I miss beacons.

old ones were better i think - at least from what i can tell watching videos of the new ones

no one i know ever seems to do them now when years ago there was a time i got to join in an many of them

no matter now i would just pass on them anyway

Old ones where way more fun. We did them on a regular weekly base, sometimes even several a day. Yes i miss them mucho. Great soc. team activity.

Who's going to go in and tag the Boss?!! Nooo wait and don't fall into that trench again please Fanta @ Boss lvl. :banghead:

Who is stopping people doing Beacons with Jester D2 + a 102 and a shogun??? :D
Stuff was really hard and that feeling won't come back from beacons. There's RDI these days to make (almost) anyone feel like flies :)

The old Beacons, where an actual ship appeared in the sky, lands and puts down a ramp for the team to run up and enter the ship to take you away was awesome.

MA really needs to look at and fix the Robot Scrap Metal used to craft the beacons. They no longer drop in loot for many years, making the BPs from crafting useless..
If Robot Scrap Metal was added back to Beacon loot, might be worth doing again. @Ludvig|MindArk @MindArkSupport|Heimdall @My|MindArk @Dennis|MindArk

The old Beacons, where an actual ship appeared in the sky, lands and puts down a ramp for the team to run up and enter the ship to take you away was awesome.

MA really needs to look at and fix the Robot Scrap Metal used to craft the beacons. They no longer drop in loot for many years, making the BPs from crafting useless..
If Robot Scrap Metal was added back to Beacon loot, might be worth doing again. @Ludvig|MindArk @MindArkSupport|Heimdall @My|MindArk @Dennis|MindArk
As well as components to craft mechanomatrix units...

The ones today aren't the beacons I'm talking about. Miners of old know the ones I'm talking about. We've followed the stange signal. We've battled the robots to press the red button.

Yes strange signals were nice and the robot ship you had to press button on.
Also old pre CE2 beacons were better, calling ship down, running up the ramp, also the old layout was way more fun i think overall.
Maybe i just old though, and are good memories.

Beacons were 10x more fun in the past. The fact you needed runners(even noobs could do it) to open up boxes in time, and understanding which level who is taking care of required strategy and planning.

No its not nostalgia, they were more challenging and fun - thats a fact.
I did many in the past, I've done 2 of the new ones, because it was pure boredom, no suspense, no challange ...

You could not solo the ones in the past (not because of dps, but because you needed enough ppl to open up all the boxes in time).
Thats what made it great too.

Back