with a wilderness/exploratory theme for Entropia,

Wow that Wishbone Ash sent me way back listening to my older sisters stuff along with some of the story / anthem type rock.

Starts with Cat Stevens Buddah and the Chocolatebox, melds into Rick Wakemans Journey to the center of the Earth, then to Rush's 2112 and Caress of Steel albums.

I flashed on some old ELO but thats off the beaten path for this I think.

I will have to check out more of VWoA's stuff that caught my ear nicely in the mood I have been in as of late.

woot, i just looted Popa Chubby Harness (M)!

(too bad its L)

Even if it is not understandable (but one of the reasons I tried to learn irish), an absoltely amazing voice and absolutley no special effects and electronics :D

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgkybQkgYE0[/YOUTUBE]

Did I hear someone mention Daft Punk?!? :D

WARNING: This video has been found to be rather addicting!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhAao_Wa0C8[/YOUTUBE]

Daft Punk is doing the music for this movie. Perfect match. They also created the music for this trailer specifically just for this trailer.

BTW, did you guys know Daft Punk made a full animated movie for there album "Discovery"? It was pretty cool. :cool:

You want a laugh?

This is from the funniest television show EVER! It's music related...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBsE4ICwivA[/YOUTUBE]

I KNOW "Three Times One Minus One" would be a great team name for a duo team. I envision an ATH for a team using this name! :silly2:

P.S. Should I change the name of this thread to "The Musical RE-education of Jeoff"?

woot, i just looted Popa Chubby Harness (M)!

(too bad its L)

:rofl: Skippie :laugh:

Lots more music videos to catch up on I see! :)

Interesting thread for sure. :thumbup:

=(

Yep link works OK but...it's just pop isn't it?

Doesn't really seem to fit in with the trend of this thread...no offence meant though mate. ;)

What I meant was if the video was visible in the thread like the other videos before Commodore's post. :(

It seems either the recent EF upgrade caused this, or a YouTUBE upgrade caused this.

P.S. La Roux is...........GOOD! That's my opinion. :D

What I meant was if the video was visible in the thread like the other videos before Commodore's post. :(

It seems either the recent EF upgrade caused this, or a YouTUBE upgrade caused this.

P.S. La Roux is...........GOOD! That's my opinion. :D

Oh, embedding was disabled in that video I think, that's why it didn't show and you had to click through the link.

Not disrespecting La Roux nor your musical tastes of course, only that I felt the song didn't fit the Rocktropia theme nor the trend of this thread.

Oh, embedding was disabled in that video I think, that's why it didn't show and you had to click through the link.

Not disrespecting La Roux nor your musical tastes of course, only that I felt the song didn't fit the Rocktropia theme nor the trend of this thread.

Thanks Oracle! :)

Seems odd that almost ALL my YouTUBE links worked before. Guess I just picked some lucky videos!

OK how about this video...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWrFWczFh2s[/YOUTUBE]

I like QOTSA. My favorite song is "No One Knows". This song is a probably my third favorite!

]Seems odd that almost ALL my YouTUBE links worked before. Guess I just picked some lucky videos!

there's a little check box called "automatically parse links in text" that you have to uncheck just under the editor in additional options. if you do that it should embed the your tube selection properly.

like this:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mB0tP1I-14[/YOUTUBE]

since you had that la roux song, I decided to throw in lay gaga, becuase she makes me laugh. perhaps, rockropia needs to up the sex content a bit in it's offering. HA!

I decided to throw in lay gaga, becuase she makes me laugh. perhaps, rockropia needs to up the sex content a bit in it's offering. HA!

I'll let you off with posting that Gaga pop stuff Kira coz you've already gained uber-status credibility in the musical taste field by posting those Stranglers songs (that I'm playing all the time now)! ;)

Whatever next in this thread though...Christina Aguilera's 'Dirty'? :eek: ;)

Whatever next in this thread though...Christina Aguilera's 'Dirty'? :eek: ;)

I'd be okay with that one, as well, except for the mud.

however, I still prefer the stranglers.

but, let's totally lose any credibility I ever had...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGL4btEIoTo9[/youtube]

I don't need it anyways. it gets in the way.

Last edited:
the actual vid

Well, Jeoff here is their full music video.

[YOUTUBE]F_7baOCYg-Q[/YOUTUBE]​

I just saw it and wanted to share it with the EU community.
Although I did not think much of the video I still think this song is one of the best I've heard from Kevin Rudolph. I love it!!
"I TOLD YOU TO LET IT ROCK! ROCK!!!!"​

Last edited:
Chart placings these days typically reflect the amount of exposure a song gets, not necessarily how good it is. I doubt it'll make top 10, in fact I'd be surprised if this made Top 40 in the UK since I don't think it's been picked up by Radio 1. I'm not sure if it's on commercial station playlists, if it is then it might do OK.

It seems 'I Made It' failed to chart in the UK.

Proof that you should always listen to me :D

Awesome work Kevin Bro!! Love the song.

Thank you!

Well, Jeoff here is their full music video.

[YOUTUBE]F_7baOCYg-Q[/YOUTUBE]​

I just saw it and wanted to share it with the EU community.
Although I did not think much of the video I still think this song is one of the best I've heard from Kevin Rudolph. I love it!!
"I TOLD YOU TO LET IT ROCK! ROCK!!!!"​

Thanks Bambuco! :)

I saw the official video already myself and agree with you that the video is not that great. It actually seems like they didn't really care how the video would turn out. It seems very generic.

BUT, I love the song! :D

Back