Info: I think this must be some sort of a Scam.

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
This morning while hunting I got a request from someone to be his mentor. Don't remember exactly what it said but I just had to accept and I would have a disciple, I hit the ignore button. The thing is I don't know this person and there was not a green dot anywhere in sight, I was completely alone hunting. Does a disciple get something when you accept him ? Or is he just looking for a hand out or what ? Also I would think when he gets what he wants he would just toss you and move on another unexpecting player. I did mentor my best IRL friend when he started but that has been so long ago I can't remember if he got anything or not. I know the mentor got something after graduation, mine was a piece of crap armor lol.

Anyway just wondering.

They can send you a request from the mentor register list.
I got a bunch of those requests, accepted only one, the day after he had another mentor. For almost a month, every day I had requests from "girl", was ignoring it all the time.

just take yourself off mentor register and shoot punies easy

I really wanted to say something but i would get banned and rightfully so. Please remove yourself from the mentor register and stop making silly ''is this a scam posts''. Just leave it at that,

I really wanted to say something but i would get banned and rightfully so. Please remove yourself from the mentor register and stop making silly ''is this a scam posts''. Just leave it at that,
Feel free to PM and say whatever you want. Why should I have to change to accommodate something that should not happen in the first place. That is like truing off PM messaging because I get too many beggars asking "Can you help me" or "Can you spare some ped or ammo" and when I say "No" then they call ass hole.

Last edited:
I think this must be some sort of a Scam

That is your answer. Remove yourself from mentor list (and you know very well how to).. Are you Rick Compets alt? (jjoke, obviously). 14 years in EU and you know very well how to remove yourself from never accepting any disciples.

And i never said even once how no1 should ever add you as mentor in the 1st place. Just saying.

Unless they want to hunt ''puntys'' for 14 years. That it. Next time perhaps decide what you call a scam Mr Bones :) . I am done

And i never said even once how no1 should ever add you as mentor in the 1st place. Just saying.

Unless they want to hunt ''puntys'' for 14 years. That it. Next time perhaps decide what you call a scam Mr Bones :) . I am done
Actually I have hunted them for about a year and a half. I got tired of standing in the same spot shoot the same big mob for 5 or 10 minutes. I realized that I like moving around when hunting . Besides what do you care what I hunt ?? BTW way I was 78th in the top 100 for quite a while when shoot the biggies and still having to depo 2 or 3 times a month. Not possible to reach lvl 100 in 14 years shooting punys Mr I been here 3 years and already know it all. LOL. BTW Removing myself from the register is like turning off my cell phone because I get too many sales call. My suggestion to you is stick the new player forum where you can learn before you speak. Read the post above yours from Sheryo. I am done also.

Actually there are A LOT of fake new accounts (couple of them being russians, got nothing against them, just saying, I love vodka, yatebyalyublyu) asking for some free stuff to help them get started, if you decline you get insulted and/or blacklisted (which is not a big loss). If it's some sort of scam ? As long as you don't fell for it, no. If it's scam attempts ? Probably yes :)

Actually I have hunted them for about a year and a half. I got tired of standing in the same spot shoot the same big mob for 5 or 10 minutes. I realized that I like moving around when hunting . Besides what do you care what I hunt ?? BTW way I was 78th in the top 100 for quite a while when shoot the biggies and still having to depo 2 or 3 times a month. Not possible to reach lvl 100 in 14 years shooting punys Mr I been here 3 years and already know it all. LOL. BTW Removing myself from the register is like turning off my cell phone because I get too many sales call. My suggestion to you is stick the new player forum where you can learn before you speak. Read the post above yours from Sheryo. I am done also.

my concern was this I think this must be some sort of a Scam

After 14 years,.........You added yourself as a mentor. Then when you DO get a disciple.... You run to Public forum and say the above......adios Rick

my concern was this I think this must be some sort of a Scam

After 14 years,.........You added yourself as a mentor. Then when you DO get a disciple.... You run to Public forum and say the above......adios Rick
Guess you were not done and I did not add myself I was not even aware of the list until I asked someone.

Does a disciple get something when you accept him ? Or is he just looking for a hand out or what ? Also I would think when he gets what he wants he would just toss you and move on another unexpecting player. I did mentor my best IRL friend when he started but that has been so long ago I can't remember if he got anything or not. I know the mentor got something after graduation, mine was a piece of crap armor lol.

Anyway just wondering.

I recently got a request as well and just declined it. I don't think its a scam aside from someone either looking for some freebies from the mentor or personal information in some way. It's sort of like vetting friend requests on social media some are trying to sell you something others just want access to your information and friends list. I didn't know I was on the mentor list but its nice to know I can opt out of it if the requests become bothersome.

MA could revamp the mentoring system but I don't think its a priority.

What might be happening is this is just another facet of "smurfing" where a lot of alt avatars collect little bits of freebies, mentor donations, bot hunting on really low level mobs to gain skills and loot at minimal cost 24 hours a day and consolidate those resources for PED withdrawal. It's done on such a dispersed level that it goes under the radar of MA plus it works within the game mechanics also bots are hard to prove and if one is rooted out they just start another alt. Any MMO that has some kind of monetary value associated with digital assets (gold farmers come to mind) is going to attract this behavior even if its not RCE and deals are done via the "grey market"

When any new player (or older) is looking for a mentor they will use the mentor register. Now if they have sense they will look for people that are currently on-line and have a 100% rating from their disciples. In reality those who have only ever mentored a friend are more likely to have that 100% than say a regular (and very good) mentor, as sooner of later someone will send a poor rep rating, deliberately or in error.
If you have no intention of ever mentoring again, remove yourself from the register
If taking a break from mentoring, leave a message on the profile to say so
If you then get request for mentoring they obviously cant read and are therefore likely to be a pain, so ignore or just allow it to time out.

Asking someone on the mentor register is not a scam or potential scam it is the whole point and purpose of the list

After reading the two posts above I agree that its not really a scam as it is not really a way to cheat someone. Its just a way of begging and a real pain in the butt :).

Back