If you were stuck with only using a few sets of armor what would you pick?

ledja

Dominant
Society
Rangers
Ledjaman theledja ras
Just wanted to hear what others have in mind.

Personally I would say viceroy + vigilante are great and cover a wide range of mobs with different plating.

Though sometimes I am forced to use (L) such as persues when the damage is too high ;) .

Your thoughts?

Depends entirely on what you hunt, how much you want to spend, etc etc. I could recommend Grem or Suprem but it's an entirely different budget ;)

I have used for many years pixie and ghost with sets of 5b and a set of 6a plates.....I'm not a big spender, so I use limited foot guards(angel) because the ghost feet are so expensive....

Over the years I have collected many sets of armor , which I never use.

Depending on your evade/dodge and health , which mine is 41 evade/dodge 42 with 220 health. I find Viceroy with various plates sufficient to handle most mobs from level 25 to 40 levels. For higher maturities i rely on Mayhem L or Perseus L , which will handle anything my pedcard can absorb.

When it comes to lower levels mobs up to level 25 , I find the adj resto chip as my best option without armor.

If I was forced to use only 1 set of armor, I think it would have to be Adj Nemesis for my level (L50 laser). I think with that I would have a wide range of mobs I could hunt and should be able to make it work. Of course, if my budget can afford it, Angel or Adj Angel would be much better, but if I was on a limited budget, Adj Nemesis would do.

For someone below level 40, there are cheaper options. One great combination of armors is Gremlin, Ghost and Mah'ketta, I'd say most players have owned these at one time or other and made good use of all of them.

The easiest and best progression for hunters is probably:
1. Pixie
2. Adj Pixie
3. Gremlin
4. Ghost +Mah'ketta for bots
or just Adj Nemesis if budget allows
5. next, Martial is a nice cheap option for bigger mobs
After that it's a matter of budget, availability and/or preference.

Mod viceroy for noob stuff, wormslayer for everything it can't handle :D

Over the years I have collected many sets of armor , which I never use.

Same.

I do about 95% of my hunting in either PoE+5b, Knight+5a,, or without any armour at all. The most commonly used after that is Sala+6a. Viking and Thunderbird get to play out occasionally.

Define "stuck". If you're not marrying it, who or what is limiting you other than budget? If you still can pick, you're not stuck. Imagine being stuck not with, but without, and not even being told why. Such occurrences make one ponder about being "stuck" in a game at all. There will be repercussions. #cyrenegate

Adjusted Pixie, Hunter Mentor Edition and a (partly) Adjusted Nemesis with a couple different plates is what I use exclusively these days. Of these, only the Nem is to be replaced eventually by another upgrade path, the basics remain. Had accumulated some more armours in the past but found it's really pointless. Growing defensive skills and a decent fap fill the gaps. Where that together isn't good enough, if the equipment for a target is out of my reach, then the running budget for it also is. The latter is actually more important. You're doing the right thing using limited gear for limited pursuits.

I use Ghoul for most things, and swap to Mah'ketta if I need a bit more burn/pen. tbh my Ghoul at tier 5 is fine for burn/pen but it's simpler just to swap armours than plates :)

Acid is lacking on Ghoul, and for cut/stab mobs it's a little weak, but most the stuff I hunt can be done naked with a resto chip (140m range helps) so the armour just makes life easier.

Mah'ketta is most universal, just swap 5A/6A plates. And very budget

Ghost, adj vigi and Spartacus.

I also agree on the Mah'ketta, great all around but especially for bots, and Jarhead is another great option for an inexpensive upgrade from ghost.

Mod viceroy for noob stuff, wormslayer for everything it can't handle :D
wormslayer ooooh aaaaah.
After Mod viceroy my favorite is Adjusted Nemesis. All i got for bigger mobs now is L perseus and L pegasus.

My current choice would be adjusted Jaguar which is great for robots. Decent Imp/Cut/Stab for most other mobs, and cold for feffs or tanking the boss at Jinns pit.

Once the markups for upgrading mod viceroy come down and I can afford throwing that amount of money at a bound item, that will become my new favourite :D

I used to run Liakon for melee and Adj Vigi for robots. I think this is a very wise setup for a budget player.

Another incredible budget set is Gremlin.

I do think the mod Viceroy is amazing. Just can't handle the fact that it's avatar-bound

Adjusted nemesis.
Works against most melee mobs and bots alike.
No more need to switch armour between melee mobs and bots.
Also some nice crit damage reduction. And nice dodge bonus against bots.

Excellent midrange armour.

I have stolen imperium and adjusted vigi. 5b/6a. I used to own a big ass carnival armor, eon harness, eon helmet, sandstormer arms and shins, augmented vigi thighs, martial sga feet and gloves. But then we got free hp two times from Mindark so I didn't need it anymore.

Last edited:
Liakon and Phantom covers most things, I have viceroy for acid. For bots that are too big for Phantom with pen and burn plates I have pegasus (same set for 3 years now) If the melee mobs are large I use Perseus, but this rarely comes out unless it is a soc hunt or boss mobs or very large stuff which I try to avoid hunting. I am very big into armours and find being able to craft my own L plates covers off a lot of mobs. I did sell my adj vigi to help fund a weapon upgrade because at the time I did not really hunt Bots although I regret that now and when funds allow I will probably buy another set. If I was going to cut down to two armours I would go with phantom and adjusted vigi with all the variety of plates I could add to them

Back