I miss Wiki

Bones

Elite
In the Refrigerator, Behind the Mayonnaise, Next t
Society
Skillin Villains
Bare BareBones Bones
I don't always appreciate you Wiki , not as much as I should.

When you are gone I miss the special way you provide me with hp info.

No weapons compare can compare with your weapons compare.

It's all the little info tidbits that no other site can give in one easy location.

Please come back , I miss you and promise to not complain when you are slow , Its not your fault I push ALL on the charts when I don't really need ALL the weapons or creatures.

Love Bones

Huh? As in Entropedia? It’s still there?

looks the same as it always has too me

Please come back my love, wouldnt survive mayhem without you. I promise ill update some missing info and finally create account ! :love::love::love::love:

It would be nice if we could get some mirrors of this setup to prevent it going down... I'd be happy to host a copy but I need the whole site not just an outdate copy of the database.

Valuable Hint:
Once the wiki is up and running again, you can download the data of your favoured lists as .csv files and save them in Excel sheets, so you have the data to play with. They may need some adjustment, but then they work for you as desired and can be your fallback option.

This Wiki is priceless!

My 19+ years of experience with MA let me do this just a short while ago, so thank god I am not too desperate atm.

Surprise, surprise...

Surprise, surprise...
What's this BS? lol You trying to stick it to people that didn't heed your sage advice to download copies of the data? lol You posted the same thing on 2 sperate threads.

I've personally got spreadsheets of the most common data... but it's the tools (like the chip in calculator that the formula for is kept some big F$@%ing secret for no reason) and obscure data that sucks to lose access too due to no redundancy in their web architecture. We honestly shouldn't have to maintain our own spreadsheet copies of this data when having mirrors setup would solve the problem.

I mean, what's next? Convert the contents of wikipedia to punch card for the day the internet fad passes? lol

reminds me of that song miss america

do we know why its down?

Use Google to find the item by name, but open it with the cached version.
If something needs to be sorted, it is a problem, but basic data on this item can still be taken.

1111111111111111111.jpg

db content zip links are dead :/
hope someone have access and fix it
we need entropiawiki :(

because MA took it over instead of leaving it to us to fix it
Pretty sure MA just offered to host it because no one else stepped up to foot the bill to do so.

Problem is too that there is exactly zero info on who should be contacted in regards to the site being down. Only thing we can do post here and HOPE that the individual eventually realizes there is a problem and fixes it.

MindArk owns and hosts EntropiaWiki.com, since about 2 years ago.

@711 technically is responsible for the entropiawiki page, since MA never is responsible for anything.

Last edited:
Last time it broke, I think it happened right before the weekend too. Means nobody will be in till Monday to fix. Haha always the way!

Nice effort. my main reason for using the wiki these days is to search what mats are used for. Any plans to introduce a search function?
That one is a bit more complex, but yes.

The plug-in that I'm using can't do what's needed for this out if the box, or if it does, I haven't figured it out yet. I might have to roll my own solution which will take some time.

First though, I'll focus on the low hanging fruit of weapons, armor, and tool stats.

I've kicked a few hamsters and EntropiaWiki is now back online.
While the site was down, I was exploring the SQL dump from 2018. It seems to me that there are a couple table missing ( Finders and Professions ( Activities ) ). Am I missing something? Maybe a new dump could be created?

note to self to download some csv charts.

I have a question. Forgive me if this is stupid. But how hard would it be to take the data dump. And build a brand new wiki from scratch that is more up to date with this centuries technology?

Sadly MindArk somehow "owns", but also doesn't own the Wiki.
Other than all the other game providers, MA does not provide any own database about their product.
Because it is so dearly needed, the Wiki is 100% player made to fill this huge gap .
MA does nothing, but providing some server capacity to run the stone aged system, when the old gamers stopped providing the needed server capacity.
The Wiki lacks active ppl, who fully understand what happens there.
The only administrator, who had an understanding of what happens on Wiki got hired and fired by MA, so he lost interest to continue filling MAs gaps.
Sadly I personally lack any understanding of what happens on Wiki, so i only can provide some MU% updates or item stats, when i find them.

Last edited:
Back