I'd like to ask a question. What do you do now Irons have gone?

I joined th EU Universe nearly four years ago.
I really enjoyed designing clothes, and built up my skills in design. I could do that for hours. There are far better Avatars in design than me, although I think some of my designs were good (a lot more options now!!), and in the end it seemed like a profession that was dying, or too hard to break into. Maybe I just got bored with it. I'd like to thank the Av's that help me out a lot with that profession.

So one line of my game play has gone.

I spent all of my time killing Feffoids, I chose to do this at the pit becuase I hit a few nice hofs early on, so the big ones were the best. I'd get quite emotional about shooting my own mob, because I needed the kills, so if I was pissy with you I'd like to apologise, but that was the reason. AND it was so demoralising shooting 95% of the Clan warlords, and then someone turn up. shoot one, and hit a 400 PED Hof. AND THAT HAPPENED A LOT.

And doing the Rextelum missions at Naval Triton. The Rextelum mission chain, which I completed. It took me something like two years.. But I am now a Master Rextelum Hunter.

But I had a reason to play then. I was working towards a goal. Bronze Feffoid, and Master Rex Hunter, and the rewards they provided. These new Codex things don't really give you anything to work towards.

So, I guess I just want to know. Are there any plans to introduce something like the iron missions? Are there things that have already been introduced? Where you have to grind, and even if it takes a couple of years, I'm down. Something with a reward. It feels like I am grinding for nothing now. And I don't really want to leave Caly.

Sometimes I will admit I thought "what have i got myself into here, this is gonna take forever 60,000 Rex kill points". And before anyone says "That's nothing". it was enough for me thanks. And the reward in skills were good for me, Evade and First aid..

So.. TLDR I miss the Iron missions, and can't find the enthusiasm to grind for the Codex. Anything else I can do? Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why they are needed. People hunt what they want to hunt for their own reasons, be it seeking profit, for fun and enjoyment, maybe it is slow-moving and high hp so well suited to team hunting. In this sense, the missions don't influence my decisions at all. Of course the extra skills are nice, but the codex also provides this boost, and at more regular intervals than the iron missions did. If you are completionist, you can rank up codex or aim for more repeats or whatever, you can still set your own goals :)

I really thought it would introduce more team hunting, because I thought needing the kills was something that was keeping people from doing that more. I haven't seen or notice any increase in teaming however. I do have a let down because before I'd go "well I'll just go work on my Atrox mission," and now that is gone. I do feel more "free" to hunt whatever and it probably makes more sense to do sand king and feffoid waves. Lately I've looted at what events are running and try to engage in them. I think overall I still do what I did before and just roam around the planet hunting whatever i'm feeling.

I really thought it would introduce more team hunting, because I thought needing the kills was something that was keeping people from doing that more. I haven't seen or notice any increase in teaming however. I do have a let down because before I'd go "well I'll just go work on my Atrox mission," and now that is gone. I do feel more "free" to hunt whatever and it probably makes more sense to do sand king and feffoid waves. Lately I've looted at what events are running and try to engage in them. I think overall I still do what I did before and just roam around the planet hunting whatever i'm feeling.

Hmm.. It was a "OK.. I've still got to grind out 50,000 Kill points". So a double eged sword really. As much as the mountain it seemed though, it still gave you the purpose.

Anyway thanks for the responses.

I was an Arkadian for a long time but codex isn't attracting to me anymore. I am now back on arkadia closing the few easy IFN missions. Codex is boring AF.

In this sense, the missions don't influence my decisions at all.

Funny how this is the complete opposite for me. Missions 100% decide what planet I am on and what mob I am grinding. This game is an adventure and finding cool new missions or being the first to discover the reward is an exciting part of the game, required for me I mean it's an MMO. Attribute missions are priceless and with them being gone on Caly means that almost all of my time is on other planets grinding missions before they are gone. The downside of Codex is it homogenization of missions where now mobs aren't Unique. The rewards are bland and boring.

Don't get me wrong when I am on Caly I do some mobs and Codex ranks to help with unlocks or weak skills. However they lose their importance very quickly in the grand scheme of things when Mobs were attractive before because of their awesome Unique mission rewards. When you wanted to get to that Bronze missions. Now it's just codex and it serves a purpose but.... I rather be on another planet getting attributes or finishing some Epic mission chain that is exciting and has a sense of accomplishment and better reward when finished.

I been trying to get many missions on Cyrene in a good place for Codex and now am on Ark trying to grind different chains so I don't get screwed when Codex drops. I won't be able to finish them all but I have a list of ones I need.

If Codex rewards were unique to each planet and mob and start offering attributes. Then my opinion on them would be different. Right now I view Codex as the death of missions, it wasn't thought out very well. It kills the adventure and replaces it with a lack luster system that makes you want to just do other things.

Last edited:
Now you can focus more on markup because that's the only way to win the game!
Just like when I started. When there were not even one mission, not even to guide you to the swamp camp.

I m sure that auction is full of skills to be bought. Cheaper and faster than most iron missions.

The downside of Codex is it homogenization of missions where now mobs aren't Unique.
I see this as a benefit as i can focus more on mobs with good loot and care less about skill reward.

Many people do this, but i'm wondering from where you know about this?
About the codex? http://arkadiaforum.com/threads/arkadia-update-notes-june-2020.15254/
Don't know when, rumor mill says this year, but reading on Arkadia forum there was a note that they will give ample warning before the change and have to rewrite the whole mission system before that (cant find the thingy about the ample though).
Not in it for the skill rewards, just prefer a mission where one knows when it ends, get maybe a few attributes and a mission reward like the figurines )did the Aurlis on CP mainly for the Wurmsteiger Cup).
So...absolutely no clue when Codex hits on Arkadia

Since I leveled on the Irons.. I do Daily hunting challenges.
Im at level 3 and this sends me to lot's of places with lots of different mobs.
Still do events when I can.
I finished all the Arkadia Moon Missions for the trophies.
I still have the point kill missions ready to get some double dip when they activate codex.
I forgot I wanted to do More Arkadia before they are gone.
Tired of flying back and forth.
The lack of trophies now IMO sucks.
They have hinted at retroactive attribute rewards from our current completed levels, and going forward.

My theory on the Codex;
It is so expensive to play now and I guess returns are not what they used to be?
Getting experience from the Iron Missions seems really hard to get anywhere in retrospect.
Just look at the rewards of the Irons on Wiki... Now that I look at those it almost seems impossible.
I have to be gratefull I guess now that Im finding out how tough it is to level up.
The double exp during the transition was quite good.
The constant exp points is a moral booster now even though lower levels dont do much for your current high level skills.
I put them somewhere where they count.
So there is some thought process now I need to use to maximize skill gains.
Granted.. It is pay to play, but I don't want to buy skills and miss out on playing the game.

My biggest gripe ATM is the lack of Mele weapons on the daily token trader, and the Mayhem only has one.
Not that Ill ever place, but seems a bit short sighted.

What happened to FEN token events?
I actually have 2 gold tokens from when I first started playing but dont know where they came from?
An event where you can win something without being a maxed out veteran and kill the same mob for 10 hours?.

My vision would to be offer Iron type missions at the end of rank 24 that would turn off the codex entry for that mob.
Send you to an NPC that you can talk to like old school.. get the mission.
When your finished get a trophy and the reward then have the ablity to turn off the chain and go back to codex if you want.

Geeze at least give us a trophy after rank 24!
I'm like Jeffery Dhamer!! I like the Heads!

I guess I've always sort of played PE/EU in a very fluid way so the Iron missions, daily missions, and codex all just sort of happen organically if that makes sense. If hunting and mining is atrocious in regards to finds and returns I may spend a day doing some of the early missions that need wrapping up on Calypso. They can be fun with minimal cost. I need to hit up the other planets soon so I will probably acquire missions on each of those as well. It's rare that I go out with the intent to finish a mission even though I know I need to work on those Rextelums before they expire.

There is a lot of content in EU these days not to mention the games I make up for myself like mining in a heavy mobs spawn and then playing "area denial" as I try to extract resources or clear out a huge spawn of mobs to mine an area that probably doesn't get hit very often. Sometimes I will mine through an area and then fight my way back in before the claims expire when new mobs spawn behind me.

Pushing the limits of my gear and skills against challenging mobs is fun as well. I think this style of play is something I just did back in Project Entropia so it's carried on and the missions and codex have always been icing on the cake so to speak.

Codex is boring AF.

I don't see how one is more boring than the other. You shoot mobs, you get a few extra skills. What was so different about iron mission? Apart from the fact that you'd often get skills you had no interest in, but the codex gives you a choice and never ends (though it does get slow after a while.

My biggest gripe ATM is the lack of Mele weapons on the daily token trader, and the Mayhem only has one.
Not that Ill ever place, but seems a bit short sighted.

There's 2 blades in mayhem. imp LB-50 & adj SB-90, but I agree there's not enough.

I actually did mayhem to the end for once, maybe 2nd time in 10 years, getting awful score of course, but I was surprised my ped burn rate was not bad, so I was able to stick it out to the end... hunted some kerbs for a loss... Joined in on sand king last night, I always get robbed on the boss, but sometimes I get items with MU on the mobs in the earlier waves.... Probably going leave caly and go to another planet once I have the funds for more than one LR-30....Problem about going to other planets is either you can't find your gun at all or they are very expensive there, so you have to bring a few with you if you want to stay for awhile, hence I will be doing low level stuff for awhile so I can afford to stock up on my depo budget...

As players old enough to remember such as Sirhc and slither above we did our own thing before missions arrived and we can continue on without them.

You still have the goal of getting to the next rank in the codex, which is similar and with the greater choice of rewards, arguably better than what we had before.

Last edited:
So.. TLDR I miss the Iron missions, and can't find the enthusiasm to grind for the Codex. Anything else I can do? Thanks.
Octo Production, I get your frustration. It's common for specific goals to be the foundation of what we do ingame. Having iron missions taken (and clothing not as viable) when it's defined your play is rough.

Over the years, as I hit personal little "to do"s, (mission here, skill up there, experiment on this or that) I'm kind of shocked that I've been in this game for 14+ years and still haven't run into a "what do I do now?" moment.

But, with you focusing on certain ingame actions and then them no longer being available, I can totally see that being frustrating for you.

I guess the best thing I can do for you is ask "What is your L-O-N-G term goal in this Universe?" For me, it's a simple as "have fun" and when that's not an option, I'll leave. But for you?
Do you want to be the best/highest ranked in a certain profession?
Do you want to profit bigly?
Do you want to share time w/ friends?
Do you want to be famous for something?
Do you want to hit specific ingame goals?
Do you want to express your individuality?

Start with your biggest "to do" or goal that you want. Then, find the little ingame goals that point you in that direction.

I was an Arkadian for a long time but codex isn't attracting to me anymore. I am now back on arkadia closing the few easy IFN missions. Codex is boring AF.
how TF can codex be boring AF? please explain.. you get rewards more often and get to choose the rewards that you need or want most!!! instead of something completely random u dont want or need. explain to me how that can possibly be boring? Not to mention you if you so choose can hop in a group and continue farming your favourtite mob and still get credit towards it!

how TF can codex be boring AF? please explain.. you get rewards more often and get to choose the rewards that you need or want most!!! instead of something completely random u dont want or need. explain to me how that can possibly be boring? Not to mention you if you so choose can hop in a group and continue farming your favourtite mob and still get credit towards it!
Because it's the same set of rewards stage after stage for every single mob. Yep you do get more choice, but I think it's just that the skills to choose from never change from mob to mob, just the TT value - so that can feel boring (repetition). It's all psychological really and points of view. I just know I end up going.. oh Dexterity again... uppp yea dexterity. Oh dexterity or athletics.. hmm. just gets less exciting when it's all the same choices.

For me it's a matter of setting personal goals... get x number of hp by end of the year, reach x number in level in evade etc etc. To me that's what keeps me logging into game.

Because it's the same set of rewards stage after stage for every single mob. Yep you do get more choice, but I think it's just that the skills to choose from never change from mob to mob, just the TT value - so that can feel boring (repetition). It's all psychological really and points of view. I just know I end up going.. oh Dexterity again... uppp yea dexterity. Oh dexterity or athletics.. hmm. just gets less exciting when it's all the same choices.

So you prefered being given a skill you didn't want over choosing a skill you do want? I guess you just can't please some people :)

Same as before, staying as far from Caly as possible until it's time to sell loot, now even without a FOMO regarding the irons.

Back