I need advice from someone experienced

I've been in entropy for 3 years ... I'm level 48 in laser and blp, I think I've grown a lot without having to buy skills .... sometimes craft, sometimes mine, and I hunt a lot ... I like this game but I see that it does not work well, or that I do not do things correctly ...

in all this time, only two hofs, and have not even reached 1k ....

Therefore, I think I need advice from someone with experience, who has been here for years and who does not contribute, or who contributes little ... I know that this type of people here are reluctant to share their secrets, but I would not ask they will reveal the secrets of the universe, I just need indications on how to hunt or mine or crafte that will allow me to grow at last, and to be able to maintain myself ...

It's frustrating to see continuous 4k ath ... it's frustrating to hunt for hours on a wave, and see how another comes and kills the mob next to you and pulls out a hof ... I think you understand me

Anyway, any constructive help was welcome ... you can contact me in the game (Franki Fenix Amador) or by my e-mail (sir-stephen@hotmail.com), or here in this forum ... and above all thanks for the help you can give me ...

you are comparing getting big hofs with maintaining yourself. both doesnt really have much to do with one another.
for example if you wanne get hofs en masse, just lwoer your dpp. buy an uneco UL piron gun, attach an uneco evil amp or something and enjoy ur hofs all over the place.
does that mean you can maintain yourself? no. most likely not. most likely not even close.

for example im using one of the fen guns with around 3.3 dpp and im not getting hofs and mostly not even globals. but i can maintain myself quite easily.the lower your dpp the higher the average loot. which means you kill a mob that costs 1 ped to kill at 3 dpp and you get a 25x multiplier (which seems to be around the maximum non rare multi nowadays) then your loot will be 25 peds. now you kill the same mob with a 1.5 dpp setup so you need 2 peds to kill it. you now get the same 25x multi and your loot will be 50 peds. a global.

dont chase the hofs.

Already 3 years in the game and you still can't see the dynamic thingy ? :rolleyes:

Have you participate in any mayhem competition, aiming for the 1st placing ?

you are comparing getting big hofs with maintaining yourself. both doesnt really have much to do with one another.
for example if you wanne get hofs en masse, just lwoer your dpp. buy an uneco UL piron gun, attach an uneco evil amp or something and enjoy ur hofs all over the place.
does that mean you can maintain yourself? no. most likely not. most likely not even close.

for example im using one of the fen guns with around 3.3 dpp and im not getting hofs and mostly not even globals. but i can maintain myself quite easily.the lower your dpp the higher the average loot. which means you kill a mob that costs 1 ped to kill at 3 dpp and you get a 25x multiplier (which seems to be around the maximum non rare multi nowadays) then your loot will be 25 peds. now you kill the same mob with a 1.5 dpp setup so you need 2 peds to kill it. you now get the same 25x multi and your loot will be 50 peds. a global.

dont chase the hofs.

I wonder how much you have spent to get that FEN gun :)

I have been playing 7 years, highest loot was 1471 ped about 3 years ago. As mentioned above, it is not about globals and hofs its about the cost to maintain your game play. Good luck

Already 3 years in the game and you still can't see the dynamic thingy ? :rolleyes:

Have you participate in any mayhem competition, aiming for the 1st placing ?

sorry, but i dont understand the dinamic yet.... and i cant participate in any massive event, because i cant put here 1k dollars for it....

dont chase the hofs.

is a good answer, and ty for it... but, you are talking about FEN weapons, then i suppossed a good bankroll... and the way for it? is the question...

anyway, ty, and i look for a better weapon...

Im far from an expert but whats you turnover ?

Whats your average size of a hunt and Do you keep record of your returns ?

Actually, I can not contribute as much as I would like, but I usually do rounds of 50-100peds, and almost always I finish 50% of returns ... with that margin, in the end I just tt'ing everything ... a disaster normally.

But the problem that I see is the low return and the lack of global, in comparison with other avatars that I see. That worries me.

an example: the mission Sea Wraith in Cyrene ... 3k, 6k and 9k mobs ... my wife took two hof of 400 peds in it (very rare a hof in those mobs !!!!), while I did more or less to your pair, and do not take anything, using the same weapons (batsim R1).

Regarding the mining company, level 26 prospector, it seems that I never hit the ground ... my wife, with less level, brings out more global and better mining.

The manufacture, well, exp II, conductors I and some more .... regular, although I think it could go better.

ty for the answer.

Indeed ^^

According to MA : Net return cycling for 100,000 PED since VU 15.15: 97.29%

you need to ask yourself this question:

When was my run profitable?

Maybe also ask:

Where was my run profitable?

and ask:

Why was my run profitable?

then ask yourself:

What can I do to duplicate that result?

My advice..
If you enjoy the game (and you are here after one year so I guess you do)
If you can afford to play (and that would also seem to be a yes)
Then have fun.. and to hell with what others get. A large percentage of those HOFs and Globals are overall losses, or maybe they saved the day and gave a break even. A goodly percentage of players also fib about their returns.

Try to stay eco, no point in throwing money at MA
Most importantly have fun, it's a game :)

Sooner or later you will see those swirlies, and not having worried about them makes them a nice surprise when you do.
In terms of extended and affordable game play steady returns are far more important than swirlies
Check weapon has a good efficiency rating
Check Armour is eco to use and suited to the mobs you hunt, or better yet don't wear armour, die a little and get more evade and heal skills.
(Probably worth spending the time/ped on the Viceroy mission on Ark for a nice eco armour, if you didn't already)
Try to stay hunting mobs appropriate to your skill level, the biggest ped waster in game is our impatience to try something bigger. Do it but only occasionally for the hell of it :)

MA have created a game - we the players decide how we play it and what is important to us
Consider yourself and your own game targets and forget about what others are getting, jealousy will suck all the joy out of it otherwise

Actually, I can not contribute as much as I would like, but I usually do rounds of 50-100peds, and almost always I finish 50% of returns ... with that margin, in the end I just tt'ing everything ... a disaster normally.

With that small bankroll, dont go above L5-6 mobs, think that is the main problem here.
Stick to Adj Bukins or Z12 from starter pack. Get yourself an A101 amp, it looks fairly expencive, but it increase your efficency and you don´t have to pay MU for L amps.
Avoid healing as much as possible, use a armor instead.
Don´t expect globals or HoFs, at least not big ones, those low mobs can global below 50 PEDs aswell.

With a 100 PED hunt going on comon mobs that are good to global on it is pure gambling, all or nothing as the variance is much to high and your number of kills to low to average out the low loots, speak missing multiplyers.

I know its hard for a L46 hunter to go that low, but your bankroll does not allow much more to be honest.

Its fairly simple:
If mob cost 1 PED to kill then you can kill only 100 mobs, but hunt a mob that costs 10-20 pec a kill, then you can kill 500-1k mobs.

Next problem I see is the bold red part of your statement.
Better sell to a reseller, even 0.5% MU for comon loots is better than no MU. TT is not your friend, to maintain your hunting you need to sell with MU. The higher the MU the better for you.
Here you need to try many of that small mobs, and find out which one drops you the best MU. I don´t want to tell you which one, thats something everybody has to find himself, because as soon someone tells it, it doesn´t work anymore in really short time. To many will jump the boat and kill that MU!

Regarding the mining company, level 26 prospector, it seems that I never hit the ground ... my wife, with less level, brings out more global and better mining.
The same here, it does not need globals and HoFs, it does need MU.
Check the market what ores and enmatters have good MU, and then go out find them.
Many of the rar resources are not likely to global at all, and often you find more of it when going unamped, but use a tired finder with deep enhancers.
If you just want to see globals, add some L5+ amps and drop probes like crazy. You will get some nice comon ore/enmatter globals, but not much MU. Thats not the way to maintain your mining.
Avoid areas that have to many low MU ores.

The manufacture, well, exp II, conductors I and some more .... regular, although I think it could go better.

And again: Explo BP = moneysink.
There is no MU in Explo - 101%-102% thats it. Explo is gambling against the houes, but the house always wins.
Some Explo gamblers may be lucky and profit from it, but thats exceptions not the rule.
If you want serious crafting at low budget, check the components. A lot of them have nice MU at 125%+ while the resources to craft it can be bought around 102-105%. Thats good BPs to skill and maintain your crafting.
To sell the resources make contacts with other crafters who need this components. Always better to soll P2P.
Or stack enough to make auctioning worth. Auction fees will eat your MU on to small stacks.
There is also some other cheap options to craft, if you aim on BP drops.
Some L BPs have really good MUs, which can turn your craft from a loss into a profit.

Depends what you want from the game, if you wish to profit/breakeven then everything youre doing is very suboptimal and many changes are needed. If you just wanna do missions, hunt whatever and skill up for fun then just have to ask yourself if youre still having fun, if you are continue, if not try something difference. Maybe some mindforce or some melee.

Try not to worry about the luck of your wifes ava (tho grats to her) nature of variance and randomness means no two people doing the same stuff will have identicle results, infact they can vary wildly. If you just seek hofs/globals just up your cost to kill, guns like batsim hardly to decay so you need bigger multi to hear the trumpets, or try some mobs with lower global threshold. Theres a few that are pretty fun to hunt too and note ven worst interms of avg mu. Again this advice wont help you profit but to have fun I understand not everyone wants to grind highest mu mobs in their range with most efficient gear etc.

Granny, Goni, Bigpimpin, ty for the observations.... cenrtainly, the game is funny for me, but not always....

I am using now Laconian sword for skilling and grow healt, killing IFN bots in arkadia... with a EWE Tactical CDF edition (tokens dailys) im doing now badgets, wombanas, maffoids, and i start yesterday Feffox...

Yes, i know are expensive mobs for me, but one year doing oratanes for the Dropship make me tired :)

Mobs that makes gain peds... mmm... last year, allophils.... a few months, madana and huon give me globals every day.... and a few days later, no more gain for me.... the question is: can i see any pattern in the mob´s behavior? is it exists? if exists, we can see the next ped gain ( global or good loot ).

Really, where i gained more peds was in Toulan: when i go Toulan, the mobs give more loot than another planets, but anyway, the loot is not enought for maintain me... Cyrene is a good planet for me too.

Another ploblem is the behavior of loot in time: some days, is great, and one day later, ruin...

ty for advices...

Mobs that makes gain peds... mmm... last year, allophils.... a few months, madana and huon give me globals every day.... and a few days later, no more gain for me.... the question is: can i see any pattern in the mob´s behavior? is it exists? if exists, we can see the next ped gain ( global or good loot ).

PEDs are not in globals. Survival in the game lays in selling your loot to other players. Look for loot with high markup that drops somewhat regularly. Oils, components, wools. Chase MU and not globals. There is no pattern in the loot to observe. If it were and if someone would have found it, you can be sure no one would have given away for free the goose with the golden egs :)
Spend as little as possible MU, play with as efficient weapons as you can, sell as much loot as you can and go for many kills instead of killing big mobs.
Pretty much what everyone is saying...

Good luck!

As an Arkadian account myself I felt tired and bored also kinda out of my place after 4-5 months on Ark! Some bankroll issues like yourself too. Then I flew to Calypso for a while and then .....voila!!!! ROCKtropia!!! I found the best planet for a low budget but dedicated player! Read about ROCKtropia and try it. Many low level mobs (android - vixens), instances and shared loot events. I'm pretty sure you will find something to have some fun and not to "pay the house" so much and earn some from MU now and then.
As many others already said, globals/HoF's are 90% equalizers of losses. So, don't be jealous :) I play 5+ years and my biggest global/HoF was at my second month 680 PED from a random mining drop. You're not alone as you see!

Last edited:
Raising your pedstack.

First things first, surely you don't expect the system to pay you on your first 3 years?
What you need to do, is to learn how to raise your pedstack, before you jump head first into a game like this one.
Learning that particular feat is worth a lot of money. NOTE: therefore you also need to figure out who you are talking to, many are scammers and will run you, your cat, your parents, and siblings over and blame it on your family dog.
They will do this to you and more added to that, and left is a broken you, however if you are serious about wanting to make changes for yourself, then add me, Vernius, Nocturnal Navigator, Roquen.
I can change your life from not to hot, just bring me 20k peds. And then lets talk buisness and how you should go about the Christmas tree.

Sincerely: The NN.

therefore you also need to figure out who you are talking to, many are scammers and will run you, your cat, your parents, and siblings over and blame it on your family dog.
They will do this to you and more added to that, and left is a broken you, however if you are serious about wanting to make changes for yourself, then add me, Vernius, Nocturnal Navigator, Roquen.
I can change your life from not to hot, just bring me 20k peds. And then lets talk buisness and how you should go about the Christmas tree.

It still sounds like a scam, as I already said in the other thread where you want to charge 20k PED for informations that are available for free, if you just read through this forum.

Some deserved - REP for this scam attempt

And again: Explo BP = moneysink.
There is no MU in Explo - 101%-102% thats it. Explo is gambling against the houes, but the house always wins.
Some Explo gamblers may be lucky and profit from it, but thats exceptions not the rule.
If you want serious crafting at low budget, check the components. A lot of them have nice MU at 125%+ while the resources to craft it can be bought around 102-105%. Thats good BPs to skill and maintain your crafting.
To sell the resources make contacts with other crafters who need this components. Always better to soll P2P.
Or stack enough to make auctioning worth. Auction fees will eat your MU on to small stacks.
There is also some other cheap options to craft, if you aim on BP drops.
Some L BPs have really good MUs, which can turn your craft from a loss into a profit.

I kinda have to disagree a little here.
EP have 104% in weekly and 105% on daily.
Anyway, when crafting level is still sub 10 i would start with EP I , 100 PED are 5k clicks, good chances to end up with 95% return. Sell the WW, basic vehicle servo and EP recycle* BPs. keep doing that untill you're level 10 and
unlock blueprint comprehension.

once you're level 10, you should be okay to start doing what GoNi has written, crafting MU components. When you start doing that make sure crafting machine shows at least 81% success rate.

*Explosive recycle I sells for about 3-4 PED per attempt, get a 10 click one during a run and you got 30-40 PED MU.
EP Recycle II is 4-6 PED MU per attempt.

I started with fruit gathering and a few small depos, you should aim to build at least 2000 PED (item value + ped on card), because at that amount of money you can start stockpiling some stuff when the MU drops and still play. Also bad runs don't hurt as much, because you've got some reserve to pull through the valley.

First things first, surely you don't expect the system to pay you on your first 3 years?
What you need to do, is to learn how to raise your pedstack, before you jump head first into a game like this one.
Learning that particular feat is worth a lot of money. NOTE: therefore you also need to figure out who you are talking to, many are scammers and will run you, your cat, your parents, and siblings over and blame it on your family dog.

I am genuinely hoping this post was pure sarcasm and not an actual guy trying to "sell" some sort of golden egg goose for 20k ped. I just cringed when reading it, so I am damn hoping this is just a sarcasm post.

OP, you're looking the wrong way. Hofs and globals are normal return, not something got by some lucky people.

Pull out entropedia, go to weapons, select your weapon. Add your amp of choice. Calculate what MU do you pay for your setup per 1k tt turnover. Check what MU you loot for 1k tt turnover. To be on the safe side, asume 5%tt loss. So your looted MU should cover input MU and those 5%tt. Don't forget shrapnel, 5-7 ped of MU each 1k turnover.

That's all to it.

Not quite.

I am genuinely hoping this post was pure sarcasm and not an actual guy trying to "sell" some sort of golden egg goose for 20k ped. I just cringed when reading it, so I am damn hoping this is just a sarcasm post.

Not quite, I was infact conducting my buisness. So don't feel to bruised.

The NN
:wtg:

Money back guarantee?

Some time in my Iron Argo mission, I got my first and only uber HOF from hunting. Not my only HOF on them though.
My setup was EWE EP-40 Mercenary + A104 amp. Not very eco when you're not level 100. It took a lot of doing nothing but shooting argo youngs constantly. And that's the secret, pick 1 mob and incessantly kill it and the HOFs will come.
Tip: Not a very effective method on mobs most people don't hunt. Kerbies pop nice HOFs because there are many many people hunting them. That's why Migration mobs pop big HOFs, there's an insane amount of them being looted at one time. If no one is pumping ped into a mob, there's no ped in it.

:) I did not read the posts but what is you are asking is like asking someone the best way to playing a slot machine in Las Vegas IMO. Either you are lucky or you not. In my 11 odd years here that is the best I can come up with other than try to play eco.

:) I did not read the posts but what is you are asking is like asking someone the best way to playing a slot machine in Las Vegas IMO. Either you are lucky or you not. In my 11 odd years here that is the best I can come up with other than try to play eco.

Yes, I perfectly agree with CozModan - after 11 years for him, his approach is to kill puny mobs. Nothing wrong with that ofc, but he successfully failed in every other area of the game. The best advice is, IF you want to succeed in this game, is to follow a different path than Cozmodan's. This is a strategy game. You will fail at it if you take it as a slot machine.

Regards

Back