Idea for parking and storage bays

INTERNUT

Alpha
Society
Freelancer
INTERNUT
Would parking and storage bays be a good idea? You can openly display furniture, armour parts and so on in apartments and houses on Calypso, but not vehicles, so the idea of parking and storage bays came to mind as I was hunting somewhere. They would be similar to landing pads in size and design and be available in the auction and there would be a small monthly maintenance fee. Just an idea...

What would be the point of it? If you want to display your vehicle to somebody just place it down..

What would be the point of it? If you want to display your vehicle to somebody just place it down..
Apparently, OP wants that the vehicles were on display indefinitely, even if the owners are offline.

When someone spawns a dozen of vehicles at Icarus people already start complaining about lag, so can't see anything like that happen. Although, honestly, if you don't play on a potato you can cram quite a lot of vehicles into one location without much loss of performance:

Apparently, OP wants that the vehicles were on display indefinitely, even if the owners are offline.

When someone spawns a dozen of vehicles at Icarus people already start complaining about lag, so can't see anything like that happen. Although, honestly, if you don't play on a potato you can cram quite a lot of vehicles into one location without much loss of performance:
Wouldn't have to be just vehicles, you could store other items as well. And I'm not suggesting dozens of vehicles, just enough space for say a quad-wing and a few other vehicles.

Last edited:
I would like vehicles to be similar to pets that create small models when placed in apartments.
Or miniature replicas of vehicle types could be available through TTs.

What would be the advantage in being able to show off your quad wing 24/7?
I mean, we all got one.. it’s not exactly a possession worth flaunting unless you have some special texture/colour or an Equus or something. On top of that to pay for this privilege it just seems unnecessary.
Vehicles and their customisation isn’t exactly a focal point of this game. Especially with the terrible driving physics.
Maybe I’m wrong, do we have a fast and furious ricer demographic here lol?

What would be the advantage in being able to show off your quad wing 24/7?
I mean, we all got one.. it’s not exactly a possession worth flaunting unless you have some special texture/colour or an Equus or something. On top of that to pay for this privilege it just seems unnecessary.
Vehicles and their customisation isn’t exactly a focal point of this game. Especially with the terrible driving physics.
Maybe I’m wrong, do we have a fast and furious ricer demographic here lol?
I haven't got a quad wing, I just think it would be a good idea to have parking / storage bays that you could display things on. They would be located here and there much like apartment blocks and other estate areas and available through the auction, and could have trade options like a shop.

I haven't got a quad wing, I just think it would be a good idea to have parking / storage bays that you could display things on. They would be located here and there much like apartment blocks and other estate areas and available through the auction, and could have trade options like a shop.
What you have described there is the functionality of a shop and added a place to park your vehicle.
Well we already have shops, and I don't think many people will care about being able to display their vehicle.
Maybe if the vehicle storage was accessible it could provide a convenient way to access some items without having to carry them around, but that is a very weak point.
Sorry but this won't happen.

i think he refers to a "vehicle booth" where you dont just display but can commerce it.
EU has a very limited number of useful vehicled and all in all they restrict to
1. sleip/kraka very slow
2. quad slow
3. road vehicle vey very slow
4. Teleport chip (TOP)
so basically a player after 2 month lnow all teh aspect of vehicles, purchasing one (they last MONTHS) is more than enough on AH
just my 2 cents (my sleipnir was purchased 2nd hand for 3 ped TT in feb 2020...... still flying

Mindark should create small vehicle displays similar to pet displays so that vehicles can be placed inside of apartments and shops. It is quite annoying that you cannot sell a vehicle without use of auction, shopkeeper, or p2p trade.

Mindark should create small vehicle displays similar to pet displays so that vehicles can be placed inside of apartments and shops. It is quite annoying that you cannot sell a vehicle without use of auction, shopkeeper, or p2p trade.
Totally agree. Considering the price of even small apartments you should be able to do this., but a small storage/parking bay would make it easier to place larger items like vehicles and make EU even more realistic than it already is.

What you have described there is the functionality of a shop and added a place to park your vehicle.
Well we already have shops, and I don't think many people will care about being able to display their vehicle.
Maybe if the vehicle storage was accessible it could provide a convenient way to access some items without having to carry them around, but that is a very weak point.
Sorry but this won't happen.
You're just arguing for the sake of it, and you keep banging on all the time about vehicles even though I've said it wouldn't be just for vehicles. As it is, the only way you can store larger items is if you have a personal PSU in your apartment or house, etc, or via a shopkeeper pad, but this isn't very realistic. In RL you have showrooms, vehicle lots, etc, so why not in EU? I think MA would like the idea!

You're just arguing for the sake of it, and you keep banging on all the time about vehicles even though I've said it wouldn't be just for vehicles. As it is, the only way you can store larger items is if you have a personal PSU in your apartment or house, etc, or via a shopkeeper pad, but this isn't very realistic. In RL you have showrooms, vehicle lots, etc, so why not in EU? I think MA would like the idea!
I’m not arguing for the sake of it, I just don’t think this adds anything worth spending development time and money on.

The reason I keep banging on about displaying vehicles is because thats what you pitched, also it’s the only thing that would differentiate your idea from the shops and apartments that are already in game. You can already show off everything you own, save for vehicles.

Most of the shops/apartments in this game are unsold to the public, parked under a placeholder account until adequate demand forces Mindark to release them to auction, and at this stage, they probably never will, we don’t exactly need more real estate.

The thing that differentiates my idea from shops and apartments, is that you would be able to store any item including larger one's like vehicles up to a certain size. You can't do this at the moment with apartments and shops. I'm not going to fork out hundreds or even thousands of PEDs for somewhere to store items that no one will ever see unless by chance someone walks past an open door (in the case of an apartment) or visits one of only a few shopping malls. But I would be prepared to pay say 150 PEDs on a storage/parking bay that would openly show what's available.

The thing that differentiates my idea from shops and apartments, is that you would be able to store any item including larger one's like vehicles up to a certain size. You can't do this at the moment with apartments and shops.
I stand by my point that implementing such major content that gives only a minor functionality improvement is a waste of time and resources. I have never met anybody that wants this, Until now.

Being able to sell vehicles in shops is a true issue however, and can be solved by being able to place a miniature “icon” of the vehicle, like how pets work currently. This was suggested by an earlier poster, and a good idea that Mindark should work on.
Let’s add vehicle selling functionality to existing shops, not create a whole lot of new ones.

But I would be prepared to pay say 150 PEDs on a storage/parking bay that would openly show what's available.
Trust me if these things had shop/shopkeeper capabilities and offered high exposure to their wares like you are suggesting, 150 PED will be nowhere near enough. You will be paying similar rates for what shops are auctioned off for now.
They would be an unwise investment if your only intention was to store and “show off” items. But hey, it’s your money.

If they are shops, No thanks, we have enough shops. Supply is intentionally throttled to keep in pace with the demand for them. As an owner of a shop I appreciate MindArks decision to protect the value of my investment.

If these were display only, maybe people could find them useful to place their signs up and advertise their ventures, maybe people could show off their fancy car, maybe some cool statue. But again, places like this already exist(-vehicles), and all bases have advertising features built in.

When I look at this game and its shortcomings, the first thing that comes to mind isn’t lack of in game advertising or lack of places to store my car.

Last edited:
I don't see how MA could ask much more than 150 PEDs for squares or rectangles in the ground requiring very simple modelling, etc. Also shops like you have in O.W.Habitat are barely noticeable unless you happen to be going into one of the ground floors, so utterly useless. Shop keeper pads are again totally useless for the same reasons. Simple fact is that there needs to be more affordable and more suitable trade opportunities, and what I'm suggesting would enable this.

I don't see how MA could ask much more than 150 PEDs for squares or rectangles in the ground requiring very simple modelling, etc. Also shops like you have in O.W.Habitat are barely noticeable unless you happen to be going into one of the ground floors, so utterly useless. Shop keeper pads are again totally useless for the same reasons. Simple fact is that there needs to be more affordable and more suitable trade opportunities, and what I'm suggesting would enable this.
Those “useless” omegaton habitat shops fetch about 10-15k ped, one sold recently here on forum. Mall shops are double that or more depending on how many item points it has and it’s location. Mindark values these shops and any estate for that matter at a TT value of 0.0. Its purely the players that determine the markup. Your little rectangles while only worth 150 ped to you will likely be worth a whole lot more to others, whatever this price is will be what you will have to pay for them.

Shops can be very profitable to run, and profit potential is tied to investment cost, it’s just how it works. You can’t just pay 150 ped and start printing money, the market won’t allow it.

You have several low investment avenues to sell your loot, such as the auction system and player trade channels. Lots of people survive and thrive from these methods. For higher value items you can also approach many shop owners to sell your stuff in their shop on commission. If you need help with that I can give you a few names.
In regards to the auction, it takes a bit of experience to get right, but for most loot follow this simple strategy.
List your stack size at a lower markup than all smaller stack sizes than yours, don’t worry about competing with the larger ones. Fine tune the stack size to get this right. Always set a buyout at the price you intend to sell it at, and put 7 days on it. 90-95% of your junk will sell.

10-15k peds is similar to prices I've seen in auction, so 100-150USD is what you'd have to deposit/pay before you've made a pec. Now how many items are you going to sell from that shop in a month? Considering the high mark-up for almost depleted shop items that I've seen, probably not that much. Players aren't mugs! Also these are items that you've either bought yourself or looted yourself, so just more expense until you've sold. Fair enough, the same would apply to items shown in square or rectangle parking/storage bays, but at least they would be immediately visible from distance plus I could store larger items.
Maybe 150 peds is a bit unrealistic though, so lets say 350-450 peds. I think this would be a fair amount for them.

10-15k peds is similar to prices I've seen in auction, so 100-150USD is what you'd have to deposit/pay before you've made a pec. Now how many items are you going to sell from that shop in a month? Considering the high mark-up for almost depleted shop items that I've seen, probably not that much. Players aren't mugs! Also these are items that you've either bought yourself or looted yourself, so just more expense until you've sold. Fair enough, the same would apply to items shown in square or rectangle parking/storage bays, but at least they would be immediately visible from distance plus I could store larger items.
Maybe 150 peds is a bit unrealistic though, so lets say 350-450 peds. I think this would be a fair amount for them.
You aren't understanding. The prices for these shops aren't arbitrary, and they are not too expensive, they are exactly the value that your peers have deemed them appropriate. This is market value.
You say they not profitable at the current price point, yet you have zero experience with shop keeping and very little experience overall in game. Ask @Legends If his shops have been a worthwhile investment, he has many.

No way will you ever be able to get what you are describing for 450 peds or so. Because I and many others would simply outbid you on the auction. Depending on the item points and location, such an asset anywhere on Calypso would fetch at least the value of an Omegaton shop, with a large high trafficked spot likely rivalling the value of the most expensive shops on market.

Not that it matters anyway because MindArk closely controls the release of new assets.

Please enjoy the new player experience and stop worrying about this stuff yet. You are gonna stress yourself out.

Back