Ideas to improve society terminal

Status
I think they do want to implement improvements, but they are aware that beacons, taming and makeup take priority.

Full marks for persisting with this though, and lets hope we get them in due course. :)

I know, but they could add something here and there :) And some of these ideas wouldn't require too much coding...

I know, but they could add something here and there :) And some of these ideas wouldn't require too much coding...

I know what you're saying, but MA appear to assess what's wrong, what's broken, what could be improved, test it, implement it and give it out. The new Mentorship is much improved on the old system as an example - daily updates, both parties get a gift, ability to view all mentors and so on.

Auction had the same interface for 5 years, then MA improved it, added search and filters pretty rapidly. Made finding "stuff" and buying "stuff" so much easier.

I reckon they will overhaul the society interface - which hasn't changed in the past 5+ years soon (tm) and look forward to them doing so. :)

I reckon they will overhaul the society interface - which hasn't changed in the past 5+ years soon (tm) and look forward to them doing so. :)

Hopefully this :)

More input welcomed

Bump this up again :)

Some of this for the next update :)

Up up and away we go :)

Absolutely agree with most points on page 1.

I would urge the developers to prioritise improving soc communication and awareness at least.

It's hard to understand why such an old system is still in place unchanged. Eve, for example, has a system of "chat channels" that leaves EU totally in the shade.

At the moment we're all playing essentially as individuals. I can see that the game owners perceive that as an advantage but long-term and broad-view this approach has to be short sighted.

Sure, with RCE and the high cost of playing, EU will never be a truly social or mass-appeal MMO. That said however, the current crappy soc system is probably the single biggest factor that limits mass popularity of the game.

Absolutely agree with most points on page 1.

I would urge the developers to prioritise improving soc communication and awareness at least.

It's hard to understand why such an old system is still in place unchanged. Eve, for example, has a system of "chat channels" that leaves EU totally in the shade.

At the moment we're all playing essentially as individuals. I can see that the game owners perceive that as an advantage but long-term and broad-view this approach has to be short sighted.

Sure, with RCE and the high cost of playing, EU will never be a truly social or mass-appeal MMO. That said however, the current crappy soc system is probably the single biggest factor that limits mass popularity of the game.

Exactly why I am still bumping this thread whenever I can :)

And your next step is to send a signed petition to EU right, through this forum and EF?

I hope so. You have had some great ideas and I hope to see some of them come true.

Try anything you can, one way might work :cool:

Couldn't agree more some really good idea's there, including the alliance suggestion :eyecrazy:.

Thanks guys :)

Justin has seen this thread and gave me a +REP for the ideas, so they are aware of this thread and these ideas :) Hopefully they will start putting them in game :)

Up with this thread again :)

Couple of other ideas

* Add an ability to add 'keywords' so that societies that consider themselves in certain categories are searchable. Ie mining specific societies may add keywords like mining, ore, trade, enmatter etc so that players may search for societies with similiar interests.

* Society bank that is accessible by the leader and top ranked members. Gives players the ability to donate to the society or save up for certain things. IE they might create their bank to save up to fund for ammo/weapons for events or land grabs or space battles or whatever.

Great ideas hope to see some of them in game soon.

Social aspects of this game need upgrading :)

I sure hope some of these features come in this update we are about to have :)

a crude drawing of indicators
08Nov20111121AMconcept.png

Great ideas!!!!

Bumping these ideas again :)

Its good to see this thread is getting some attention. There are some great ideas in this thread that are long overdue :)

Its good to see this thread is getting some attention. There are some great ideas in this thread that are long overdue :)

Thank you, I am trying as much as I can :)

I know this is kind of stealing from WoW, but one thing I really enjoyed about guilds in WoW is the group activities and achievements they allowed guilds to do together.

Since Entropia now has achievements, perhaps Entropia can implement missions, achievements, etc. for societies which in turn, unlock things for soc members either after completing the mission or the society can earn society points and gain levels. I.e. special society jackets (customized by each soc) which then can be bought from soc terminal for ped, decals for vehicles, etc. These are just quick ideas ofc. This will allow another society ranking aside from skills by counting society points. This will display which society is most active together. I know this can be beneficial for hunters who prefer to team hunt and be active with fellow soc mates.

Just a thought.

-Hyp

- Show last activity of a player(time-day-month-year)

- Option to Auto-kick due to inactivity(set to 1month 2months 3months 6months 1year)

- Auto-promote/demote (options of skill-based or duration-in-soc-based)

- Auto-Delete(Disband) SOCIETY after ALL members are inactive for more than 6 months(should be done automatically, many dead socs in game :rolleyes:)

- Leadership: leader could decide on who will take his place without people having to vote

- Alliance: 3 socs could form an aliance(meaning they could have their own chat and cooperate this way, you could also add allies to your FL from terminal)

ADDED from suggestions in posts below:

- Society list (no need to put all your society members in FL list, you can PM them from soc list)

- Application: should be more complex(add date of entry into the game, max lvl in any prof, total skills)

- Add that soc leaders should be able to see each members total skill count.

- Change soc rank from average skill total to average skill volume (tt value).

- Minimum 10 members to be ranked.

- Ability to notify all members with important information.

- Increase maximum number of member "Ranks" available in the society and make the rank titles customisable by the society leader. (Similar to the way ranks work in XFIRE guild).

- Make society features also available through the web interface to aid senior members with administration (for example, so that member list could be cut&pasted into a spreadsheet).

- Different color of message when a soc mate globals or hofs (so that we dont miss it)

- Update of GUI for Society Terminal (its funny how we have a different looking GUI for everything)

Please post your thoughts on this

Thanks,
TJ:bandit:

my thoughts exactly :wtg:

I know this is kind of stealing from WoW, but one thing I really enjoyed about guilds in WoW is the group activities and achievements they allowed guilds to do together.

Since Entropia now has achievements, perhaps Entropia can implement missions, achievements, etc. for societies which in turn, unlock things for soc members either after completing the mission or the society can earn society points and gain levels. I.e. special society jackets (customized by each soc) which then can be bought from soc terminal for ped, decals for vehicles, etc. These are just quick ideas ofc. This will allow another society ranking aside from skills by counting society points. This will display which society is most active together. I know this can be beneficial for hunters who prefer to team hunt and be active with fellow soc mates.

Just a thought.

-Hyp

Some very good thoughts here :)

Going off Hypnotyk's suggestion:

Allow societies to be upgraded via resources. Upgraded societies get access to more repeatable missions.

Status
Back