Idea for Veteran of Robot War Beret

JackFree

Elite
Society
SPU ¦ Smart Professionals United
Jakob JackFree Freelancer
After reading Wollongong's thread about new icons for EF, I thought it could be taken a bit further.

I think MA should issue the "Veteran of Robot War Beret" to all colonists that helped to repel the robot invasion, similar to the "First Wave Colonist Beret".

The beret could be awarded to all colonists that killed a certain number of bots during the war. Maybe even have different versions/ranks depending on how many robots you eliminated.

Green: up to 100 bots eliminated

Veteran: up to 300 bots eliminated

Elite: more than 300 bots eliminated

Something to that effect.

Just an idea...

Cheers :beerchug:

Last edited:
I think this might actually make me hunt those things more than the hope for PotE.
Since i already accepted that i won't be getting PotE and quit hunting the bots, but this could actually be achievable :)

:yay: nice idea,, {dont think i'll get cuz i is a mininer, but considering there is only a limeted number of POE, should make it more fun} +rep

good idea i would add the beret should be unlimted - kinda lame if (L) after a week it may break !

Probably not easy to implement afterwards. Easiest way would be to give them out as Christmas present this year, but that would mean everyone getting one, even if they were not directly involved with killing robots.

Theres only so many berets I can wear at once ;)

How about giving us medals we can display on a display panel or something?

Theres only so many berets I can wear at once ;)

How about giving us medals we can display on a display panel or something?

Or maybe some type of medal we can attach to our beret?

I'd say silver or golden stars to put on the first wave berets. (or any other hat, for those more noob than us)

I'll talk to the CDF. Major Carramone isn't returning my calls though.

,-)

,-)

I spoke to her yesterday and she says it's a great idea :p

(she also gave you permission to lend me her armorset ;-)...)

Great idea!

Would be a nice reminder in years to come of all the bots we've floored!

Regards,
Rira

Actually, tie the berets into the bits that are for the pote amour that we are unable to use that gives them a bit of value for something after the event....

Love the beret idea tho....:yay:

Actually, tie the berets into the bits that are for the pote amour that we are unable to use that gives them a bit of value for something after the event....

Love the beret idea tho....:yay:

Also a good idea! :)

,-)

She's playing hard to get.

Get her a SEG head or something for christmas, might do the trick

Great idea!

This makes it worth to join even if u dont belive in luck of looting the PoE-stuff.

/Argentum

No berets for people who were killed 100 times by robots ;)

Anyway, indeed, nice continuation of my earlier thought.

Just to repeat a point I made in Woolongong's thread. It is a great idea but the medals/berets need to be non-transferrable, remaining only wearable by the person who earned them. Otherwise they will mean nothing in the longer term.

I wouldn't get one, but I still think it's a great idea. :)

Think its a great idea :wtg:

I also like the idea, but the requirements should be a bit higher.
Can't say for sure, but I would estimate that I scrapped about 4000 of those tin heads and even a black beret with black stripes and black dots would not show that :D

Gah.... I don't know how to donate to a thread but I did give you props! Oh and btw I think it should be called the Jackfree Beret!!

After reading Wollongong's thread about new icons for EF, I thought it could be taken a bit further.

I think MA should issue the "Veteran of Robot War Beret" to all colonists that helped to repel the robot invasion, similar to the "First Wave Colonist Beret".

The beret could be awarded to all colonists that killed a certain number of bots during the war. Maybe even have different versions/ranks depending on how many robots you eliminated.

Green: up to 100 bots eliminated

Veteran: up to 300 bots eliminated

Elite: more than 300 bots eliminated

Something to that effect.

Just an idea...

,-)

Please do, as I lost her number. It seems the note pad I wrote in on was (L) and I had not noticed it was almost at minimum condition until too late.
While I might not get PoE armour, a PoE Beret (no protection) would be a nice gift.

shitty idea IMO, have you any idea of the reverse coding, or log trolling, that would have to be implemented? not unless they already planned for this, which I doubt.

Great Idea!
+rep

+ REP
Very good idea - It would be great if it would come true :yay:

Back