Question: I would like to know

San

Elite
Society
OldTimers
Sandal San Tolk
who is responsible for this "land" addition on Next Island in the current VU. Did someone mistake the server room for the toilet and just take a dump? You can't be serious.

Last edited:
who is responsible for this "land" addition on Next Island in the current VU. Did someone mistake the server room for the toilet and just take a dump? You can't be serious.

Why does this concern Planet Calypso? I think your lost... perhaps at the very least you would use Entropiaforum.com ….

I think it's a combination of two factors:
  • interns must be kept busy
  • proper version control is hard

I agree that this is an awful thread. There was an awful reason for it. I slept over it for several days before responding because it is such an awful thing to say, but it has to be said. It is here on PCF in the 'Other Planets' section because it concerns the authority which approves everything the planet partners submit before it gets published. It is not quite clear what the situation with Next Island is in this regard (everyone I asked who takes care of NI's development now is hush-hush), but even if it's done in-house along with Calypso, it is reasonable to assume that all designs go through the same controls. I'm not going to make any further insinuations. The question above is meant literally -- I would like to know whom to talk to. Hope this clears up any misunderstanding why this is here. I have positive things to say also, and they are going to be at the address I believe is closest to where credits should go until I know for sure.

Screenshots?

At least a description?

What are you talking about?

Screenshots?

At least a description?

What are you talking about?

You can check out the map from any other planet through the event interface. Then imagine standing at a former beach and suddenly looking at a wall. Hopping over it, you'll find a desert as flat as a plate. With some grind-worthy mob spawns on it, which is fine but since there is so much empty space on NI where they could live, it is simply uncalled for to drop such a zero-effort cancer on a gorgeous place.

Maybe they are loading less details on mobile connection? Could that be? That finally after many requests they do something different for mobile data type of users?

I agree that this is an awful thread. There was an awful reason for it. I slept over it for several days before responding because it is such an awful thing to say, but it has to be said. It is here on PCF in the 'Other Planets' section because it concerns the authority which approves everything the planet partners submit before it gets published. It is not quite clear what the situation with Next Island is in this regard (everyone I asked who takes care of NI's development now is hush-hush), but even if it's done in-house along with Calypso, it is reasonable to assume that all designs go through the same controls. I'm not going to make any further insinuations. The question above is meant literally -- I would like to know whom to talk to. Hope this clears up any misunderstanding why this is here. I have positive things to say also, and they are going to be at the address I believe is closest to where credits should go until I know for sure.

It's common knowledge that BIG industries is cooperating with the owner to bring new life to Next Island. They had free warps to NI for a while Mindark revamped starter areas, new starter items added etc etc. I think if you need more info talk to someone from Big?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...sland-Warp-Flights&highlight=warp+next+island

The entire planet is a BIG Partnered LA now.

or maybe they are finally launching the Mobile version? and like Evey said they cannot handle all the details?

Last edited:
Reactions: San
It's common knowledge that ...
I know the thread and have contact with relevant people. The actual who is who remains in the dark.

or maybe they are finally launching the Mobile version? and like Evey said they cannot handle all the details?
I know that Evey knows this isn't how the game works and Evey knows that I know why he said that. I'm not going to waste my nerves or violate forum rules with a response. I thank him for the bump.

Why can't mobile version of this game would need reduced details ? They style use last decade shaders.
ARK team almost only only had to reduce shaders complexity from their PC version and rework the UI for exemple.

There is no mobile version of this game, none is planned that we know of, and less detail is not what this thread is about. Everybody got the same thing with the latest VU and is empowered to see for themselves what is meant. Mobile only came into the discussion because someone likes to deride my suggestions to consider those who use a pay-by-volume mobile connection, which I believe would serve MA well in developing markets in large parts of the world where this is the standard. It has nothing to do with getting the game itself onto mobile platforms which I never advocated for. Please, no more responses about this here as there are relevant threads to state your opinion. This is about a specific new content item which I think is grossly out of character and quality standard.

Mobile version of Entropia?! Hahahah Those who even dare to think of it are so naive.

Guys they coulnd't even make an auction + craft interface for mobile phones. LMAO

Dont forget this is fucking Entropia Universe, where a bug that cost players money stay for months on end... (lag on last X-mas events or this mobs was claimed by someone else) just from head.

Last edited:
The dump

entropia_2018-10-24_21-06-28-42.jpg

entropia_2018-10-23_15-35-38-71.jpg

Reactions: San
They are just doing a little of terraforming. What is the deal?

I feel way worst having 20+ probes without a single claim...

They are just doing a little of terraforming. What is the deal?

How would you like your garden being turned into a parking lot? The deal is destroying one of the most gorgeous corners of this universe, the most pristine planet, the closest semblance to the old Project Entropia which is still preserved today. And without any need whatsoever.

How would you like your garden being turned into a parking lot? The deal is destroying one of the most gorgeous corners of this universe, the most pristine planet, the closest semblance to the old Project Entropia which is still preserved today. And without any need whatsoever.

From Loco's screenshot I got what you mean :( I agree! This is disgrace! Leave alone what is left of Next Island, PLEASE! $%#$^%@#W@^'s

I think that... thing portrays a glacier, although it looks sand-yellow on the second picture.

Holy cr@p that looks bad.

Why on earth would they do that?

I like it a lot, don't see the problem here tbh. Especially for a hunter, it's very easy to camp that spot. Plus, it's a desert there, nothing out of the ordinary.... what are you guys on about??

Screenshot of the map added to OP.

It's sand. It's a beach. What else do you want?

I remember skeletons in the most exotic environment there..

Enchanted Village is still around and the skeletons rattle along as they always have done. Enchanted Village is really on the other side of the spectrum compared to "The Dump". In my eyes Enchanted Village is one of the best mapping works that ever came out of Entropia. I have done some mapping myself and I know the effort behind it. Anyone can use a terrain generator, reskin a mob model, but very few can make what they did in Enchanted Village, but also Ancient Greece.

next_island_125696_92929_108.jpg

But there has to be more behind this than the eye can see. My first thought was, "aha, work in progress". And for some reason that work in progress was added to NI. Maybe to get feedback from the community on what else could be added there. Maybe have a look at Bustamite Forest, also flat, but at least they added trees. But one area I like in that new area is the shore line. Lots of dunes which makes it kind of cool.

But I agree, that new land area is an extremelly functional grinding area for hunters. If there was a mission for the Desert Crawlers. For miners thinking this area might a super hot spot I must make you disappointed, it is a lyst and oil area. Just south of the mountain ridge there are both Ignisium and Devil's tail but in the desert, nothing.

So work in progress. Let's just hope the work continues.

Yes this was the absolute worst place to drop it down. The contrast in production value is so drastic it's hilarious. The old Crystal Beach:

2012-04-30_14-beach.jpg

We're not picky by the way. I believe I can say it for the whole community. You can either give us looks or you can give us the game play. Some of us will nag about it for a while if one or the other is lacking, but eventually most of us will come along. So yeah, I'd say as long as at least one of them is present, we're fine.

I mean, here's some boring desert made tolerable. If you can pull that off, we're good. But this... thing manages to be barren both in creativity and looks. Not good.

falx_at_nea_s.jpg

One does wonder how do people manage to come up with mindfarts like this... ?

holyhandgreanade.gif

As said above, I think this is a work in progress. There are revivals but no services or TP's in the new area, (none that I've found anyway) so those will probably be added at a later time. The mining is set to default, (which is just Lyst and oil) but I expect that will change in a future patch as well. It will be really good mining area when that happens.

As said above, at the present, its a hunting grind paradise I've seen a few globals on the mobs and a HOF over 2k peds already.

Back