IFN Intelligence: The Oratan seem to be gearing up for another attack!

Looks like more of Arkadia copying the type of "event" that Calypso insist on repeating over and over even though most people don't like them. Why?

Looks like more of Arkadia copying the type of "event" that Calypso insist on repeating over and over even though most people don't like them. Why?

Na... its not a copy, and players like it. There are Official avatars healing the defenders. it's more fun than some antique herd style event. However the lag is not fun, MA needs to fix the current Lag situation on all of the planets.

Na... its not a copy, and players like it. There are Official avatars healing the defenders. it's more fun than some antique herd style event. However the lag is not fun, MA needs to fix the current Lag situation on all of the planets.

Massive HP shared mobs... many of which are unreachable... put 50 PED into a mob and some other guy will probably get the loot. Sounds the same to me.

I suppose the addition of free healing to devalue skills and gear even more is new.

Last edited:
Massive HP shared mobs... many of which are unreachable... put 50 PED into a mob and some other guy will probably get the loot. Sounds the same to me.

I suppose the addition of free healing to devalue skills and gear even more is new.

That's why they like it :p I've heard somewhere that there is no such things a free meal or something like that. Well this is it. The drop of the blp modmerc is a good example of it :)

That's why they like it :p I've heard somewhere that there is no such things a free meal or something like that. Well this is it. The drop of the blp modmerc is a good example of it :)

If you starve 10 dogs for a month and then throw them all into a pit with a single piece of meat, it would be wrong to conclude that dogs enjoy dismembering each other.

If you starve 10 dogs for a month and then throw them all into a pit with a single piece of meat, it would be wrong to conclude that dogs enjoy dismembering each other.

I feel like one of the dogs that didn't get a piece of that meat each time :D I hate these events so much that I do not have time to write about all the hate. They are just fucked up and IMO the only thing dropping from these mobs should be low tt non-rare stackables!

You all act like these mobs drop nothing but high end items and give back 10% tt return :scratch2:

99% of the loot from them is oil, some with some ok MU (kidney, spleen, heart, brain, etc), or tt food hides. Most have found the returns to be normalish (70-90% tt return) as long as you stick it out for a few hours to get in on some of the hofs.

Its a fun event if you want to shoot some big mobs. The healers there mean you can actually keep on the mob very rarely miss out on a boss because you were the unlucky sob that it locked on to.

These particular Arkadian events have been quite popular. So I guess some people must like them. I know I had a fun time.

im enjoying these events!

Different strokes for different folks i guess. If its not ur cup of tea, then fine, dont take part.
Theres loads of event i dont like so its nice to see one that i do.

The lag needs to be looked at a bit tho, but thats everything from lootlag to unplayable events!

Those healers have some power, wow. :ahh:

These oratan events have become my favorite events. Good work Ark

Its a fun event if you want to shoot some big mobs. The healers there mean you can actually keep on the mob very rarely miss out on a boss because you were the unlucky sob that it locked on to.

Two elements make these events unique: the uber field heal chip (170m range) and the way the officials can spawn the mobs manually, I don't know if those things have ever been done before in EU. Players are always asking for more Dev interaction in the game so I think it's only a matter of time before people here start bugging Kim and team to do something similar.

Like Svena, I've seen pretty normal hunting returns on them as well (people with too low or too high dps might not).

Last edited:
Arkadian Colony Defence – Ongoing Multiple Attacks!

If you are able to lend support, please assemble at
COURAGEOUS FIREBASE (Coordinates 15184, 25710) or
STEADFAST FIREBASE (Coordinates 18583, 13747).

Intel points to the following date and time for the attack (MA/in-game time):

17th January 2014 @ 19:00
18th January 2014 @ 19:00

The Oratan are likely to be throwing all they have at these bases including the largest and strongest warriors they can muster. IFN combat forces are currently deployed elsewhere, however IFN Command will make personnel available for Paramedical duties to assist colonial fighters.

HUGE battle ongoing now and a lot of awesome items have dropped :eek:

Back