Ideas to improve society terminal (Part 2)

3 months have passed, so another useless bump :)

True, but MindArk PE AB is not interested in player retention.

Reason: UNKNOWN
I've only been playing for about four months so don't know if I'm qualified, but I get this impression as well. I was amazed at the graphics quality and other aspects of EU when I logged into the game for the very first time in the starting zone, so was expecting to see tens and tens of AVs almost constantly, yet you see just a few participants here and there.
As to the reason or reasons, maybe they don't want more than a certain number of players at any one time due to server considerations, and or because the existing trading elite don't want more competition.

Why not a bump :)
Thanks to you, we keep being a persistant pain in MA's ass.
Till they understand that some of our wishes are to their own good.

Thanks to you, we keep being a persistant pain in MA's ass.
Till they understand that some of our wishes are to their own good.
I still dream of what this game, COULD BE. Been dreaming since 2006 :ROFLMAO:

Maybe in a few years when UE5 comes.

Forgot about this thread for some time :) Guess a bump would be nice

So that's what +members means.

I think this would lead to different problems.

Who controls the society? Currently, one person has the ability to make major changes to the society. Recruiting, promoting and kicking members can be delegated to other ranks, but only if someone is promoted to those ranks. WOW has problems with some guild leaders treating the guild as their own property. They recruit and kick anyone for no reason at all. Here people could be kicked because they don't have enough kill count for the week. There's also nothing to prevent the guild leader from kicking the rest of the guild and withdrawing everything.
This could be addressed by giving each member a vote, and every player with a certain rank the ability to start a "elect new leader" campaign (but only once a month, and minimum 14 days in advance of the election date). And leader with the option of starting a "kick member" case, with 2/3 of leader group having to vote Yes (minimum leader group size 3, but bigger socs will have higher req). Also, there should not be an option to withdraw PED values from the soc - nor should we be able to put PED into a soc. That's a source of conflict.

A bump after half a year - First bump in 2023 :)

A bump after half a year - First bump in 2023 :)

thank you for continuing to be the sting causing MA the pain in the ass they need.
The sting still needs to go deeper though.

some more ideas:

Aged Society System – Time for a Change?

The Entropia Society System is so… 1999…
If I recall correctly, it has barely changed, if ever.

A - Analysis
Currently in Entropia we have a system of guilds, called Societies. There used to be a society terminal, but these have been removed and replaced with a button user interface.

Current features
1 - A repository GUI where we can view society info and a soc ranking by total skillcount;
2 - an IRC soc channel where we can chat;
3 - the possibility to use the society as a team for LandGrab.

That’s about it!

Problems

1 - The old repository GUI does bring back memories :) But it is not attractive or conform, neither does it have any actual benefit or value.

1b - In my humble opinion, the ‘total skillcount’ ranking is obsolete, mainly because it includes many societies and avatars that have been inactive for a long time.
With todays’ easy accessible high computing power, a more advanced query can easily be used.

2 – Currently we can make any irc channel in game we want and join it, no official society is needed for this. Is there actually little difference between a self-made IRC chat channel, and the society one, other then the word ‘society’, and it being limited in its members?

3 – The LandGrab issue: often friends who join helping out, cannot join in the profits they deserve for their efforts.

4 – An additional problem is that there is currently hardly any incentive for MA, nor for the player-base to change the system: after all, what would you choose to put your effort in? A revenue bringing event like mayhem, or overhauling the soc system?
For the player base there isn’t any incentive at the moment in having a high skill count, other then looking to max weapons, looter professions etc. This can be improved.

First Conclusion
All the features the current system of society has are, at the least, aged.

B - Possible Solutions

1 - An up-to-date GUI (codex-like) with fast loading pages. Incentives for both player-base and MA can be added.

1B – A ranking system with multiple variables can be implemented, queried once daily, for instance:

* ACTIVITY counts 40% to soc ranking:
total soc globals, with an aging system of the globals (<60days=100% / /<180days=60% // <360days=40% // >360days=10%)

* SKILLCOUNT counts 40% to soc ranking
total skill count, with an aging system of their values (activity= >10globals) (>10globals in 60days=100% // >10globals in 180days=60% // >10globals in 360days=30% // <10globals in 360days=10%)

* SOC AGE 10% to ranking
1% for each year this soc has existed

* ACTIVE MEMBERS 10% to ranking
active member = >10globals in last 60 days (=10% / total members * active members)

2 – IRC chat
First of all an inter-platform chat would be nice, so that we can easily follow what is going on in game when not logged in. Perhaps some integration to other platforms can be made?

Secondly, simply extend the current IRC to a GU where admins can set privileges.

Thirdly, can we instead of seeing ‘society’, see the name of our group instead?

3 – LandGrab
There is no reason why LandGrab should be limited to a society: opening this up will increase activity across Entropia.
I would propose a register at the LandGrab site is added, either with a terminal or just a GUI. There is no team system. We use the current reputation system there is from space PVP and extend it. No need for a new architecture. With the ‘reputation’ system, you can see a color over a person or object. This color is sufficient.
(1) Register or make your ‘team’ before LG
(2) Choose a color (team blue, team red, team black, team brown,…)
(3) Let the people apply to it (admin has to accept)
(4) go pvp against the other colors!
(5) Every participant gets a share of the LG they won

4 – Ranking Incentives
If you want something done, there needs to be revenue in it, preferably for both parties.

Incentives for MA:
- extra income from premium features
- more competition = engaging players = more player retention
- more modern system = good towards UE5

Incentives for players:
- an actual interesting ranking system, rather then an obsolete one
- premium features
- better competition

C – Changes and Incentives
- ranking system not limited to top50, but for all groups. (it used to be limited for data load reasons, which is no longer necessary today).

- added benefits above top100 communities
* 1 point for each position over nr100, so nr1 has 100points, nr100 has 1 point, nr10 has 90points.

* points can be balanced on benefits, balance to be set by the communities’ admin, (for instance 1hp costs 1point (max+10) // 1%crit costs 10points (max+5) // 10% skill improvement bonus costs 10points (max10%) // autoloot costs 20points,…)
Initially only a couple of benefits are available. With time more can be added.

* each active used point costs 1ped/month for each ava (so your soc can choose to be a free soc in top100, or to pay for some benefit points).

- added features to socs/guilds/clans/communities/groups or whatever the best name is:

- auto-kick after x days of inactivity

- The ability to join multiple societies, however you will only have the benefits of your main society, as your stats will only contribute to your main society.
- …

Other features: see link:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...as-to-improve-society-terminal-part-2.238351/

First, would like to mention I do like your post, effort and etc. This reply is really only meant to highly what I dont like in the suggestions and why
Last Login (having it in FL is nice, but time consuming to check),
Only my friends should know that and only when I want to. They cant even know if Im icognito mode and while I dont use it often. I dont think negating a proper mechanic that has legitimate use to be good.

- Activity (Graph showin hours nnline - week, month, year stating also the total for specific time-range).
Never. My activity is not public. It's like asking a random date if she's tight down there.. There just things you dont talk about with everyone.

Auto-Promote/Demote

Options of:
  • skill-based
  • time-based
These are nobody business. No one has the right to know my skills or time base. In fact you can even block it from being given with a scanner where people spend decay to know

Anility to setup requirements by society leader:

• Minimum Health
  • Minimum Highest Profession
  • Minimum Total Skills
  • Minimum Reputation
  • Minimum Age
  • Country
Thats nobody business. Reputation is so arbitrary, age as no place in this game. We all supposed to be adult and even that shouldnt matter because many act like they were 5 yrs old. Country is nobody business either. Thats a lot of personal information that are there.

To have societies fight for different stats in rankings add the following TOP50:
All these dig at my personal life, activity and time use is a gross abuse of my personal life.
One should be allowed to DECIDE what they want to SHARE by THEMSELVES.
I really dont like someone saying that if you wanna join a gold club, you need to play naked just so people can see me like a Boorum.

Storage

Members put in items they can lend out and the soc leaders are able to recall these items at any time. In addition to that it could be upgradeable so it can hold more items (Either by events, missions or other form)
Oh, I would love to buy a gun 12000p and share it with 3 society members that play different timeline or borrow my friend azure this way. Would be great but then there no economy or even game value anymore because you just need 1 suit for several members. Can build 1 suit worth 100k ped and share it between 5 members where they only need to provide a partial paiement a year to have access to my items. But yeah.. Destroy the whole economic of "rare" weapon and make all other weapons useless.
I want to borrow messi dagger and his UL bong(Jealous of that bong)! That way I can blame being high and stab someone in the neck at high efficiency and farm using a weapon worth too much for no investment! (Like my exemple of economic destruction/rendered invalid?) Not to mention that the whole bank system become irrelevant.

Society Guest List
Soc Ranks 1+2 should have option to add/remove people from the guest list.
All people on guestlist have access to Soc Chat (read/write).
In Soc chat guests should have a tag (guest) when writing there.
We already have that. It's called a invite only channel. Enjoy it, that one really nice and already work.

Back