I'm so stuck to this game after new VU

Fenuix

Guardian
Society
WildD3amons
Fenuix Fix Flame
Literally.

I am not here to whine or rant, nor am i here to praise or compliment. I am simply here to state a simple fact.

I created my ava today and all went fine, my gfx card seems to work ok with faces, although armour still isn't shiny. And when I logged in for the first time after new the new VU, I wanted to take a look at the banks.

I went to Neverdie's bank, and looked around in the other ones as well. Until I came to the one in Argus. The Pyramid. Looked nice from the outside and so I went in; this proved to be a big mistake. When going down stairs inside the bank, surprise surprise, I got stuck.

And then I CTD. Logged in again and was still stuck, and got a CTD after 2 seconds.
Frankly Said: Why the hell can't MA make sure that all things work properly before they put them to use??

It is utterly ridiculous that you can get stuck in a game like this, and have to wait weeks for MA to look at your support case.

To tell you the truth I liked the new VU, and I'm not a whiner at all. Quite on the contrary. But this time, I can't play Entropia because the programmers are not professional enough.

So I will wait, and I will be patient. And maybe I will not play Entropia for weeks.

But community, we have to do something. We can not let MA implement updates that don't work properly and that look bad for a majority of the players.

I would be embarrassed to release a game with so many faults in it :mad:

We, the players, are customers and I will refuse to be treated like this.

Do you not agree?

--Fix Flame

erm silly question it might be but you never know ... did you try to press T ??

erm silly question it might be but you never know ... did you try to press T ??

Lol, ofcourse I did :)

The thing is I CTD literally 2 seconds after I log on, and I don't have time to revive :(

Literally.

I am not here to whine ........ >>>

But community, we have to do something. We can not let MA implement updates that don't work properly and that look bad for a majority of the players.

I would be embarrassed to release a game with so many faults in it :mad:

We, the players, are customers and I will refuse to be treated like this.

Do you not agree?

--Fix Flame

im fully agree --- letz set a point now !

I got stuck there too. I stayed on between 15 and 30 seconds each time. I could not log on when I had a ctd because according to the loader I as still logged on.

I did a T, had a ctd within 20 seconds and when I could get back on I was at a revival and no longer on the stairs. The counter kept going for me after the CTD so if it did not work the first time try again.

Lol, ofcourse I did :)

The thing is I CTD literally 2 seconds after I log on, and I don't have time to revive :(

I had similar experience before the vu. Seems certain areas or objects disagree with my system. Usually after a number of tries I could "T" out. Some suggestions:
hit "T Y" before you can actually see anything.
Sometimes I can click the middle mouse button and change my viewpoint away from the offending object before it tries to render.

Your situation might be totally different, but its worth a few more tries.

lol, those stairs are a trap!!! :D

I got caught once, but did not had any problems and kept happily rubber-banding for 60secs until i got teleported.

i had the same problem at the same place but i managed to get out, when i relogged back in there were no graphics so didnt know which direction was facing, so i tried running appeared to be going nowhere, after about the fifth time of ctds i found myself in the corner and had escaped

Oh my, thats just aweful for you and I hope they can fix it for you real soon, however look on the bright side of things think of all the ped your saving by not being able to change your clothes and armor. :)

I completely agree Trance... although we all know that a few companies release dodgy software, no names but remember an OS and/or GAME that needed patching, updateing ect. and kept customer layalty and dependancy high throught the need to download such.

It's fast becomming a standard with MA. I love the games enviroment, but see why so many people complain about its reliability.

Not on MA's side here, but how do you trail run a system so incorperated, without spending a fortune on test servers. Running it in practice and suffering the glitches is all we can do, as long as we dont lose finanially.
With the hope that MA sorts it quickly, by patching.

Here's to enjoying the game, and bitching about it at the same time... :yay:

Something about those stairs - I got stuck too - kinda makes me wonder just how many people got caught there lol - Have to say I didn't bother going back into that bank after that.

Software of any description can have bugs and it's near impossible to test every last thing. We are the ones who are constantly bitching that MA are late on delivery of the VU's - then we complain if it isn't absolutely perfect. I feel your pain in getting stuck - sounds like you are like me - one day with EU and the world is ending - when my laptop couldn't run the new VU - I went out and bought a whole new PC the next day and was back on EU that night - feeeew didn't miss a day.

MA seem pretty good at getting these things sorted fairly fast - so I hope they will have you back on within the day :) Good luck with it.

Hope these tips help you to eventually stay on long enough to T out of there

Check your game options before logging in.
Turn off everything including ads, lower your screen resolution, turn off streaming if its on, don't be in windows mode etc.

As quickly as possible try to get to the options and lower the graphics settings including avatar and terrain ones. You also might try just turning around 180 degrees or so. Also try hitting E for jump and Q for run at same time as your authorizing and that might also help you to get unstuck before you start rendering what is around you or what it is that has you trapped.

You might have to log in a few times to get to the options.

Good luck, I hope something here helps. I hope MA helps quickly if these ideas don't work.

Hope these tips help you to eventually stay on long enough to T out of there

Check your game options before logging in.
Turn off everything including ads, lower your screen resolution, turn off streaming if its on, don't be in windows mode etc.

As quickly as possible try to get to the options and lower the graphics settings including avatar and terrain ones. You also might try just turning around 180 degrees or so. Also try hitting E for jump and Q for run at same time as your authorizing and that might also help you to get unstuck before you start rendering what is around you or what it is that has you trapped.

You might have to log in a few times to get to the options.

Good luck, I hope something here helps. I hope MA helps quickly if these ideas don't work.

I got stuck too on them steps lucky this is the one time I did not ctd .. I was able to get out with T...

try it what u got to lose?

Thanks for the support everyone, and yes, with your tips I finally managed to revive safely. The thing was that I jumped down into the stairs somehow so I was really far down, thus the fast CTD I guess.

And I agree with all the posts that it takes a lot of money to run test servers etc., but for a game that claims to have such a big player base I think it is a necessity. And I also feel sorry for the owner of the bank, because personally I am not going in there again.

Again, MA made a client who has invest thouands of PEDs lose several customers due to a simple problem that could have been fixed with some testing first.

Owell, I am back again now, and I thank you all once again for helping out :laugh:

Back