I need help to figurate out about the entropia population growing

The largest number of people on my FL that were on line at one time in the last 2 years was 5 - everyone has quit or basically stopped playing due disgustingly bad loot returns - I think you can figure out what I think about "growth" in this game

Have you considered that this might say more about you, than about the game ?

Right now, I have 37 people on my FL ingame .. and that's low compared to other times because it's a midweek morning here !

Every game will have players come and go, EU is no different there.

There could be 6 billion players registered.... Doesn't mean that's the playerbase. Out of all the accounts, there (a known secret) many players have multiple active accounts. So, it is hard to ascertain the exact player base in the truest sense.

From what I can gather if you look at ET carefully. There will be a max of 10k regular players including multiple accounts and 'overlaps'.

Overlaps: I am counted as a hunter, miner and crafter based on the activity and globals. So, if you dig very deep... I wouldn't be surprised if the constant player base hovered around 5-7k.

Most MMOs took those away a long time ago.

"Most" is perhaps your perception, certainly not fact.
The majority of online games (referring to MMO's and FPS particularly, but not exclusively) I play, do infact have such counters or a function (or many functions, such as individual server population tickers) that display population count.
In regards to those which deal with real money (particularly poker) - the implications of which are more related to the instance of EU, than say WoW is, imho - they have them displayed very prominently.

A quick google shows that your statement is at the very least, hugely over-exaggerated.

Suggestions such as yours are annoying, because they take weight away from what is otherwise a very good counter-point, at least in the eyes of those who are unwillingly ignorant to the facts.

Last edited:
true many other MMO haven t.

Much more accurate, considering I don't play all MMO's.
Though I still suggest this is an exaggeration to a certain extent.. if you must try and make your point, perhaps the most accurate way to word it would be "some MMO's don't display population".
And to that I would say;
"Point taken, but of those, how many blatantly hide the population count? ...EU certainly does."

Last edited:
The population is on decrease since a while. Almost none of my old mates are playing any more, myself included. And there is simple explanation that people meet new players all the time. This is some old players making new avatars to "shuffle" their luck. Since I refuse to do that I stopped playing once my avatar had 6 months streak of 20% returns on anything I did. I also used to meet new players (new avatars) that used to know a helluvalot about mining for new guys. And their armor was very cool for newbies as well. So I always figured that most of newbie avatars are just old folks trying their luck again.

The population is on decrease since a while. Almost none of my old mates are playing any more, myself included. And there is simple explanation that people meet new players all the time. This is some old players making new avatars to "shuffle" their luck. Since I refuse to do that I stopped playing once my avatar had 6 months streak of 20% returns on anything I did. I also used to meet new players (new avatars) that used to know a helluvalot about mining for new guys. And their armor was very cool for newbies as well. So I always figured that most of newbie avatars are just old folks trying their luck again.

There's no doubt in my mind that people are doing this...I have maybe 6 to 7 people who come on my list regularly at a time now and maybe 12 or so on weekends. The rest of my list is just avatars that never log in anymore..I have alot of avatars on my list.

The population is on decrease since a while. Almost none of my old mates are playing any more, myself included.

Oh? You don't play, but you know that the population are on decrease?

There's no doubt in my mind that people are doing this...I have maybe 6 to 7 people who come on my list regularly at a time now and maybe 12 or so on weekends. The rest of my list is just avatars that never log in anymore..I have alot of avatars on my list.

Just your impression, i also have quite a few avatars on my friedlist and the people online at the same time vary throughout the 24hour cycle roughly between 20-110 - those numbers keep growing as is my friendlist and it has nothing to say wheter entropia as a whole grows or not.

I agree that number of auctions can be an indication for growth or decline, though one has to consider that real world currency exchange rates also impact how many people sell/buy certain items or not - there is a lot of variables to be considered.
There is also gamers who spent alot more then others and a decline of playerbase does not necessarily mean that less money is earned, this is also true for a growing playerbase not surely indicating that more money is earned.
I woudnt worry so much about the current state, there is alot of things starting up in entropia and im looking optimistic in the future :D

And if you like this game you better think positive too, whole country economies can be crashed in the real world by just thinking the negative.

And if you like this game you better think positive too, whole country economies can be crashed in the real world by just thinking the negative.

Listen to him, cuz he's right :wise:

no, the whole countries economies are crashed because many have robbed! i m italian I can tell you that or ask to our Greeks friends.

That suggest me a question: where all our money deposited went???? for example how much money MA spent to attempt to create a real world bank????? just to do an example.

dc

no, the whole countries economies are crashed because many have robbed! i m italian I can tell you that or ask to our Greeks friends.

That suggest me a question: where all our money deposited went???? for example how much money MA spent to attempt to create a real world bank????? just to do an example.

dc

It is not debts or lack of money that crashes countries economies (look USA...) - its the people who believe that those are an issue for that country who crash them. In the real world this has extension in investors speculating in dropping stocks - in here its very much the same - just watch what is done with CLD's. I know i sold mine cause it will be much cheaper to buy them a few weeks after cyrene has been out. The believe of people drives all the value and to a much larger degree it drives how attractive entropia is to others when we talk about it and how we talk about it.

It is not debts or lack of money that crashes countries economies (look USA...) - its the people who believe that those are an issue for that country who crash them. In the real world this has extension in investors speculating in dropping stocks - in here its very much the same - just watch what is done with CLD's. I know i sold mine cause it will be much cheaper to buy them a few weeks after cyrene has been out. The believe of people drives all the value and to a much larger degree it drives how attractive entropia is to others when we talk about it and how we talk about it.

:scratch2:

Ouch, now you're contradicting yourself John.

You say to the world to think positive and what are you doing? You're talking negative now. You lost faith yourself so you sold your CLD's???

Booh to you!

You should have kept trust and have kept your CLD's.

It is not debts or lack of money that crashes countries economies

Partial ignorance.
Foremost, the implied ideology that debt and money are not the same thing, is wrong.
It's the fundamental function of money as debt and the inner workings of the financial institutions that are - the basis of - the issue.
Even the man who was the cheerleader for reserve banking, creative financial instruments and free-markets, admitted as much.
Search and you shall find.

No really, don't take my word for it, see for yourself!
Here's a very blase intro' for you, though please look deeper and enlighten yourself or conversely, remain ignorant;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwpnH_OTZio

Last edited:
:scratch2:

Ouch, now you're contradicting yourself John.

You say to the world to think positive and what are you doing? You're talking negative now. You lost faith yourself so you sold your CLD's???

Booh to you!

You should have kept trust and have kept your CLD's.

Wizz there is a difference between working with the ingame economy based on what you know will happen (which is less revenue for calypso due to many people checking out cyrene and quite some people panic due to dropping ROI) and between trust in the game itself. I have invested quite some money in entropia and have never withdrawn. I am not running around bashing the game itself. Even if i sell and buy things ingame its all revenue for mindark in the end regardless which planet earns more or less from me within a certain timeframe.
And the CLD's i sold where higher in value then the original price, so i actually helped building some value on them by selling them to the higher demand ;)
I just gave the CLD's as example for what believe does to value/success i definately dont think what happens to their value is a bad thing.
Dynamic prices ingame are a good thing for the economy - but for them to recover in their usual cycles people need to trust in the universe itself.

Wizz there is a difference between working with the ingame economy based on what you know will happen (which is less revenue for calypso due to many people checking out cyrene and quite some people panic due to dropping ROI) and between trust in the game itself.

Yes true, but this is a thin line.

If all would think the same like you, all CLD's would be up for sale. This would crash the value and cause a wide spread panic where the doomsayers would say, "see I told you, the system is crashing!"

Let's hope not everybody is as smart as you and wont put all deeds up for sale ;)

Let's hope not everybody is as smart as you and wont put all deeds up for sale ;)

In that case i of course would volunteer to buy them all and secure a minimum value - economies regulate themself as long as capital isnt shifted abroad ;)

In that case i of course would volunteer to buy them all and secure a minimum value - economies regulate themself as long as capital isnt shifted abroad ;)

That depends on how hard the fall is.

If it lands softly, you're right, there's always some scavengers willing to pick up for dump prices.
But if it crashes hard, it can brake.

Remember although they call entropia a real cash economy, it's actually just a company.

If we all lose trust, sell all we got and cash out, you can buy all the CLD's you want for 1 pec before they turn the servers off.

I wouldn't buy stocks from a bank which has been targeted by a bankrun. We had some experiences with that here in Hollland.

edit; oops, I probably misinterpreted your last 4 words. "As long as capital isn's hifted abroad.

In that case, you're right. My bad ;)

kk guys back in topic (this is my tread after all :D )

do someone has a list of all the different annual MA reports with the MA incomes????
. Considering constant overtime that there is a % of players that never deposit , this can give us an idea if the population (or maybe just the money in game ) is growing or not.

dc

John, I think you were spot on. You realised a positive return on the CLD's when in your view an opportunity to buy them cheaper may yet be on the horizon. This is business. This is a RCE. Supposed economic masters ride the wave up and often fall off at the end instead of getting off at more comfortable time because really they lack foresight and are not astute at all.

It is a long race the RCE in this game. I will guarantee you the Rabbit will not win.

Back to what I think the OP was talking about. Some of my opinions on the game.

1. GFC killed off some avatars. Other Economic issues abound. Lose your job you can't afford to play.
2. Time has killed off some avatars or natural attrition or disinterest. Whatever you favour.
3. Some Avatars have really died in Real life. This is normal. We all must face what life brings and some must move on from the game, literally.
4. New games come. I have spent some 140 hours on BF3. Pretty good value at 50c per hour there. Been a lot of new releases in past 12 months.
5. Planets and places. Same fish in a bigger pond. So we thin out. So less at Twins.
6. CryEngine. High hardware requirements and bugs led to some leaving. Though today a basic GFX will play EU easy.

I still think this game lacks a starter pack. You should be able to pick this game up off the shelf (so no download needed, apart from patches) for say $50-100. In the pack you should get a basic armour set, like pixie, basic weapon, basic Fap, some mining gear, a basic vehicle, a bp book with starter BP. And a modest ped balance. You need this primer to get really started in the game to enjoy what the game has to offer. Sitting round sweating isn't going to attract people to stay.

John, I think you were spot on. You realised a positive return on the CLD's when in your view an opportunity to buy them cheaper may yet be on the horizon. This is business. This is a RCE. Supposed economic masters ride the wave up and often fall off at the end instead of getting off at more comfortable time because really they lack foresight and are not astute at all.

It is a long race the RCE in this game. I will guarantee you the Rabbit will not win.

Back to what I think the OP was talking about. Some of my opinions on the game.

1. GFC killed off some avatars. Other Economic issues abound. Lose your job you can't afford to play.
2. Time has killed off some avatars or natural attrition or disinterest. Whatever you favour.
3. Some Avatars have really died in Real life. This is normal. We all must face what life brings and some must move on from the game, literally.
4. New games come. I have spent some 140 hours on BF3. Pretty good value at 50c per hour there. Been a lot of new releases in past 12 months.
5. Planets and places. Same fish in a bigger pond. So we thin out. So less at Twins.
6. CryEngine. High hardware requirements and bugs led to some leaving. Though today a basic GFX will play EU easy.

I still think this game lacks a starter pack. You should be able to pick this game up off the shelf (so no download needed, apart from patches) for say $50-100. In the pack you should get a basic armour set, like pixie, basic weapon, basic Fap, some mining gear, a basic vehicle, a bp book with starter BP. And a modest ped balance. You need this primer to get really started in the game to enjoy what the game has to offer. Sitting round sweating isn't going to attract people to stay.

you should also add : no contents!!!! i found in effect EU very boring.
kill a mob, mine, craft. there was explore but with the vehicles that became no more interesting (do you remember the famous tp runs??? who does them anymore???). Mission!!! the great news of MA: kill 10.000 feffoid for one stamina (or whatever)............ do you know some more boring than that?????
i think many players moved away because of lack of contents too.

kk guys back in topic (this is my tread after all :D )

do someone has a list of all the different annual MA reports with the MA incomes????
. Considering constant overtime that there is a % of players that never deposit , this can give us an idea if the population (or maybe just the money in game ) is growing or not.

dc

Sorry for going off topic.

A question then, how would you define "population"? (Or did I overlook that somewhere?)
I mean, does the occasional sweater count?
Or, my soc mates who log in once every 2 years to keep their accounts from being deleted?
Or do you only count depositers?

This has been mentioned before, the game can not be bought in stores. That's a mis imo. But at most planets, you do get free starters gear, like weapons, mining gear, faps and vehicles. So noobs are being catered for a lot better then in the past.

But at most planets, you do get free starters gear, like weapons, mining gear, faps and vehicles. So noobs are being catered for a lot better then in the past.

I must admit I have not yet left Caly (excludes CND/FOMA). So I am ignorant to what occurs there.

Yeah better cater for on other planets. Calypso needs better start stuff.
(land deed holder)

I really get confused about the stats.

Now I didn't deposit much for the last 2 months and I went from 49/2000(approx) in crafting on ET to 0/2000. Then last week I thought I'll go in and deposit a bit and got a 1.6k hof... And bang I was 120/2000... So, that to me is very surprising ... I would have thought 1.6k hof is nothing compared to bigger scheme of things ....

Hmmmm. :scratch2:

I really get confused about the stats.

Now I didn't deposit much for the last 2 months and I went from 49/2000(approx) in crafting on ET to 0/2000. Then last week I thought I'll go in and deposit a bit and got a 1.6k hof... And bang I was 120/2000... So, that to me is very surprising ... I would have thought 1.6k hof is nothing compared to bigger scheme of things ....

Hmmmm. :scratch2:

in effect ET probably means nothing................. but hey it s a great tool!!!!

Back