FYI: I'm truly offended

Mischief

Prowler
Society
Natural Born Killers
Steve Mischief Sunderland
Yes, I feel offended.

With the latest VU Mindark managed to offend me. Didn't think it would happen, been here a while and seen most nerfs, strange looking shit, thing not working etc but this new Avatar system just is too much.
I can't stand being ingame looking at other avatars or mine. Sure I got it looking humanoid..ish but the physics is all wrong. It can not walk in a fashion that even resemlbe a human walk, with torso straight up and legs moving in front of avatar only. Female avatar kneel when walking, lookin like they are climbing mountains on plain ground. Boobs looks like balloons no matter what size they are. Stuff really isn't attached, everything looks bolted on. Armor doesn't hold together, there are cracks between part, avatar gets a silly Quasimodo style hump when in armor not to mention the vulture's neck head stance. In short - it looks like something out of Looney Toons. If someone at Mindark thought we would have good laugh, and move on I believe they are making a huge mistake. I feel like they are pissing on us, making fun of us when they really should show us respect as being their customers. They just put the game 10 years back, probably destroying the reputation as a serious partner for a long time ahead.

I hate seeing it and suddenly feels sick when logging in. Playing in 1st person mode doesn't help. I KNOW how sillly it looks.

I'm out until the bug fix comes. We'll see if they fixed it 'til then. If nesecarry I log in if there is something that needs my attention.
I have also sent a support case to Mindark expressing this, but in oh so many more and somewhat stronger words, still being ever so polite.

Hope to see you all soon,
Steve

I'm starting to wonder if they have done this to cover up the skill gains we have lost!

not sure if this is true but I bloody hope not.:eyecrazy:

I don't really understand the unhappiness with the latest VU. Was one of the best VUs I've ever experienced as a player for over 7 years now. No major problems with server downtime and unexpected errors, like on some recent VUs. They changed a very costly situation for players that accidentally shoot the ground/air/etc. They even removed the armor equiping fee (something that was extremely unpopular when they added it).

I love how Skippie came out, but if I didn't, there's another shot at it. There is a second chance for all players to remake their avatars next week. If you didn't come out with something you like on the first pass, just be patient and change it next week.

The already have 6 million handed to them by the participants... You'd hope it'd go in to hiring descent developers, but I suspect it's going to vacations and hiring a lawyer so that they can sell the whole business and move on? Maybe this is a preview/tech demo of what's to come when Blizzard or Disney buys out Mindark?

Last edited:
They changed a very costly situation for players that accidentally shoot the ground/air/etc. They even removed the armor equiping fee (something that was extremely unpopular when they added it).

Some positive things they have done but who is going to cover them cost? Less skill gains maybe

(I still do not know if this is true as have not hunted since the update)

Agree , this sucks big time , had my ava done exactly as i wanted first time i created him ,in 2009 .

I made him look like me in rl , as good as it could be done.
I would rather have a random girl ava to look at atm , as this sucks BIG TIME MA !!!!!!!!!

get my ava back and make it NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no lame excuses and no lame crap about how wonderful they can look , i tried but gave up , he still looked like potheaded nerd ,

yes, Disney would be better , im better off looking like mickey the mouse then this crap

I know its been rough for some people with this VU, but please keep in mind the things skippie noted.

Its kinda nice knowing that now hunters will save ped (which will most likely get cycled).
We all get a whole week of makeovers! Thats kinda super cool. I am quite dormant in eu now, but I still log on everyday and say hi to people. I also kept a set of clothes and am looking forward to making my avatar look precisely like me IRL. (except im adding more muscle and less fat :p)

EU really seems to be stepping in the right direction, but it is very hard to please everyone. Be mindfull that only 10,000 players play eu (estimated based on 10,000 globalers on tracker). That is really ... nothing. I am sure mindark is not heavily staffed, and their priority really should be making the game better, and easier for new players.

I am not withdrawing my peds from the game, and have gone into "cld mode". I look forward to seeing how the game develops and hope you will consider your dismay. Next week will be nice with the makeovers!

Yes, I feel offended....I can't stand being ingame looking at other avatars or mine.

Yes, this Entropia Universe is ugly now. Ugly.

Let us wait for the next patch and hopefully we'll find again the Universe we like.

Mischief, I fully agree with you!
VU 14 avatar movements, physics etc all just terrible (looks like it even have wrong center of gravity).
Even avatar shaping changing in weird way, when you run/jump/equip one-handed item.

It would appear the avatar remake was not just cosmetic update. Yes, my avatar does run funny :laugh: but I'm sure next few vu's they'll improve the cosmetics...

but I'm sure next few vu's they'll improve the cosmetics...
Yep... most likely.
But WTH they did 3.5 years? And why they can't test it before they release all that mess? If we wait it since august 2009 (and that was really huge delay), I'm sure most of us could wait several weeks/months more to get "new working avatar system" with normal avatars/textures/skins/clothes/armors etc. instead of "new avatar bug system".

P.S. Don't forget, what any item you wearing actually part of your avatar, when you wearing it, since it replace body part, that it's covering (that's why they should properly remake all wearable items, we have).

Last edited:
i love when people complain and then i see them global ingame... lol cut the shit this VU rocks.

I agree fully, Steve.

I feel humiliated by the new looks of the avatar. I look like a f*cking cartoon when I run and my avatar is no where close to what it looked like in the creation window. I feel like MA did this as a joke, just to have something to laugh about. I mean come on! They must have a sandbox or something where they try out their new code?

Nothing about the avatars look good anymore.
Sure, the avatar look is not the reason I play this game, but I don't want to spend 1-1.5h doing the makeover to find out I don't look anything like I made the avatar.

Yes, they did good things in the VU aswell, like the change of the HA, and the removal of the shooting in air cost.
But that's not what this thread is about, it's about the new Avatar System.

And I feel like Steve, I will be logging in much less 'cause of this. I don't want to run around with something that looks like..I don't even know how to describe it.

Really badly done MA!

Freddie

i love when people complain and then i see them global ingame... lol cut the shit this VU rocks.

Well, I for one did not global, how could I when busy holding a bucket to throw up in?

I understand if the progamers doesn't care about the looks of their avatars, but for most of us this is, or was a place where we could do sometihng else than the everyday RL grind. Where's the fun to run around in an environment filled with butt ugly looney toons?
More so, since a vast majority of the avatars "randomly created" all looked like fat blobs or neanderthals, I would say that Mindark truly is mocking us, even humiliating us. There is NO way that a "random" avatar creating system would fuck up looks on so many avatars unless someone thought it would be a funny gag. Not the best way to keep customers happy as I see it. But still, the worst problem is the lack of realistic movement, the misplaced center of gravity and axis, legs in armors look broken etc.

Some things about this VU is excellent, I didn't dis it as a whole. But how the hell did hey manage to mess up avatar movements, physics, center of graviry etc. I recommend Mindark to have a look how other game developers do it. EVE does it better, APB does it better. In fact, f*cking SIMS does it better.

Just sad that mods didn't kept this thread where it would actually be seen by the devs, but cowardly moved into the beauty section. Guess it's a question of payroll. Or misplaced loyalties. Or something.

I don't really understand the unhappiness with the latest VU. Was one of the best VUs I've ever experienced as a player for over 7 years now. No major problems with server downtime and unexpected errors, like on some recent VUs. They changed a very costly situation for players that accidentally shoot the ground/air/etc. They even removed the armor equiping fee (something that was extremely unpopular when they added it).

I love how Skippie came out, but if I didn't, there's another shot at it. There is a second chance for all players to remake their avatars next week. If you didn't come out with something you like on the first pass, just be patient and change it next week.

I'm of a similar opinion to Skippie, Vu 9 remade our faces radically, with Vu 14 we can pretty much re-create our Vu 12.8 avatars (to the degree that little difference will be made if that choice is made)

There is a disconnect issue, but I've seen that about 5 times since Vu 10, I've no doubt it'll be fixed soon.

For old timers like myself who remember the near "riot" over the 2 pec armor tax on equip, the reversal years later should be celebrated, other new improvements like HA improvement for lower / mid level players, better explanation of MISS msgs and other improvements make this a pretty good VU.

Stay Calm And Carry On! ;)

Could one of those complaining about the new avatar animation please upload a video of themselves running, as I honestly do not see any problem with it...? :scratch2:

Could one of those complaining about the new avatar animation please upload a video of themselves running, as I honestly do not see any problem with it...? :scratch2:

Just as soon as MA implement it.... ;)

Soc mate had a black triangle following him about due to his cap (of all things), I've seen it in game and screenshots, hope MA can find out what caused that btw.

ah so u dont hunt,craft or mine just login and look at ur avatar?

Really none of your business, but Yes, I tried that, but all over the place are these butt ugly freaks that Mindark created.

I don't know where you're from but I try to stay away from ugly things. If you read my OP you would understand what I'm trying to say and wouldn't have to be stuck up smug about it.
As I ,as I already said, plays this game for fun and been doing so for the last 7 years I get very upset and disappointed when Mindark, again, passes something that isn't fully tested and make me spend hours to try to correct their f*cking mistakes.

Here just example (2 frame GIF animation):

vu_14_-_equip_-_run_-_jump_etc_bug.gif

N.B. No, I don't change my gender here I just equipping/unequipping my Scanner :ahh:
Same happened when you take any other one hand item or walk or run or jump etc...

ah so u dont hunt,craft or mine just login and look at ur avatar?
[sarcasm mode on]
Well, from that point of view what was reason to use something different from text based mode?
GameBryo -> CryENGINE 2 only n00bs need that!
MUD forever! :wise:
[/sarcasm mode off]

If you happy with what you got - good for you, no offense.

Gone 3 years to come back and see things are still normal and NBK whines as much as they always have

It's just too bad MA made such a big deal about the avatar makeover, honestly doesn't mean much to me, will redo next week. I think there were some positive changes, and would have preferred a mini-vu or patch, until the av redo was truly finished. I would prefer to believe that MA did this, because they had promised it and on a specific date, and were overly optimistic about completion...and chose to release it as is with the other changes to try and keep that promise...which if they hadn't, at least as many people would have come up with a reason to be critical and post negatively. I do believe this is better than not informing us at all, come on. Maybe a suggestion might be not to roll anything out, or not even announce anything, till it's done...but then we would have no hint what might be coming. My 7th PEU birthday was October, a week doesn't mean much to me unless it affects gameplay, and this VU is far better than most in that respect.

The real problem with this VU is significantly reduced skill gain overall with the lowering of mob levels, and I'm not talking about something that was truly unbalanced like Carabok.

Saving 7 pec on armor equipping, not paying if you shoot the ground or air (no gain for me), higher hit ability with unl weapons that most people shouldn't use because they aren't high skilled + have an uber eco weapon, all that crap is just a distraction.

Gone 3 years to come back and see things are still normal and NBK whines as much as they always have

Too bad, I was hoping that we were rid of you forever.
We in NBK know why you are mad at us, I'm sure you dont' want the rest of the community to know the reason.

As a player since many years I feel that I have the right to complain about things not working properly. Since Mindark management hardly plays the game,despite the fact they say they do, we, not NBK but all of us, need to let them know that we are discontent when they implement poorly developed systems to the game.

As for you, contribute in a way that enhances the player base's game experience or crawl back into your little pot of thyme.

Here just example (2 frame GIF animation):

vu_14_-_equip_-_run_-_jump_etc_bug.gif

N.B. No, I don't change my gender here I just equipping/unequipping my Scanner :ahh:
Same happened when you take any other one hand item or walk or run or jump etc...

I noticed something like that with female avatar when equipping ball fap. Chest bounces out then back. Was like that for a long time before this VU.:D

I'm with Steve on this one.

I've been lucky enough to actually get my ava looking half decent... Though it took a bloody long time to do so. but that doesnt change the fact that I'm pissed.

I care a lot about the look of my ava and have spent a lot of ped and effort on clothes etc to make it just how I want it. Still several items of my clothes are bugged from over 6 months ago so that they are grey and pixelless so cannot be worn... and now I move like a fucking neanderthol. Not to mention when you put armor on.. god forbid. Bloody hunchback with a predator face. C'mon!!

I do happen to spend half my time standing around in game.. be in crafting or chatting or trying to organise something in soc. So I spend a great deal or time looking at my avatar. But when I do do something I want to be able to do it correctly. Improvements are great! I'm all for them... But make sure the "improvements" actually are!

And if the skill gains are as decreased as everyone is saying well... That's a whole other kettle of fish. Hopefully that's just a bug, a side-effect like the loot was last VUs.. but if not then MA have some serious sweet talking to do. How many times are they going to nerf shit?! Why not get things bloody right the first time and leave things well alone after it's implimented?

And while we're at it... Why don't you fix all the existing bugs you keep promising to fix before you give us 3,000 more and try to make us forget the old ones.

Grrrr.

First of all, in general i'm happy with the changes and what i don't like i can remake in a few days.

Used to laugh over all this barbie stuff with others, but i do realize that whole game industry moves forward and EU simply can't afford to be left behind. It was right decision to move forward, no point in discussing that.

However, over time i'm starting to notice the same stuff:
./.../ the physics is all wrong. It can not walk in a fashion that even resemlbe a human walk, with torso straight up and legs moving in front of avatar only. Female avatar kneel when walking, lookin like they are climbing mountains on plain ground. Boobs looks like balloons no matter what size they are. /.../
Indeed. One more example - equip Katsuichi sword, hit something and then look at your left shoulder.

There's many similar problems with limbs, the physics of the human body has serious flaws, the running human body is nowhere near to the level it was before this VU, etc etc.

Looks like the programmers didn't have time to finish their work? Only the basic movements are more or less right, (even those have flaws like done in a hurry), but as soon as u do something less ordinary the whole new-and-better-looking-avatars-thing breaks down and leaves u with the plain inhuman ugliness of the broken/missing code.

It's not just a question of fixing few textures on clothes/armors, this VU came with serious problems... not something that can be fixed in few weeks. Nothing new, but very disappointing nevertheless. :(

Back